I had monday-friday am off last week. Did essentially a day and a half before taking a full 24 hours off

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
stah

I had monday-friday am off last week. Did essentially a day and a half before taking a full 24 hours off

Post by stah »

Im absolutely gutted to be asking this as i thought I was all over the rules. Lady from DVSA agrees with me, tachomaster guy disagrees.
I had monday-friday am off last week. Did essentially a day and a half before taking a full 24 hours off (to reset the 6 consecutive shifts) so that i could work sunday - friday this week.
Im sort of stuck really as to if I take tomorrow off to avoid an infringement or if im ok. The nice DVSA lady seems to think the same as me that taking the 24 hours satifies the rules. I had a full weekly rest the weeks before.
timelessbeing

Re: I had monday-friday am off last week. Did essentially a day and a half before taking a full 24 hours off

Post by timelessbeing »

You are right. As in the 24 hour rest did reset your weekly. So would be OK to work the 6. But will need to do your payback of a full 45 + the 21 hours missed. Just not this weekend.
Have look at the company settings in tachomaster as it may not be set right for when rest days are being taken.
funtent

Re: I had monday-friday am off last week. Did essentially a day and a half before taking a full 24 hours off

Post by funtent »

You have 144 hours from the end of your last weekly rest (your start time on Sunday) before you need to start your next weekly rest.
In addition; your "Monday to Friday am off" last week satisfies the requirement for a regular weekly rest last week. You are perfectly legal to take a reduced weekly rest this week. I would respectfully suggest that the guy from Tachomaster needs to do a little more studying....
guris

Post by guris »

funtent wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:03 pm You have 144 hours from the end of your last weekly rest (your start time on Sunday) before you need to start your next weekly rest.
In addition; your "Monday to Friday am off" last week satisfies the requirement for a regular weekly rest last week. You are perfectly legal to take a reduced weekly rest this week. I would respectfully suggest that the guy from Tachomaster needs to do a little more studying....
I would say you are correct. I think the tacho guy is getting confused as he is having two reduced weekly rests in a row. However that is not the rule, just that you have at least on 45 rest every two fixed weeks, which he has.
stah

Post by stah »

guris wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:05 pm I would say you are correct. I think the tacho guy is getting confused as he is having two reduced weekly rests in a row. However that is not the rule, just that you have at least on 45 rest every two fixed weeks, which he has.
yeah i was working on this. I assume he thought i was using it for a weekly rest and i had already pretty much satisfied that rule early week.

233690998_5125012787525531_6553912135040170813_n.jpg
233690998_5125012787525531_6553912135040170813_n.jpg (61.28 KiB) Viewed 30 times
stah

Post by stah »

funtent wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:03 pm You have 144 hours from the end of your last weekly rest (your start time on Sunday) before you need to start your next weekly rest.
he did kind he did kind of make me feel a little stupid. Tbf. But I am new to this too.of make me feel a little stupid. Tbf. But I am new to this too.
funtent

Post by funtent »

one of their guys once told me that "you don't need to swap the cards over when you're double manning, although some drivers like to......"
I train my TM students to use a checklist when compiling schedules.
Eg. "Have you exceeded 4 1/2 hrs driving at any stage?"
"Have you exceeded 60 hours work in any fixed week?"
In the case above; the questions that you need to ask yourself are....
"Have I exceeded 144 hours between weekly rests?" (No, you haven't)
"Have I had a regular weekly rest at least every other week?" (Yes, you had one last week)
"Have I had another weekly rest (regular or reduced) in the week that you didn't have the regular weekly rest? (Yes, you intend to take that at the end of the week)
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

Id like to throw a possible spanner in the works here.
We talk about reduced weekly rest and payback before end of the 3rd week proceeding the reduction
Looking at the following do you believe this is legal or illegal
Each working week you work legal hours and have normal daily rest periods only (as per eu drivers hours regs) so 13hr day 11 hours rest no reductions or extensions
Week 1 rest 45hrs
Week 2 rest 24hrs
Week 3 rest 45hrs
Week 4 rest 24hrs
Week 5 rest 45hrs
Week 6 rest 24hrs
Week 7 rest 45hrs
Then at end of following week I have a holiday for a week and now all my rest is legal (any reductions have been paid back)
This is purely a question out of curiosity and not insinuating i do this or that I don't know my drivers hours regulations.
stah

Post by stah »

HaioPaio wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:10 pm Id like to throw a possible spanner in the works here.
We talk about reduced weekly rest and payback before end of the 3rd week proceeding the reduction
Looking at the following do you believe this is legal or illegal
Each working week you work legal hours and have normal daily rest periods only (as per eu drivers hours regs) so 13hr day 11 hours rest no reductions or extensions
Week 1 rest 45hrs
Week 2 rest 24hrs
Week 3 rest 45hrs
Week 4 rest 24hrs
Week 5 rest 45hrs
Week 6 rest 24hrs
Week 7 rest 45hrs
Then at end of following week I have a holiday for a week and now all my rest is legal (any reductions have been paid back)
This is purely a question out of curiosity and not insinuating i do this or that I don't know my drivers hours regulations.
you haven’t made up any hours by the 3rd week at all.
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

stah wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:10 pm you haven’t made up any hours by the 3rd week at all.
so I guess you are saying it's illegal. Which is fair enough there is more to add to this scenario but above is the basic and will wait if you don't mind until a few others pass judgement 😁 I believe I will be stoned for this though 😁😁
stah

Post by stah »

HaioPaio wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:11 pm so I guess you are saying it's illegal. Which is fair enough there is more to add to this scenario but above is the basic and will wait if you don't mind until a few others pass judgement 😁 I believe I will be stoned for this though 😁😁
no. But based on the only information supplied yes. You can make it up on reduced daily rests cant you. So 30 hours off midweek would clear it.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”