Hi, Asking for friendly advice. I don't have any experience in road haulage. I've failed 2 the case study. I studied

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Geollan

Hi, Asking for friendly advice. I don't have any experience in road haulage. I've failed 2 the case study. I studied

Post by Geollan »

Hi,
Asking for friendly advice. I don't have any experience in road haulage.
I've failed 2 the case study. I studied with Driver Hire, the worst choice I've made.
I would like to take the test this March. Would you be willing to let me know what is the best way forward for me, please?
Obviously the study notes from DH aren't working for me. I'm that desperate to get the pass that i was even considering of asking other providers to help me get this over.
Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you
I should have added that I'm ok with driver hours and costs. The maintenance, planning and those questions at the beginning seems to be a problem, as i got 0 points on the maintenance and planning.
Last edited by Geollan on Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrawiz53

Re: Hi, Asking for friendly advice. I don't have any experience in road haulage. I've failed 2 the case study. I studied

Post by Andrawiz53 »

Went I did mine many moons ago I went to night class at the local collage then went to the local
Peteller

Re: Hi, Asking for friendly advice. I don't have any experience in road haulage. I've failed 2 the case study. I studied

Post by Peteller »

You need the latest version of this book
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (50.97 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Geollan

Post by Geollan »

Peteller wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 pm You need the latest version of this book
isn't this book covering for cpc only? TM CPC has more to it I think. Am I right?
Peteller

Post by Peteller »

Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 pm
Peteller wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 pm You need the latest version of this book
isn't this book covering for cpc only? TM CPC has more to it I think. Am I right?
that’s the TM book, I passed my exam’s first time by only reading it.
Geollan

Post by Geollan »

Peteller wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 pm
Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 pm
that’s the TM book, I passed my exam’s first time by only reading it.
that is great news, well done you.
Krouthio

Post by Krouthio »

Yep, same here. Used this book and google.
Collinte

Post by Collinte »

I believe the failure rate is deliberately kept at 50% by the exam board, and given some of the questions I got I believe that - 1st time pass though - question about which two countries have a specific named toll tunnel between them - how the heck would I know a tunnel 1000 miles from home.
Tonych

Post by Tonych »

Collinte wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:52 pm I believe the failure rate is deliberately kept at 50% by the exam board, and given some of the questions I got I believe that - 1st time pass though - question about which two countries have a specific named toll tunnel between them - how the heck would I know a tunnel 1000 miles from home.
channel tunnel?
Collinte

Post by Collinte »

Tonych wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:54 pm
Collinte wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:52 pm I believe the failure rate is deliberately kept at 50% by the exam board, and given some of the questions I got I believe that - 1st time pass though - question about which two countries have a specific named toll tunnel between them - how the heck would I know a tunnel 1000 miles from home.
channel tunnel?
That one I might have known
Tonych

Post by Tonych »

Collinte wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:54 pm
channel tunnel?
yeah it's hard sometimes in those exams to think of the nearest. Did you pass?
Collinte

Post by Collinte »

channel tunnel?
I did fortunately, they gave an English name, with no clue as to the country, Tunnel du... at least would be a clue it connects France with something, this was a roll of the dice and completely unrelated to the course.
Andrisco

Post by Andrisco »

Collinte wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:55 pm

I did fortunately, they gave an English name, with no clue as to the country, Tunnel du... at least would be a clue it connects France with something, this was a roll of the dice and completely unrelated to the course.
between france and Italy Mont-Blanc tunnel? 🤨
Collinte

Post by Collinte »

Andrisco wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:56 pm

oh heck no - that would be too easy asking about one of the famous ones😁
Pikccm

Post by Pikccm »

Andrisco wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:56 pm

Frejus
Damiant

Post by Damiant »

channel tunnel?
mont blanc tunnel was mine. Asking where it ends 🤷‍♀️
Tonych

Post by Tonych »

Damiant wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:59 pm

blanc is France Italy. Through the alps
Damiant

Post by Damiant »

Tonych wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:59 pm
Damiant wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:59 pm

blanc is France Italy. Through the alps
yeah I googled it afterwards lol. at the time not a clue.
Johnny43

