Any operator who cannot pay a decent livable wage to his or hers drivers shouldn't be an operator. When drivers are

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Gab_meesto

Any operator who cannot pay a decent livable wage to his or hers drivers shouldn't be an operator. When drivers are

Post by Gab_meesto »

Any operator who cannot pay a decent livable wage to his or hers drivers shouldn't be an operator. When drivers are earning less than 10quid an hour because there is something wrong. To drive a coach a driver should be on at least 15quid an hour.
droin_1243

Re: Any operator who cannot pay a decent livable wage to his or hers drivers shouldn't be an operator. When drivers are

Post by droin_1243 »

For any operator to make a profit they have to quote affordable prices. If they don’t the custom will go elsewhere in turn that reflects on wages
Gab_meesto

Re: Any operator who cannot pay a decent livable wage to his or hers drivers shouldn't be an operator. When drivers are

Post by Gab_meesto »

droin_1243 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:44 pm For any operator to make a profit they have to quote affordable prices. If they don’t the custom will go elsewhere in turn that reflects on wages
You think it's right that a driver after a 10 hr shift then has to park up and wash and hoover 'his' coach for 10quid an hour? it's slave labour
MICHEMIS

Post by MICHEMIS »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:44 pm
droin_1243 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:44 pm For any operator to make a profit they have to quote affordable prices. If they don’t the custom will go elsewhere in turn that reflects on wages
You think it's right that a driver after a 10 hr shift then has to park up and wash and hoover 'his' coach for 10quid an hour? it's slave labour
Why does the companies you work for not pay you to clean your coach?
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

MICHEMIS wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:46 pm
10 pound an hour to drive and at the end of the day clean the coach? Not good money and total disrespect for the drivers
droin_1243

Post by droin_1243 »

cleaning is part of the job & you should take pride in what your driving & keep it clean anyway.
droin_1243

Post by droin_1243 »

If your not happy with what your being paid then change jobs & go work at Asda.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

droin_1243 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:48 pm
If your not happy with what your being paid then change jobs & go work at Asda.
I already have. I've giving up on coaching now taxi driving. I earn for myself not some operator t**t who wants another Ferrari. But each to there own.
shaz1cent

Post by shaz1cent »

nicely put. On tour its a pride thing. A driver is driving upto a 15mtr advert, now you see 2 coaches driving down the road ones sh*t up and ones gleaming, which coach driver is on £9phr???
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

shaz1cent wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:51 pm

nicely put. On tour its a pride thing. A driver is driving upto a 15mtr advert, now you see 2 coaches driving down the road ones sh*t up and ones gleaming, which coach driver is on £9phr???
The one that's gleaming cause he's the one who wants to shove his tongue up the bosses backside. The one driving the shed couldn't give a toss.
shaz1cent

Post by shaz1cent »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:51 pm

The one that's gleaming cause he's the one who wants to shove his tongue up the bosses backside. The one driving the shed couldn't give a toss.
how many hours to get good money on a taxi?
Ruush-kix

Post by Ruush-kix »

Come on the buses, hell of a lot better now
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

Ruush-kix wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:54 pm

at the height of the of the pandemic the taxi trade like the coaching industry was dead and I seriously did think about going back on buses.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

Ruush-kix wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:54 pm

Thankfully the taxi trade has now picked up, so I probably will not drive a bus or coach again. 😊
halle-1244

Post by halle-1244 »

I agree, but it's never going to happen 😪
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

I've quiet coaching now taxi driving much better. I don't help some operator t**t get a nice new Aston Martin.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

Operators whinge about not getting good drivers: I suggest to such operators pay a decent wage.
ril8yenor

Post by ril8yenor »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:00 pm I've quiet coaching now taxi driving much better. I don't help some operator t**t get a nice new Aston Martin.
No but you help some taxi company owner buy a nice new Aston Martin instead with the base rent
Merv.conex

Post by Merv.conex »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:01 pm Operators whinge about not getting good drivers: I suggest to such operators pay a decent wage.
just a thought the business owners I know don’t have flash cars. They are hard working guys like us.
willes.1245

