Hi all, 4 weeks away for theory tests. Question is this enough time to study and pass the tests?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Beazer

Hi all, 4 weeks away for theory tests. Question is this enough time to study and pass the tests?

Post by Beazer »

Hi all, so I have the HGV provisional on my licence now and test dates are 4 weeks away for theory tests.
Question is this enough time to study and pass the tests?
soarlipt

Re: Hi all, 4 weeks away for theory tests. Question is this enough time to study and pass the tests?

Post by soarlipt »

Study every day, i did, and passed 1st time..you will be rewarded for the effort you put in.
Beazer

Re: Hi all, 4 weeks away for theory tests. Question is this enough time to study and pass the tests?

Post by Beazer »

soarlipt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:13 am Study every day, i did, and passed 1st time..you will be rewarded for the effort you put in.
so if I study say an hour a day for 4 weeks I should be ok??
soarlipt

Post by soarlipt »

Beazer wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:13 am
soarlipt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:13 am Study every day, i did, and passed 1st time..you will be rewarded for the effort you put in.
so if I study say an hour a day for 4 weeks I should be ok??
i couldn't say, but i done at least 3-4 hours doing mock tests and practising all the categories, by the end i was about 84-85%, on the day of test, i took my time, answered the questions i knew, flagged the ones i didn't, then went back and done the ones i flagged up, then rechecked every answer before moving onto the hazard part, i scored 91%, which was my best ever, the hazard part,i got a lot of points, but 1 clip they said i clicked too many times, so scored zero for it..i thought i'd failed..but luckily i passed. Good luck.
Chrield

Post by Chrield »

I'm at same stage mate and yes u can do it.
quinee

Post by quinee »

Yes. There's an app you can download on your phone for mock test I did at least one mock a day and I passed first time
Beazer

Post by Beazer »

So advise would be to book all 3 tests and 4 weeks is enough study time?
nobley

Post by nobley »

All people are different so can’t really give you an answer. What took me about 1/2 weeks training and passed first time might take someone 6 months and 3/4 tests later. It’s all done to the individual and how they retain information. Start practicing and see how you get on if you need to put in more hours a day or not. Good luck 👍🏼
caperb

Post by caperb »

I learnt it all in a month and passed them all first time I used the DTS app. But bare in mind Beazer it’s a hell of a lot to take in you will have to put the hours in to learn it all.
Beazer

Post by Beazer »

caperb wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:24 am I learnt it all in a month and passed them all first time I used the DTS app. But bare in mind Beazer it’s a hell of a lot to take in you will have to put the hours in to learn it all.
that’s what I was looking at 👍

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”