Post by Johnny43 »

when you make a statement like that you need to back it up with hard evidence.
The fact that you BELIEVE the failure rate is kept at 50% is purely your imagination working overtime.
So don't make comments like this unless you can support your claim.
Addamic

Post by Addamic »

Enterprise transport training as everything you need to pass
Geollan

Post by Geollan »

CraigA1 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:02 pm Driver Hire AGAIN.
for another failure, no thank you.
CraigA1

Post by CraigA1 »

Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:03 pm
Sorry I meant the amount of complaints about them. Make sure you leave them reviews! You’re not the first or last unfortunately
Geollan

Post by Geollan »

CraigA1 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:03 pm
Sorry I meant the amount of complaints about them. Make sure you leave them reviews! You’re not the first or last unfortunately
I've realized that, but it was to late unfortunately.
Steppex

Post by Steppex »

Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:04 pm
CraigA1 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:03 pm

I've realized that, but it was to late unfortunately.
Try Enterprise Transport training in Manchester, I did online classes with them and passed it first attempt
Samanza

Post by Samanza »

Personally Driver Hire were brilliant for me, i passed first time with their support & guidance. Thought I'd share that because their trainer was one of the best I've ever been tutored by.
Markky63

Post by Markky63 »

Where do you live if in Essex try sigma studies on a13
Geollan

Post by Geollan »

Markky63 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:15 pm Where do you live if in Essex try sigma studies on a13
out of the area. I'm in the North West
Jiminst

Post by Jiminst »

Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:15 pm
Markky63 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:15 pm Where do you live if in Essex try sigma studies on a13
speak to Jo Elms at Operator and Driver Support Services Ltd She's a first class trainer and is in your neck of the woods.
Johntex

Post by Johntex »

Jiminst wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:16 pm
Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:15 pm
speak to Jo Elms at Operator and Driver Support Services Ltd She's a first class trainer and is in your neck of the woods.
totally agree. Jo was my trainer last year.
Rebeccio

Post by Rebeccio »

I went with Logistics UK and they were brilliant. I've passed my multiple choice but waiting on my case study results 🙏🏽
Damiant

Post by Damiant »

Did you not have a folder with literally everything in it, to pass, I did mine with enterprise online, they gave me a huge folder that I took in with me. Passed first time.
Jackon

Post by Jackon »

I’m a CPC instructor, inbox me and I’d be happy to help.
Geollan

Post by Geollan »

Jackon wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:21 pm I’m a CPC instructor, inbox me and I’d be happy to help.
prive sent
Nathro

Post by Nathro »

I absolutely recommend ENTERPRISE Transport Training, they are offering all what will ever a student need to get through and pass the exams, all the study material and live online classes with tutors also mock tests and exam simulator. I joined them after a huge disappointment i had with NTP. The nearest exam is in March, the 10th
Geollan

Post by Geollan »

Nathro wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:23 pm I absolutely recommend ENTERPRISE Transport Training, they are offering all what will ever a student need to get through and pass the exams, all the study material and live online classes with tutors also mock tests and exam simulator. I joined them after a huge disappointment i had with NTP. The nearest exam is in March, the 10th
oh wow, I was really impressed with NTP YT videos and was thinking of contacting them. Why were you not happy with ntp?
Nathro

Post by Nathro »

Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:23 pm
Nathro wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:23 pm I absolutely recommend ENTERPRISE Transport Training, they are offering all what will ever a student need to get through and pass the exams, all the study material and live online classes with tutors also mock tests and exam simulator. I joined them after a huge disappointment i had with NTP. The nearest exam is in March, the 10th
oh wow, I was really impressed with NTP YT videos and was thinking of contacting them. Why were you not happy with ntp?
There is a lot to say, though they have strong marketing only. Short long story. I'm questioning any first time passes with this provider unless having solid knowledge /experience, and if so, however should spot that the course notes are full of errors, most of the answers to the test questions at the final preparation to the exam were never found on the course. I had only to report errors and of course this is disappointing. I found extremely raw and unprofessional course material. Had to Google all the times and realized how much their course is misworded. Also it is not tailored to different level of students. Some tutors comments were arrogant and belittling. Not helpful. I quit in November leaving them the reason and a feedback, to be called after 3 months saying they want to help me?? That's ridiculous! No thanks, no more time to waste! NTP quality and what they offer is extremely silly.
I'm happy that i came across Enterprise, i was positively surprised to receive all the books and exam at no cost, 10 days live classes to get ready for the exam, mock tests, live classes preparing for the case study exam, they not only prepare for the exam but also offer practical professional advices, i have available trusted course notes and tutors along with vary ways of study. To mention, i got all this for less £ and i can't be more happier with Enterprise.
Addamic