Post by willes.1245 »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:01 pm Operators whinge about not getting good drivers: I suggest to such operators pay a decent wage.
Never read such a stupid, like companies can afford to pay £15/hour!
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

willes.1245 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:11 pm
can't afford to pay a decent wage then they shouldn't be in business. Simple as that.
AateiExec

Post by AateiExec »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:11 pm
can't afford to pay a decent wage then they shouldn't be in business. Simple as that.
If your not a coach driver pal, you should piss off to a taxi drivers page and cry on there!
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

AateiExec wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:14 pm

If your not a coach driver pal, you should piss off to a taxi drivers page and cry on there!
I still hold a pcv and I have as much right to express an opinion on the coaching industry as your good self without resulting to vulgar language.
AateiExec

Post by AateiExec »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:14 pm

I still hold a pcv and I have as much right to express an opinion on the coaching industry as your good self without resulting to vulgar language.
🤣 vulgar language? I said “piss off” you whining cretin…
AateiExec

Post by AateiExec »

Please tell me how much you were on when they hid West Ramp from you? 🤣
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

AateiExec wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:15 pm

I was at the time on about 9.75 an hour and driving a heap of sh*t bova that should've had a pg9 like all of amber coaches motors. That operator is typical of most operators, do everything on the cheap and pay as little as possible. I know there are good operators out there unfortunately I've only had the experience for working for one good operator.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

Please tell me how much you were on when they hid West Ramp from you? 🤣
Coach drivers do need to make a stand, because 10 quid an hour is not a good wage when you are responsible for the safety of your passengers and after a long day still expected to wash and vacuum your coach. Too many drivers just accept it because of this myth of having 'pride's in 'your' coach. Bollocking, I'd rather have a decent wage..
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

also in regards to west ramp it was the very first time I'd taken a coach to Heathrow. I missed the signs for west ramp and f**ked up but at least I didn't hit a bridge like some t**ts do.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

The point is no one who holds a pcv licence in their right mind is going to work for 10 quid an hour. That is an insult to hard working coach drivers and if an operator can't afford to pay more then he or she is doing it wrong and shouldn't be in business. The taxi firm I work through is a cooperative. It's owned by us drivers no one individual gets rich of my back.
willes.1245

Post by willes.1245 »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:17 pm The point is no one who holds a pcv licence in their right mind is going to work for 10 quid an hour. That is an insult to hard working coach drivers and if an operator can't afford to pay more then he or she is doing it wrong and shouldn't be in business. The taxi firm I work through is a cooperative. It's owned by us drivers no one individual gets rich of my back.
why don't you piss off and join a taxi w**kers forum so you can whinge and moan about things that don't concern you on a different forum.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

willes.1245 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:18 pm
Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:17 pm The point is no one who holds a pcv licence in their right mind is going to work for 10 quid an hour. That is an insult to hard working coach drivers and if an operator can't afford to pay more then he or she is doing it wrong and shouldn't be in business. The taxi firm I work through is a cooperative. It's owned by us drivers no one individual gets rich of my back.
why don't you piss off and join a taxi w**kers forum so you can whinge and moan about things that don't concern you on a different forum.
As I've already stated I still hold my pcv and have as much right to express an opinion. If you don't like that opinion scroll on by.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

There are some tetchy souls on here. 😂
willes.1245

Post by willes.1245 »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:19 pm
there are also some right tossers on here that think everyone should be on unrealistic amounts of money!
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

willes.1245 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:19 pm

there are also some right tossers on here that think everyone should be on unrealistic amounts of money!
it's not unrealistic tho. Coach drivers have a big responsibility they should paid accordingly.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

willes.1245 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:19 pm

I enjoyed coaching and I'd probably be still doing it if I could earn a decent living from it. But we can't and I'm 1 of thousands that have walked away from coach driving because it's not worth it.
b0xusateb

Post by b0xusateb »

So many operators living in big houses with second homes and flash cars yet pay minimum wage!
LEONIPHO

Post by LEONIPHO »

Got to ask the question. Why £15 per hour? 😉
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

LEONIPHO wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:27 pm Got to ask the question. Why £15 per hour? 😉
I did say at least 15 quid an hour. 😎
LEONIPHO

