To be PSV transport manager, can we do self- study? Is that achievable like that? Where to get the material from?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Le06apr21

To be PSV transport manager, can we do self- study? Is that achievable like that? Where to get the material from?

Post by Le06apr21 »

Hi All,
To be PSV transport manager, can we do self- study? Is that achievable like that?
Where to get the material from?
Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!!
If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]
Le06apr21

Re: To be PSV transport manager, can we do self- study? Is that achievable like that? Where to get the material from?

Post by Le06apr21 »

I did my HGV transport manager through self study. I really struggled as had no one to ask questions. I purchased the material from my local training company.

what do you recommend, and how long did it take you?

If you are willing to put the effort in on your own (and it is a lot of effort) then do it yourself. I basically just read through the entire material 3 times and then timed myself on the example exam questions. I studied for about 2 months before I went for my exam.

that’s really helpful. Thanks.

Abil, do all of the exercises at the end of each module too SEVERAL TIMES.
This will help you to develop some exam techniques needed especially for the R2

you could do blended learning. When I started studying I got a Pack from friendberry.co.uk.
As well as having a comprehensive manual they also had video and audio material which I also bought. I read through the material and also decided to do a 10 day course at a training centre with the exams at the end. This was beneficial in the sense that it allowed clarification on some points and pointers on how to answer exam questions plus practicing and reviewing the answers and also refreshing what I’d read rather than starting cold. It’s a slightly higher cost but I looked at it as an Investment in my time and learning. I passed first time. Other companies will do online supported learning. I got the pack in November but didn’t start reading until January, did the course at the end of February and exam first week in March.

thanks for sharing, very encouraging

I used friendberry when I done goods CPC and found it to be good study material and well presented.

absolutely. It’s quite comprehensive and support offered too.

I did the same with friendberry for both hgv and psv. Studied at home intensely for 2 weeks and passed both first time 2018 and 2019.

you mean bought the material from friendberry and studied yourself? Didn’t need any external help??

that’s right yes. I had industry experience though.

I did a training course for the HGV CPC and bought the training manual for the PCV CPC. Much of the HGV training carrier over, but there are obviously some differences with routes, timetables etc and even the form names.

https://www.enterprisetransporttraining ... Aen5Z0PhUg

I can recomment Enterprise. The exam fees alone come to about £400 so the extra £300 for the huge on line resources and daily on line courses are huge value. It is great to be able to ask questions about the challenging bits.

NTP Services do online course with plenty of support

I need psv TM if any available to run 3 minibuses in wakefield area
If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”