Post by Addamic »

ntl is basically an online copy of the home study material.
They are not a good place to lean and charge you extra for exams, enterprise transport training has everything you will ever need plus its cheaper than ntl and your exam fees are included too
Razvanex

Post by Razvanex »

Nathro wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:24 pm
There is a lot to say, though they have strong marketing only. Short long story. I'm questioning any first time passes with this provider unless having solid knowledge /experience, and if so, however should spot that the course notes are full of errors, most of the answers to the test questions at the final preparation to the exam were never found on the course. I had only to report errors and of course this is disappointing. I found extremely raw and unprofessional course material. Had to Google all the times and realized how much their course is misworded. Also it is not tailored to different level of students. Some tutors comments were arrogant and belittling. Not helpful. I quit in November leaving them the reason and a feedback, to be called after 3 months saying they want to help me?? That's ridiculous! No thanks, no more time to waste! NTP quality and what they offer is extremely silly.
I'm happy that i came across Enterprise, i was positively surprised to receive all the books and exam at no cost, 10 days live classes to get ready for the exam, mock tests, live classes preparing for the case study exam, they not only prepare for the exam but also offer practical professional advices, i have available trusted course notes and tutors along with vary ways of study. To mention, i got all this for less £ and i can't be more happier with Enterprise.
why were you disappointed? I studied with NTP and passed the exam first try. The materials and course support in general are very good. If the students cannot work out a learning plan to fit into the course structure and/or they cannot process the information (providing they asked the assigned tutor for clarification), then this is not the training provider's fault. 😉
Nathro

Post by Nathro »

Razvanex wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:26 pm
Nathro wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:24 pm

why were you disappointed? I studied with NTP and passed the exam first try. The materials and course support in general are very good. If the students cannot work out a learning plan to fit into the course structure and/or they cannot process the information (providing they asked the assigned tutor for clarification), then this is not the training provider's fault. 😉
happy for you passing first time, well done!
Just answered to the author.
Nathro

Post by Nathro »

Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (43.4 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Daniells

Post by Daniells »

If you are in the North West then I would suggest DriverLink Training in Skelmersdale. They are really good!
Scottych

Post by Scottych »

North East Logistics Academy 💯 recommended 👌
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

It sounds to me as though you need help with how to approach the questions in a case study, analyse and then answer them. You may already have the knowledge. The RHA do a one day Case Study revision day where they help you prepare for the case study exam. I think the course costs about £100. I’m planning to do one myself.
TMexperts

Post by TMexperts »

Geollan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:47 pm Hi,
Asking for friendly advice. I don't have any experience in road haulage.
I've failed 2 the case study. I studied with Driver Hire, the worst choice I've made.
I would like to take the test this March. Would you be willing to let me know what is the best way forward for me, please?
Obviously the study notes from DH aren't working for me. I'm that desperate to get the pass that i was even considering of asking other providers to help me get this over.
Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you
I should have added that I'm ok with driver hours and costs. The maintenance, planning and those questions at the beginning seems to be a problem, as i got 0 points on the maintenance and planning.
DH use CILT. If you passed the MCQ paper then you will need to go with another provider that does CILT exams to complete the qualification. CILT don't recognise other exams, and others won't recognise CILT's.
Whichever provider you use, they may have training manuals as part of their course, check first. If you're not gonna do their course then get the guide mentioned in other replies, and just book the exam with another local centre. Sorted.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”