Can passing your transport managers exam count as hours toward your CPC ? I’m being told conflicting answers ?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jakeula

Can passing your transport managers exam count as hours toward your CPC ? I’m being told conflicting answers ?

Post by Jakeula »

Kyavion

Re: Can passing your transport managers exam count as hours toward your CPC ? I’m being told conflicting answers ?

Post by Kyavion »

Not unless the course was also approved via Jaupt for Driver CPC, no.
neylim

Re: Can passing your transport managers exam count as hours toward your CPC ? I’m being told conflicting answers ?

Post by neylim »

Kyavion wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:19 pm Not unless the course was also approved via Jaupt for Driver CPC, no.
Has to be approved by JAUPT. Most aren't, the explanation I was given is that it's too restrictive, they need to cover exact materials at exact times meaning they can't have any flexibility in changing times etc to suit the student needs. So if a class was struggling with one area but comfortable with another then tough.
neylim

Post by neylim »

You can get driver CPC hours for attending a training course but you have to ask them to upload your hours onto the card at the time. Be aware that not all trainers can do this so best to ask in advance. You don't get any hours for just passing the exam. Some top up training can also count towards driver CPC hours too. 😊
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

Some TM courses do count towards driver's CPC some don't, that varies from provider to provider. Definitely passing the exam alone doesn't count.
warmweer

Post by warmweer »

The course can buy not the exams , if they have got accreditation from jaupt
radeco

Post by radeco »

Training provider must be JAUPT approved, hours must be uploaded and you need to pay the upload fee.
funtent

Post by funtent »

radeco wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:24 pm Training provider must be JAUPT approved, hours must be uploaded and you need to pay the upload fee.
And they have to have had each particular module Jaupt approved. In my experience, it is very restrictive and not easy to implement.
Booves

Post by Booves »

As I recall, it gave me an extra 2 years on my driver CPC. Same outfit that did my driver CPC. Don't quote me, 4 years
lao

Post by lao »

Did mine with the RHA , only had to sign a form and Bingo. All done. So yes you can.
mradamski80

Post by mradamski80 »

It depends on the provider and if they are registered with JAUPT as a centre, and if the course is also registered with them.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

If it was ‘approved by JAUPT’ and you had been told prior - quite possible.
If you need to ask, probably not.
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Yes & no
Will depend on if they accredited the course or not.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”