When a nearly 90 degree reverse is the only way to go so that the road is clear for other vehicles! Happy Monday

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
DarbyUp

When a nearly 90 degree reverse is the only way to go so that the road is clear for other vehicles! Happy Monday

Post by DarbyUp »

When a nearly 90 degree reverse is the only way to go so that the road is clear for other vehicles! Happy Monday everyone!
Ps - any guesses for the company I’m collecting from?
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (388.25 KiB) Viewed 88 times
DarbyUp

Re: When a nearly 90 degree reverse is the only way to go so that the road is clear for other vehicles! Happy Monday

Post by DarbyUp »

Dannyox wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:28 pm Superdrug Watford ??
you’ve guessed who I’m working for… But not where I’m collecting from. Clue - I was near between Sudbury and Saffron Walden
Dannyox

Re: When a nearly 90 degree reverse is the only way to go so that the road is clear for other vehicles! Happy Monday

Post by Dannyox »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:28 pm
you’ve guessed who I’m working for… But not where I’m collecting from. Clue - I was near between Sudbury and Saffron Walden
wisdon Haverhill
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Dannyox wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:29 pm
wisdon Haverhill
we have a winner!
Dannyox

Post by Dannyox »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:29 pm

wisdon Haverhill
we have a winner!
where are u based. Dunstable ??
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

wisdon Haverhill
we have a winner!
sure am
Apollosy

Post by Apollosy »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:30 pm

we have a winner!
sure am
I've just left superdrug last week not enough shifts
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Apollosy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:32 pm

sure am
were you working the weekends? They won’t be back for a few months I’ve heard. I’m Mon-Fri.
Apollosy

Post by Apollosy »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:32 pm

sure am
were you working the weekends? They won’t be back for a few months I’ve heard. I’m Mon-Fri.
yeah latest shift
Gabnner

Post by Gabnner »

sure am
i left too same as. Not enough shifts. Broken promises
Dannyox

Post by Dannyox »

Gabnner wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:34 pm

i left too same as. Not enough shifts. Broken promises
was Sunday to Thursday when I worked there.
Apollosy

Post by Apollosy »

sure am
I've gone to dominos in mk
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Apollosy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:35 pm

good place there, heard some positive things from drivers working for them
Apollosy

Post by Apollosy »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:35 pm

moneys good plus only 4 nights
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

I’m glad you’ve found something you like with good terms and conditions, that’s very important to us as drivers. Ok commute to work too?
Apollosy

Post by Apollosy »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:36 pm

I’m glad you’ve found something you like with good terms and conditions, that’s very important to us as drivers. Ok commute to work too?
yeah about the same as dunstable
BeddiRap

Post by BeddiRap »

Nice reverse got to be one of the northern Manchester towns Oldham?
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

BeddiRap wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:48 pm Nice reverse got to be one of the northern Manchester towns Oldham?
not quite… many thanks though!
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Philleye wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:49 pm Check those Suzie's 👍
done and done!
Tasharm

Post by Tasharm »

Don't suppose trucks was so big when the factory was originally built
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Tasharm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:58 pm Don't suppose trucks was so big when the factory was originally built
that’s exactly that buddy. Used to be class 2’s only here, now it’s class 1 all day long! That’s one of the reasons they are looking to move.
Tasharm

Post by Tasharm »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:58 pm
Tasharm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:58 pm Don't suppose trucks was so big when the factory was originally built
that’s exactly that buddy. Used to be class 2’s only here, now it’s class 1 all day long! That’s one of the reasons they are looking to move.
I'll stick with class 2 coz the the thought of how to get that on the bay gives me a head ache
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Tasharm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:58 pm
DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:58 pm
I'll stick with class 2 coz the the thought of how to get that on the bay gives me a head ache
a few goes at it and you’d ace it I’m sure. Practice makes perfect
Sammyer

Post by Sammyer »

That why I didn't want to choose hold C+E and took just C 😁
Alexango

Post by Alexango »

When I was out with my Mentor just after passing we did the same but not on a bay, but leaving room for fit to off load rear doors, to this day am amazed at all the different angles you can have unit and trailer. like turning turtle etc.
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Alexango wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:07 pm When I was out with my Mentor just after passing we did the same but not on a bay, but leaving room for fit to off load rear doors, to this day am amazed at all the different angles you can have unit and trailer. like turning turtle etc.
absolutely. So many possibilities with a trailer behind you.
Sayaher41

Post by Sayaher41 »

Alexango wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:07 pm When I was out with my Mentor just after passing we did the same but not on a bay, but leaving room for fit to off load rear doors, to this day am amazed at all the different angles you can have unit and trailer. like turning turtle etc.
I love a turning turtle 🐢 🤪
Petewinz

