I have a restricted Ops Licence. We have a job coming up in Europe in few months. I would ideally like to take the truck

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
stah

I have a restricted Ops Licence. We have a job coming up in Europe in few months. I would ideally like to take the truck

Post by stah »

Hello All.
I have a couple of questions if you would be so kind.
1. I have a restricted Ops Licence. We have a job coming up in Europe in few months. I would ideally like to take the truck. I have looked quickly online and cannot seem to find anything to say I can or that I cant. Ill happily look later but does anyone know? Its an exhibition. So our own goods and nothing being sold on.
2. Regarding tachographs ish… our jobs are often really whacky times and planning ahead for driving time can be a right brain twister. Are there any driving time planning apps available? If not i can make a spreadsheet work but it would be useful to drag and drop things around which obviously you cannot do in a spreadsheet.
TIA and for all the previous responses.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: I have a restricted Ops Licence. We have a job coming up in Europe in few months. I would ideally like to take the t

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

1- in effect your truck is carrying your toolbox so I believe you are okay to ‘move your tools’.
2- not aware - maybe someone else can assist.
stah

Re: I have a restricted Ops Licence. We have a job coming up in Europe in few months. I would ideally like to take the t

Post by stah »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 am 1- in effect your truck is carrying your toolbox so I believe you are okay to ‘move your tools’.
yeah tools and the parts/wood to make a stand. Thanks for the response. I did remember reading i could before i applied for the licence. But typically when i went to look i couldn’t see anything.
Katrolts

Post by Katrolts »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 am 1- in effect your truck is carrying your toolbox so I believe you are okay to ‘move your tools’.
am wi you on this. 5 years on class 2 multi drop, was invaluable experience. Even my class 1 instructor said "its gonna be about reversing for you" passed 11 years ago wi 2 minors, 1 was for the reverse
spelder

Post by spelder »

1. On a restricted you can carry your own goods into Europe but make sure you have the correct insurance.
2. Use Google maps it will give you a rough idea on how long it will take to get there.
SkyChan

Post by SkyChan »

I’d ask someone to watch me sometime’s when I was unsure, and just say just passed my test! No shame asking a fellow driver!
stah

Post by stah »

SkyChan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 am I’d ask someone to watch me sometime’s when I was unsure, and just say just passed my test! No shame asking a fellow driver!
thanks. Re point 2. Thats not for this job. I mean it would be useful as we dont do haulage we do sound/production jobs to work out what someone can do in advance so i can book additional crew in advance to allow for day/weekly breaks.
mradamski80

Post by mradamski80 »

SkyChan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 am I’d ask someone to watch me sometime’s when I was unsure, and just say just passed my test! No shame asking a fellow driver!
yes, you can take your vehicle to Europe, but make sure you have the UK Permit for the Commumity, or what used to be called a Community Permit. You also need the various attestations, insurance , vehicle and driver documents. Don’t forget the Carnets too.
hsu80

Post by hsu80 »

U can take ur own products on a restricted o licence
Beigevenus

Post by Beigevenus »

Don’t forget your own goods need to be on a carnet. I’d declare the values at 1/4 or 1/8th retail. Keeps the cost of the carnet insurance or the bond down.
crojo

Post by crojo »

Yes as you are not transporting for hire or reward, you can transport your own goods abroad.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”