Does MOT counts as 6 weeks safety inspection?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
HOcinar

Does MOT counts as 6 weeks safety inspection?

Post by HOcinar »

Hi everyone. Slightly odd question, but I rather be safe than sorry. Does MOT counts as 6 weeks safety inspection?
HOcinar

Re: Does MOT counts as 6 weeks safety inspection?

Post by HOcinar »

I’d like to think it would get an inspection before going for test, remember that a test is the minimum standard

No you will need a separate inspection then the MOT

Your mot preparation can be incorporated into your inspection

I’d say no and the reason is for the software I use for planning, would for example if you done the inspection for the mot on a Friday ready for test the following week. The planner would plan its next inspection from the week the inspection was done not the mot test date.

Nope

No and don’t try and skip it, it is in the undertaking of the license being awarded. The agreed provider can end contract with you too.

You should be having a thorough PMI/pre MOT inspection and RBT before an MOT. Some may argue you don't need a RBT as the MOT includes a RBT, that's true but how do you know it will pass the RBT on the MOT ? Throwing a O Licenced commercial vehicle in for MOT without a pre-inspection and RBT is commercial suicide!

No

As mentioned above over and over, it is a NO. The MOT is just a test to pass the vehicle at the time it was presented, and it is not signed off to indicate it is safe to operate until the next scheduled PMI.

As above - failed MOT will effect your OCR score.

Your 13th inspection each year can be an inspection.

Make sure you have a record of the mot prep/inspection then adjust future ones to your schedule just the mot alone will not do

Surly you’ve inspected it for mot ?

the mot inspection would be a thorough examination and replacement of components

Not fully wore out but as a sign to the mot how high your standard are.

No, that is the answer from DVLA

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”