there is a shortage of HGV drivers. Rigid drivers, cease talking . Big boys will take care of this so you can fill up

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
WeaverShin

there is a shortage of HGV drivers. Rigid drivers, cease talking . Big boys will take care of this so you can fill up

Post by WeaverShin »

Yes, there is a shortage of HGV drivers.
Rigid drivers, cease talking .
Big boys will take care of this so you can fill up your vans and do home deliveries.
Niharego

Re: there is a shortage of HGV drivers. Rigid drivers, cease talking . Big boys will take care of this so you can fill u

Post by Niharego »

What is your problem I'm a class 1 driver today I'm in Class one tomorrow I'm in class 2 both days moving wide loads we all do the same fucking job just in different size vehicles plus some of these so called van drivers can get into places a 'big boy' can't so we need each other get off your high horse and your pathetic
Soneh

Re: there is a shortage of HGV drivers. Rigid drivers, cease talking . Big boys will take care of this so you can fill u

Post by Soneh »

Jesus's we are all professional drivers as we do it for a living. Trust me driving a class 1 is so much easier than driving a rigid. For all us class 1 drivers I say try and drive a 8 wheel 32 ton concrete mixer i did for 2 years now that is a experience. My point is we all do the same job respect all professional drivers
Purplent

Post by Purplent »

Soneh wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:41 am Jesus's we are all professional drivers as we do it for a living. Trust me driving a class 1 is so much easier than driving a rigid. For all us class 1 drivers I say try and drive a 8 wheel 32 ton concrete mixer i did for 2 years now that is a experience. My point is we all do the same job respect all professional drivers
far bigger turning circle in a rigid and more weight per ton per wheel than a little unit and trailer, plus less braking force per ton per wheel on a rigid.
Stevell

Post by Stevell »

Sick and fed up of Artic drivers saying how good you are,try reversing a 32 ton rigid pulling a A frame drag, that will completely fuck you up and even better try hooking it to the VBG on the front and nose the drag on a bay.Everyone starts somewhere
Metalia

Post by Metalia »

Both are lorry’s mate. C pay more in some cases and definitely my experience better places, shorter hours and nicer people
WeaverShin

Post by WeaverShin »

Don t worry rigid drivers, or Class 2, or C, ill wave and smile if we meet on the road.
Elanetso

Post by Elanetso »

WeaverShin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:22 pm Don t worry rigid drivers, or Class 2, or C, ill wave and smile if we meet on the road.
just wave away, knowing I get home every night, work less hours and get paid a hell of a lot more than you do.
Cyay

Post by Cyay »

WeaverShin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:22 pm Don t worry rigid drivers, or Class 2, or C, ill wave and smile if we meet on the road.
class 1 drivers get paid £1.00 more an hour than class 2 at our place
Elanetso

Post by Elanetso »

I am a class 1 driver. Driving a class 2 as its more money, home every night and weekends optional.
Padderid

Post by Padderid »

Done my years in a Class 1 lad now it's time for family hours in a little baby rigid
Mercyrx

Post by Mercyrx »

Moved from class 1 to 2 a few months ago, no sitti g in queues for hours on end, meet nicer people, easier to park and better money.
Ralinegy

Post by Ralinegy »

Funny how most the motors that end up carrying bridges or trying to bunny hop stationary traffic on the motorway tend to be artics eh……that’s yer stamp in reality.
Perfusi

Post by Perfusi »

I do home deliveries in an artic…do I need to cease talking or can I crack on?
Bauerci

Post by Bauerci »

Well if you class one boys got sorted and out if the RDC you are stuck in.
Maybe we wouldn't have to carry you.
Corpoist

Post by Corpoist »

If you're taking care of it then why is there still a shortage? Are you all incompetent?
Barburg

Post by Barburg »

Just passed your class one on your 4th attempt then
I'm class 1 but it's just an ass-ache. I'd go back to class 2 tomorrow if I could.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”