Afternoon all. Long story short I need to complete my module 4 and presumably a separate 35 hours for my hgv cpc.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
MattFour

Afternoon all. Long story short I need to complete my module 4 and presumably a separate 35 hours for my hgv cpc.

Post by MattFour »

Afternoon all.
I live in Christchurch Dorset. Currently I’m driving coaches but I hold my cat c entitlement. I’m looking to explore the possibilities of changing over to hgv. Long story short I need to complete my module 4 and presumably a separate 35 hours for my hgv cpc. Does anybody know if any Dorset/Hampshire based companies to contact.
Philleye

Re: Afternoon all. Long story short I need to complete my module 4 and presumably a separate 35 hours for my hgv cpc.

Post by Philleye »

If u have not done the HGV cpc u might need to do the 2 modules. One is in the DVLA rest centre and the other is a practical. the 35 hours is after passing the mod 2 and mod 4
Michellizi

Re: Afternoon all. Long story short I need to complete my module 4 and presumably a separate 35 hours for my hgv cpc.

Post by Michellizi »

just curious so is that the same from c1+e to coach I'd only have todo coach cpc
Philleye

Post by Philleye »

Michellizi wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:59 pm just curious so is that the same from c1+e to coach I'd only have todo coach cpc
yeah. Different cpcs
Michellizi

Post by Michellizi »

Philleye wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:00 pm
Michellizi wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:59 pm just curious so is that the same from c1+e to coach I'd only have todo coach cpc
yeah. Different cpcs
so the actual driving test is the same then .you learn something new every day
Philleye

Post by Philleye »

Michellizi wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:00 pm
yeah. Different cpcs
the test is different as well for cat d.
Michellizi

Post by Michellizi »

yeah. Different cpcs
oh so do you have to take a different test for coaches if you got c1+e
Philleye

Post by Philleye »

Michellizi wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:01 pm

yep. Class 1 is c+e, coach and bus anything over a certain number of passenger seets is cat d or cat d+e.
Daniel Parker know more about coach then me
MattFour

Post by MattFour »

Philleye wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:01 pm

yep. Class 1 is c+e, coach and bus anything over a certain number of passenger seets is cat d or cat d+e.
am i correct in thinking of you have c+e plus cat d. You then would gain d+e as the c+e supersedes it?
Philleye

Post by Philleye »

MattFour wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:02 pm
Philleye wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:01 pm

am i correct in thinking of you have c+e plus cat d. You then would gain d+e as the c+e supersedes it?
nope u still need Todo a D+E test to gain coach/bus with trailer.
Trudema

Post by Trudema »

You might have to do modules 2 and 4 unfortunately. About time they scrap CPC altogether I think.
Joshin33

Post by Joshin33 »

If you have a dqc for coach under my understanding is the same for hgv bit just give dvla a call they will give you answer

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”