Post by LEONIPHO »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:28 pm
LEONIPHO wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:27 pm Got to ask the question. Why £15 per hour? 😉
So why would a PCV drivers services be worth a minimum of £15 p/hr?
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

LEONIPHO wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:29 pm
Being a driver/cleaner/tour guide. That deserves at least 15 quid an hour.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

And coach driver.
shaz1cent

Post by shaz1cent »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:29 pm

And coach driver.
if ya bickering about money you're not a coach driver.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

shaz1cent wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:30 pm

And coach driver.
sad. Everyone deserves a livable wage and you're point is really really sad. You rely on tips to pay the bills. And not a decent wage.
shaz1cent

Post by shaz1cent »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:31 pm

And coach driver.
sad. Everyone deserves a livable wage and you're point is really really sad. You rely on tips to pay the bills. And not a decent wage.
never ever expect tips, I lived off my tips whilst away, which was April to November, my wage paid my mortgage and any other bills, BTW gas n electric was turned off as well as the water!
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

shaz1cent wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:31 pm

never ever expect tips, I lived off my tips whilst away, which was April to November, my wage paid my mortgage and any other bills, BTW gas n electric was turned off as well as the water!
don't care I gave up coaching because the pay was sh*t. I earn twice as much if not more being a taxi driver. But each to there own.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

If you think 10 quid an hour is acceptable wage for what is expected of a coach driver then you are more sad and pathetic than I first realized.
shaz1cent

Post by shaz1cent »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:32 pm

don't care I gave up coaching because the pay was sh*t. I earn twice as much if not more being a taxi driver. But each to there own.
so why, if you're a taxi driver having a go about coach driver wages? Simple question really, I've had to retire after 30yrs driving a coach due to medical reasons, namely fused vertebrae in my spine a busted left knee and hip.
shaz1cent

Post by shaz1cent »

If you think 10 quid an hour is acceptable wage for what is expected of a coach driver then you are more sad and pathetic than I first realized.
My point is coach drivers don't do it for the money, proper coach drivers do it coz it's in their blood, so long as they're driving people around British Isles or Europe they're happy. Am not looking through rose tinted glasses, I loved my job and, if I wasn't medically retired I'd still be doing it today
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

shaz1cent wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:33 pm

so why, if you're a taxi driver having a go about coach driver wages? Simple question really, I've had to retire after 30yrs driving a coach due to medical reasons, namely fused vertebrae in my spine a busted left knee and hip.
bollocks. Everyone needs to earn a living, I enjoyed doing tours but the money that I was earning made it impossible to continue. A proper coach driver still needs to earn earn a livable wage.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

My point is coach drivers don't do it for the money, proper coach drivers do it coz it's in their blood, so long as they're driving people around British Isles or Europe they're happy. Am not looking through rose tinted glasses, I loved my job and, if I wasn't medically retired I'd still be doing it today
You talk crap.... what's the point of working and not earning a decent livable wage?
b0xusateb

Post by b0xusateb »

of course they do it for the money and if you enjoy it that's a bonus. You don't speak for the majority! Unhealthy lifestyle is why so many drivers retire through ill health!
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

b0xusateb wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:34 pm

of course they do it for the money and if you enjoy it that's a bonus. You don't speak for the majority! Unhealthy lifestyle is why so many drivers retire through ill health!
Proper coach drivers do it coz it's in their blood?
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

What absolute bollocks, as I've said I enjoyed doing tours and day trips but the money I was earning made it difficult to actually survive. Where as a taxi driver I earn more and work when I want to.
earp9ghim

Post by earp9ghim »

what absolute sh*te! I loved being a touring coach driver but I’m not working for fresh air! I’m sure my wife would love to hear when I’m away, sorry you and the kids can’t eat this week but don’t worry coach driving is in my blood!
earp9ghim

Post by earp9ghim »

It’s just sad that people try to justify piss poor wages!
Bryo.jeans

Post by Bryo.jeans »

are you saying low wages are ok because you can make it up in tips?
Hac-ropeedi

Post by Hac-ropeedi »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:35 pm

What absolute bollocks, as I've said I enjoyed doing tours and day trips but the money I was earning made it difficult to actually survive. Where as a taxi driver I earn more and work when I want to.
what’s a proper coach driver, they have to wear a waistcoat
ril8yenor

