I want to get my HGV class 1 license. I am 44 years, is it possible to start with Larry driver as a professional driver?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
rowan

I want to get my HGV class 1 license. I am 44 years, is it possible to start with Larry driver as a professional driver?

Post by rowan »

Hi Mates
I want to get my HGV class 1 license. Any guidance, please.
I am 44 years, is it possible to start with Larry driver as a professional driver?!
KinGWoK

Re: I want to get my HGV class 1 license. I am 44 years, is it possible to start with Larry driver as a professional dri

Post by KinGWoK »

You ain’t going to earn what the papers say, and when they let flip flops back your be on sod all
busera

Re: I want to get my HGV class 1 license. I am 44 years, is it possible to start with Larry driver as a professional dri

Post by busera »

If you think it suits you and won't do it just for the money, don't waist your time on this groups anymore and go for it. It can be challenging, long hours and hard work sometimes, but at least you'll be able to provide more for your family.
lundia

Post by lundia »

If you know any lorry drivers ask them where they did their training and go from there. Costs around £3000 all in when I did it in 2019. You should still be able to get a job at most companies without issue because you’re over 30.
edgem

Post by edgem »

this is the best time to drive mate if it takes money to learn go for it it will be worth it. and dont get offended by negative or personal remarks. England is full of good people, u get some odd remarks just ignore it and move on.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”