When agreeing to go on a licence with let’s say 8 vehicles and your going to be 1 of 2 TM’s nominated on licence,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
alanKurisu

When agreeing to go on a licence with let’s say 8 vehicles and your going to be 1 of 2 TM’s nominated on licence,

Post by alanKurisu »

When agreeing to go on a licence with let’s say 8 vehicles and your going to be 1 of 2 TM’s nominated on licence, how do you price please?
AlesPinch

Re: When agreeing to go on a licence with let’s say 8 vehicles and your going to be 1 of 2 TM’s nominated on licence,

Post by AlesPinch »

As if your the only one on there normal price if external manager..in full time internal the agree a good wage.
jodieBrody

Re: When agreeing to go on a licence with let’s say 8 vehicles and your going to be 1 of 2 TM’s nominated on licence,

Post by jodieBrody »

If it’s the same operator I quoted the same rate as I usually would and it’s safe to say I never got a call back and clearly he wanted to pay half of what it would have been worth. 2 TM for 8 vehicles was what got me confused. 😇
alanKurisu

Post by alanKurisu »

jodieBrody wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:31 pm If it’s the same operator I quoted the same rate as I usually would and it’s safe to say I never got a call back and clearly he wanted to pay half of what it would have been worth. 2 TM for 8 vehicles was what got me confused. 😇
it won’t be the same company you quoted for pal, I’ve just always been used to being nominated on my own so charge my set rates
jodieBrody

Post by jodieBrody »

alanKurisu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:32 pm
jodieBrody wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:31 pm If it’s the same operator I quoted the same rate as I usually would and it’s safe to say I never got a call back and clearly he wanted to pay half of what it would have been worth. 2 TM for 8 vehicles was what got me confused. 😇
it won’t be the same company you quoted for pal, I’ve just always been used to being nominated on my own so charge my set rates
stick with it pal. Same responsibility in the TC eyes.
geoffee28

Post by geoffee28 »

Is the operator themselves the other TM? If they driver as well as do the operation they have been asked to have an additional TM. Price wise it’s normal rates.
alanKurisu

Post by alanKurisu »

geoffee28 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:33 pm Is the operator themselves the other TM? If they driver as well as do the operation they have been asked to have an additional TM. Price wise it’s normal rates.
I think he now has other duties and may be removed yet unsure until I find full facts at a meeting next week
TayBuzz

Post by TayBuzz »

Kinda strange they want more than one TM a unless the other guy has hit 50 vehicles
alanKurisu

Post by alanKurisu »

TayBuzz wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:34 pm Kinda strange they want more than one TM a unless the other guy has hit 50 vehicles
I think the other tm now has other duties, he may be removed totally yet unsure until I meet them next week, just wanted to know beforehand thanks
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

Same as if it was only you, just think, is the other T.M going to pay the other half of your mortgage..
emmHorray

Post by emmHorray »

I would say think very, very hard before sharing a new one TM role on a licence.
If your counterpart has a management oversight and/or messes up, you are equally liable, even if you haven’t authorized a decision or manage a separate operating centre.
What happens if you have a difference of opinion? Who’s right/wrong? Who resigns?
Unless you know your counterpart extremely well, have worked together before & manage to the same standard then it may be prudent to quietly ask yourself, “what value do I place on my good repute, professional competence, or even perhaps my liberty if it comes down to it?”
When you dig deep & consider the risk/responsibility/reward elements of a decision such as this one, there’s only answer in my mind & price wouldn’t even come into it.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”