Post by ril8yenor »

Some class one drivers are on less than £10ph there is a lot more risk on that job than just driving passengers from a to b and having a fun day at the seaside whilst waiting for them truck drivers also was there trucks clean inside there trucks handball there load some of them so what’s so special about coach drivers getting minimum £15ph I used to be a coach driver didn’t like been on less than £10ph did something about it didn’t sit on here or in facebook crying about it
samby-1233

Post by samby-1233 »

ril8yenor wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:41 pm Some class one drivers are on less than £10ph there is a lot more risk on that job than just driving passengers from a to b and having a fun day at the seaside whilst waiting for them truck drivers also was there trucks clean inside there trucks handball there load some of them so what’s so special about coach drivers getting minimum £15ph I used to be a coach driver didn’t like been on less than £10ph did something about it didn’t sit on here or in facebook crying about it
it doesn't sound like you did alot of coach Driving. Too have the audacity to say there is alot more risk driving Hgv, wrong both are similar in some ways but there is alot more responsibility driving 48 passengers to Italy and alot more pressure involved.
samby-1233

Post by samby-1233 »

ril8yenor wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:41 pm Some class one drivers are on less than £10ph there is a lot more risk on that job than just driving passengers from a to b and having a fun day at the seaside whilst waiting for them truck drivers also was there trucks clean inside there trucks handball there load some of them so what’s so special about coach drivers getting minimum £15ph I used to be a coach driver didn’t like been on less than £10ph did something about it didn’t sit on here or in facebook crying about it
If you went off the road driving a truck they would just send another load of food or whatever. You can't replace people.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

samby-1233 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:43 pm
it doesn't sound like you did alot of coach Driving. Too have the audacity to say there is alot more risk driving Hgv, wrong both are similar in some ways but there is alot more responsibility driving 48 passengers to Italy and alot more pressure involved.
totally agree with you on that. When a large vehicle goes into a stationary car ,more often than not its a 'professional 'hgv driver who causes such carnage.
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

If you went off the road driving a truck they would just send another load of food or whatever. You can't replace people.
I guarantee if you look back over the years when there has been a major accident on the motorways involving a large vehicle that large vehicle is a lorry not a coach.
LAVINFO

Post by LAVINFO »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:44 pm
I guarantee if you look back over the years when there has been a major accident on the motorways involving a large vehicle that large vehicle is a lorry not a coach.
that’s only because there is a lot more HGVs on the road than coaches period
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

I'm not crying about it, my point operators shouldn't whinge if they get some useless twat driving their coaches getting lost or crashing into bridges. If you pay peanuts expect to employ useless monkeys. 😂
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

Exactly. Then whinge when they can't find decent drivers...
b0xusateb

Post by b0xusateb »

And running old sheds syphoning off the profits!
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

Yep, I can't see myself driving a coach again because the wages are a piss take.
col1emod

Post by col1emod »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:46 pm Yep, I can't see myself driving a coach again because the wages are a piss take.
taxi drivers don’t earn much most struggling to earn minimum wage
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

col1emod wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:46 pm
Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:46 pm Yep, I can't see myself driving a coach again because the wages are a piss take.
we were but since the pubs and restaurants have reopened we are very busy. Well at least we are where I'm based.
col1emod

Post by col1emod »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:46 pm
we were but since the pubs and restaurants have reopened we are very busy. Well at least we are where I'm based.
where are you located
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

col1emod wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:47 pm

where are you located
Southend
col1emod

Post by col1emod »

Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:47 pm

where are you located
Southend
my dad and my uncle were taxi drivers there 18 hours days with very little to show
Gab_meesto

Post by Gab_meesto »

col1emod wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:48 pm
Gab_meesto wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:47 pm

where are you located
Southend
my dad and my uncle were taxi drivers there 18 hours days with very little to show
it's been a nightmare the last 16 months but as soon as pubs, restaurants opened up and the likes of primark trade has picked up. We are for mate that we've kept uber and their like out of Southend. I truly do feel sorry for London cabs they have been truly stitched up.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”