Can all you drivers look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Andyeer

Re: Can all you drivers look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the

Post by Andyeer »

...but what about back loads?
Danine

Re: Can all you drivers look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the

Post by Danine »

You have your point.. today looks like a rough day on the market, and month.. especially if you rely on a platform that is supposed to help businesses, which is not ( but advertised like so...
Loftinn

Post by Loftinn »

what about all the drivers that aren't from, or based in the UK taking on work at a ridiculously low rate by our standards but at a very high rate for the standards of the country that money ends up in... flip flops wrecked it, tell me I'm wrong?
Garethic

Post by Garethic »

All loads on the CX are sub-contracting so at a backload rate. The end customer is paying more per mile for the job to be done but if you want all of the pie then you have to find your own direct customers.
If your customer is a fellow transport company then you are sub-contracting and working for backload rates, and that's all you can expect.
Finding sub-contracting work is easy, finding direct work is not but it is worth the effort if in it for the long term.
Danieel

Post by Danieel »

I haven't had a good job on cx from December and I m currently working less with it. I can't get jobs at 1.2p/m on my Luton so I don't bother. If it gets better next months maybe, but if I get some permanent work just start to fell like a waste of money
AndyAv

Post by AndyAv »

£1.50 a mile at cost of diesel £8.00 a gallon van would have to be doing some mpg to make money?
Carlow

Post by Carlow »

AndyAv wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:13 pm £1.50 a mile at cost of diesel £8.00 a gallon van would have to be doing some mpg to make money?
what's it cost yer van to run per mile?
Andyeer

Post by Andyeer »

Every clown wants a direct delivery price for even 1 box with flexi pick up and delivery.
Lauream

Post by Lauream »

CX is the best shit that it makes everyone when joining like they hit the jackpot at Loto :)) I wish all of you a successful winning 😃😜
Paully

Post by Paully »

Had a job from wa1 to South Wales
Someone put a price in for 450 lwb van.
I'm guessing he don't like to work, route was 200 miles.
New member been sold a dream.
Carlow

Post by Carlow »

Paully wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:15 pm Had a job from wa1 to South Wales
don't be making comments like that Jesus christ. You'll be hung🤣
Paully

Post by Paully »

Carlow wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:16 pm
this is the truth tho
Carlow

Post by Carlow »

Paully wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:17 pm
this is the truth tho
they want the truth, but they can't handle the truth
Paully

Post by Paully »

Carlow wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:17 pm
Paully wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:17 pm

this is the truth tho
they want the truth, but they can't handle the truth
Was shot down this week for 80quid for 80 miles small van from sn postcode to cf postcode.
Put a quote on 80, calls up saying its a lwb price. No I said its a quote, why waste my time if it doesn't work for you
Flonoun

Post by Flonoun »

200 miles going and 200 miles back!
That's how pricing should be minimum for end users!
Just in case You have any doubt and wonder how pricing works!
Then You will have budget to subcontract a backloader for fair amount of 300£ to have both Your customers happy about Your sevice!
Win win You call it?😂
Paully

Post by Paully »

Flonoun wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:18 pm
Then You will have budget to subcontract a backloader for fair amount of 300£ to have both Your customers happy about Your sevice!
Win win You call it?😂
can get a better price off a 7.5t lorry go away and learn the job of you really think this.
Good luck getting customer to pay this
Flonoun

Post by Flonoun »

Paully wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm
Win win You call it?😂
can get a better price off a 7.5t lorry go away and learn the job of you really think this.
They are few left around, but not for long with Your guys attitude for this business!😂
Paully

Post by Paully »

Flonoun wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm

Win win You call it?😂
They are few left around, but not for long with Your guys attitude for this business!😂
there you go then good luck with it 👍
Flonoun

Post by Flonoun »

Paully wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:20 pm
Flonoun wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm

there you go then good luck with it 👍
Thanks! Same to You sir!
Gabrimo

Post by Gabrimo »

Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 392 times
SSconsto

Post by SSconsto »

Gabrimo wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:22 pm...
and what van is that in and time?
Gabrimo

Post by Gabrimo »

SSconsto wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:23 pm
Gabrimo wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:22 pm...
and what van is that in and time?
Luton curtainsider, loaded this evening deliver tomorrow morning
Tarbban

Post by Tarbban »

Make good quotes for reasonable money, go to the customer, talk to their customer and after you just need to convince that person to become your client and you will definitely be paid more than £2/mile 😈😈
Stuardd

Post by Stuardd »

Your joking ain't ya?
I have been putting quotes in for artic at £1.60 a mile and not even getting them 😂😅🤣
Good luck with that pal, I think you'll be sat at home most of February if it's CX you're reliant on!!
Darrened

Post by Darrened »

What you have to remember is the people who are posting work are probably charging close to the rates you have wished for, you have to give a wholesale price as your subcontracting, If your relying on the CX to make a living you wont last long. You need a customer who will send you down the rd and use cx to get back
GeoConn

Post by GeoConn »

Darrened wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:28 pm What you have to remember is the people who are posting work are probably charging close to the rates you have wished for, you have to give a wholesale price as your subcontracting, If your relying on the CX to make a living you wont last long. You need a customer who will send you down the rd and use cx to get back
sorry mate I disagree with you. CX is a freight platform and was for years for thousand of subcontractors companies who are making a living from exchange, people who post the jobs are charging there own customers based on there subcontractors prices most of the time. Most of the subcontractors on CX don’t know what is that backload, for example for us even for backload we charge the same price per mile like normal load.
Darrened

Post by Darrened »

GeoConn wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:29 pm
Darrened wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:28 pm What you have to remember is the people who are posting work are probably charging close to the rates you have wished for, you have to give a wholesale price as your subcontracting, If your relying on the CX to make a living you wont last long. You need a customer who will send you down the rd and use cx to get back
sorry mate I disagree with you. CX is a freight platform and was for years for thousand of subcontractors companies who are making a living from exchange, people who post the jobs are charging there own customers based on there subcontractors prices most of the time. Most of the subcontractors on CX don’t know what is that backload, for example for us even for backload we charge the same price per mile like normal load.
if your subcontracting you can’t expect retail rates of pay
IonutGo

Post by IonutGo »

Thanks for the intel. Teamwork makes the dream work 👍
Karlicon

Post by Karlicon »

£1.50 per mile on a Luton?? Lol there are sooooo many people running artics at less than that 😂
My work is priced individually and often, if calculated per mile, goes above the rates you’ve posted above. And had customers telling me that they can get an artic for cheaper than that. So if you think that it would help if couriers came together and “set” higher rates then you are mistaken. More stuff would go on big vehicles and vans would only be used where absolutely necessary i.e. restricted access etc. which would lead a lot of people going out of business. Which may not be a bad thing since market is currently so heavily saturated

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”