Good evening, If a lorry is classed as plant does the driver have to keep up his cpc many thanks

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
lind2Pinned

Good evening, If a lorry is classed as plant does the driver have to keep up his cpc many thanks

Post by lind2Pinned »

ClauJan

Re: Good evening, If a lorry is classed as plant does the driver have to keep up his cpc many thanks

Post by ClauJan »

If it is plant, its not a lorry.
NigeMuch

Re: Good evening, If a lorry is classed as plant does the driver have to keep up his cpc many thanks

Post by NigeMuch »

ClauJan wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:15 pm If it is plant, its not a lorry.
tippers that only stay on the quarry are classed as plant
ownenzane

Post by ownenzane »

as do cement pump units are v5 as plant..
lind2Pinned

Post by lind2Pinned »

ownenzane wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:16 pm
Yes it’s plant on log book it’s a evac for clearing rubble etc on site but never on road loaded
eddieMedi

Post by eddieMedi »

lind2Pinned wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:16 pm
ownenzane wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:16 pm
Yes it’s plant on log book it’s a evac for clearing rubble etc on site but never on road loaded
Multiple different sites? Then they need their DQC for when they drive them to a site.
HarrGato

Post by HarrGato »

Could you clarify the exact nature of the plant in question?
lind2Pinned

Post by lind2Pinned »

HarrGato wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:17 pm Could you clarify the exact nature of the plant in question?
it’s for clearing rubble etc on site only by way of a vaccine system looks like a dust cart
SimonoHi

Post by SimonoHi »

Is the plant herbal
Or spuds and veggies?
lind2Pinned

Post by lind2Pinned »

SimonoHi wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:18 pm Is the plant herbal
Or spuds and veggies?
sorry lol
ghuHeaven

Post by ghuHeaven »

If it looks like a truck, it goes like a truck and smells like a truck, then it's a truck in my eyes and if anything goes wrong with that truck and driver, the TC will also say, it's a truck so what training has the driver had, Mr Operator.
Stop trying to save money and cut corners, give all the drivers relevant DCPC training to suit their role 🤷
olyserd44

Post by olyserd44 »

ghuHeaven wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:19 pm If it looks like a truck, it goes like a truck and smells like a truck, then it's a truck in my eyes and if anything goes wrong with that truck and driver, the TC will also say, it's a truck so what training has the driver had, Mr Operator.
Stop trying to save money and cut corners, give all the drivers relevant DCPC training to suit their role 🤷
remind me not to take your advice, you are a TM, you have a TM qualification, you have experience as TM, you look like a TM, you talk like a TM this doesn't mean you know the legislation 🤷
ghuHeaven

Post by ghuHeaven »

olyserd44 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:19 pm
ghuHeaven wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:19 pm If it looks like a truck, it goes like a truck and smells like a truck, then it's a truck in my eyes and if anything goes wrong with that truck and driver, the TC will also say, it's a truck so what training has the driver had, Mr Operator.
remind me not to take your advice, you are a TM, you have a TM qualification, you have experience as TM, you look like a TM, you talk like a TM this doesn't mean you know the legislation 🤷
But I have a lot of experience in PI's which is where you learn the most about what a TC expects so I know what they would say on this matter.
As it says in the HASAWA and the PUWER regulations, individuals must be trained to use the equipment.
I say it like it is 🤷 many don't like my straight talking approach but I don't bull 💩
My clients know where they stand with me from day one and they know I will get them back on track with my knowledge and experience.
This is why I'm always busy and make a bloody good living from my TM work without having to subsidies with other types of work or training 👍
AlesPinch

Post by AlesPinch »

if it is plant only ever driven on private land, or it is plant not used for hire and reward, then no. i.e a non CPC certified builder is allowed to jump in a cement mixer already at a building site to use.. that is allowed
AnthoChee

Post by AnthoChee »

it is expected that employers support drivers with Continued Professional Development.
lind2Pinned

Post by lind2Pinned »

AnthoChee wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:21 pm it is expected that employers support drivers with Continued Professional Development.
thank you
geoffee28

Post by geoffee28 »

Our roadbrush drivers, hotboxes etc all have class 2 drivers holding dcpc's. If they're earning a wage then they should have one. Also helps if you need them to jump in a truck and cover
jodieBrody

Post by jodieBrody »

To answer your question - No. Doesn’t fall into any DCPC Regulations. You may want to do some training that fits within the framework of the job that the driver and crew may do but by law they do not need anything and you will be paying and giving them time to complete the CPC for a qualification they don’t need.
lind2Pinned

Post by lind2Pinned »

jodieBrody wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:22 pm To answer your question - No. Doesn’t fall into any DCPC Regulations. You may want to do some training that fits within the framework of the job that the driver and crew may do but by law they do not need anything and you will be paying and giving them time to complete the CPC for a qualification they don’t need.
all drivers are having training before they use it
jodieBrody

Post by jodieBrody »

lind2Pinned wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:23 pm
jodieBrody wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:22 pm To answer your question - No. Doesn’t fall into any DCPC Regulations. You may want to do some training that fits within the framework of the job that the driver and crew may do but by law they do not need anything and you will be paying and giving them time to complete the CPC for a qualification they don’t need.
all drivers are having training before they use it
that is more than sensible. But you asked about DCPC and they don’t require it, same as scaffolders etc.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”