Hello all. I have my own haulage company. My question is do I still need a transport manager if my lorry is void,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
ralucast

Hello all. I have my own haulage company. My question is do I still need a transport manager if my lorry is void,

Post by ralucast »

Hello all... I have my own haulage company but I decided for the last weeks to work like a driver for a company in Bristol with their lorries, better money and hours. My question is do I still need a transport manager if my lorry is void, out of the road just not to loose the licence?
Cheers!
gowletter

Re: Hello all. I have my own haulage company. My question is do I still need a transport manager if my lorry is void,

Post by gowletter »

Is the license active?
Do you wish to continue using your haulage company to carry good for others in the future?
If yes then yes if no then surrender licence and shut it down
ralucast

Re: Hello all. I have my own haulage company. My question is do I still need a transport manager if my lorry is void,

Post by ralucast »

gowletter wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 pm Is the license active?
Do you wish to continue using your haulage company to carry good for others in the future?
yes is active and yes I would like to keep it. I have my own lorry but because I'm not use it at the minute I take it off the road and I am working for this company driving. Cheers.
gowletter

Post by gowletter »

ralucast wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:24 pm
yes is active and yes I would like to keep it. I have my own lorry but because I'm not use it at the minute I take it off the road and I am working for this company driving. Cheers.
vor but I'd keep the TM or will cause issues with licencing and need to reapply
ralucast

Post by ralucast »

gowletter wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:24 pm
ralucast wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:24 pm
vor but I'd keep the TM or will cause issues with licencing and need to reapply
I will then. Thank you very much.
Allanol

Post by Allanol »

Yes if you wish to keep your o licence. You must also have access to a vehicle. This can be the facility to hire one so set up an account with a hire company
glazear

Post by glazear »

If you own a truck and can’t make it pay and working for someone else you say for more money you need to sell up lol 😂
ralucast

Post by ralucast »

glazear wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:27 pm If you own a truck and can’t make it pay and working for someone else you say for more money you need to sell up lol 😂
I own my own yes the problem is where I am I can.t find subcontractors and the ones that I found are not paying enough, by the end of the week you realize that is not worthy and more now since the diesel price is so high.
Marciour

Post by Marciour »

You need a vechile on your license to keep it

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”