Post by Petewinz »

Good skills and good choice in headset 😂 what do you fly?
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Petewinz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:09 pm Good skills and good choice in headset 😂 what do you fly?
lightspeed Zulu 3 headset, absolutely love it. The active noise reduction is other worldly. Flying anything from PA28’s to DA42’s whilst the industry isn’t really hiring… oh and driving trucks as well!
Petewinz

Post by Petewinz »

DarbyUp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:10 pm
Petewinz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:09 pm Good skills and good choice in headset 😂 what do you fly?
lightspeed Zulu 3 headset, absolutely love it. The active noise reduction is other worldly. Flying anything from PA28’s to DA42’s whilst the industry isn’t really hiring… oh and driving trucks as well!
they're a great headset and the metal design feels so much more "premium" than the Bose A20's 😂 are you all sorted with CPL/ATPL then, just waiting for jobs to become available?
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Petewinz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:10 pm
they're a great headset and the metal design feels so much more "premium" than the Bose A20's 😂 are you all sorted with CPL/ATPL then, just waiting for jobs to become available?
sure am, FAA and CAA rated, finished up 3 weeks before covid… it’s been a long 2 years! How about yourself?
Yeah I tried the A20’s but just felt the lightspeeds were more comfortable and robust, the Kevlar coating on the cable is really good too
Petewinz

Post by Petewinz »

sure am, FAA and CAA rated, finished up 3 weeks before covid… it’s been a long 2 years! How about yourself?
Yeah I tried the A20’s but just felt the lightspeeds were more comfortable and robust, the Kevlar coating on the cable is really good too
did you do hour building in the states to get your FAA rating? I bet it has been a long 2 years; all that training and then seeing all the pilots laid off/furloughed wouldn't have helped! I started PPL before covid but then kept getting delayed because of the lockdowns. The goal was ATPL but with BALPA saying don't bother if you haven't started yet, and charities helping people like FlyBe pilots discouraging it, I thought I'd leave it for a bit.
That's exactly why I went for the zulu 3's! My instructor let me use his headset during solo local flights and the A20's were nice, but when I felt the zulu's I instantly preferred them before even trying them on 😂
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Petewinz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:11 pm

did you do hour building in the states to get your FAA rating? I bet it has been a long 2 years; all that training and then seeing all the pilots laid off/furloughed wouldn't have helped! I started PPL before covid but then kept getting delayed because of the lockdowns. The goal was ATPL but with BALPA saying don't bother if you haven't started yet, and charities helping people like FlyBe pilots discouraging it, I thought I'd leave it for a bit.
That's exactly why I went for the zulu 3's! My instructor let me use his headset during solo local flights and the A20's were nice, but when I felt the zulu's I instantly preferred them before even trying them on 😂
I did indeed back in 2010 as a FAA CPL can only be started when you have 220 hours as it’s issued with 250 hours total. Did a 2.8 hour IR conversion and a 15 hour CPL conversion back here after the ATPL’s at CATS, where I became a TKI for those subjects too.
It has been a long 2 years but we are starting to see the recovery now. Most furloughed pilots have been brought back by the airlines and some are starting to hire. I had an interview at an airline today so goes to show that it’s starting to come back!!! If you are halfway thru PPL and doing it on the modular route, now would be fine to keep going as realistically a fATPL will take you another year if you do it full time, and next year should be a good one ☝️ PM me and I’m more than happy to help
Boronne96

Post by Boronne96 »

Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (454.93 KiB) Viewed 20 times
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Boronne96 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:14 pm.
done like a pro! ✅
PetruXp

Post by PetruXp »

Boronne96 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:14 pm.
poundland luton:)
Hugheron

Post by Hugheron »

This is what's worrying me about getting my license 😁
Barcsavo

Post by Barcsavo »

Gets the job done, but does no-one take the suzies off to release the pressure on them while sitting at that angle, or better still take them off from the start of the manoeuvre and just use the shunt button anymore 🤔 lol
DarbyUp

Post by DarbyUp »

Barcsavo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:19 pm Gets the job done, but does no-one take the suzies off to release the pressure on them while sitting at that angle, or better still take them off from the start of the manoeuvre and just use the shunt button anymore 🤔 lol
I carry spares for all just incase and needed to re level the trailer halfway through the collection due to mouthwash weighing as much as an elephant 🐘
Moczumo

Post by Moczumo »

Piece of cake, try dhl nisa harlow and 11deliveries on London with cages that you unload and you go to 7.5 tonne (except for loading) residential estates with two axle urban trailer and it might be easier trailer but for sure the delivery places are extremely tide like her...😛? And his car mirrors are fragile🤠

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”