Anyone take the City & Guilds exam today how did you find it?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Le06apr21

Post by Le06apr21 »

If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]
Le06apr21

Re: Anyone take the City & Guilds exam today how did you find it?

Post by Le06apr21 »

What is the difference between the ‘City and Guilds’ and ‘OCR’ exam? Is it the same format?

City and guilds is better. You can’t take anything into the exam but the questions are laid out in a format that’s not built to trick you. Ocr are snakey bastards that try and confuse you with riddles just my opinion

Glad they are no longer teaching the qualification. City and guilds are doing it correctly. Not over complicated questions but you need the knowledge of driving hours,Operator licensing,Finance to pass

Yeah sounds good👍

City and Guilds case study when I did it 2 years ago is 3 shorter case studies and it's not open book

Yes mate, not to sure what to make of it. You?

it was definitely more a case of doing rather than learning, and if you haven’t done it you’d struggle

Feel quietly confident think I clocked up the scheduling though

yep same here, did me in that one! Gutted there was hardly any financials on i

Yer did you work back or just go from when he disembarked assuming he break was on when on ferry?
Best of luck to you mate

I worked back, it said take a break as late as legally possible so just assumed that wouldnt be on the ferry a couple of hours after the start of shift. You too 👍🏻

when are the next City and guilds exams?

City and Guilds i consider it’s just my opinion, is the type of exam that puts the student in a position to rely on the knowledge that came from do the doing instead of read about the doing. OCR is having more to answer but being open book is having probably a more in depth subjects because of open book this doesn’t mean that City and Guilds it’s not in depth or complex, both are focused on the same subjects but i do consider that City and Guilds it’s more suitable.

What was the schedule about?

Is it just FTA that offer the city and guilds qual or does anybody else?

I didn’t do the City & Guilds,
I did The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Exam,
both in Haulage & Passenger out of my own time & money & got 92%🤠🏆💪👊

fair play lad !! You moving into office 😳

No, happy where I am for the moment out & about doing the usual shenanigans,🤠👍
If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”