Afternoon, looking at local companies that take on new hires and Stobarts has been suggested but heard mix reviews.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Hartaxis

Afternoon, looking at local companies that take on new hires and Stobarts has been suggested but heard mix reviews.

Post by Hartaxis »

What’s it’s like working there, anyone any experience of the warrington depot? Once I’ve passed looking to get my foot in the door so if there’s an opportunity I’ll take it.
Thanks
Medlamer

Re: Afternoon, looking at local companies that take on new hires and Stobarts has been suggested but heard mix reviews.

Post by Medlamer »

Go, make your own mind up. Bu time you'll have done that you're in a job, so easier to get another
Morelle88

Re: Afternoon, looking at local companies that take on new hires and Stobarts has been suggested but heard mix reviews.

Post by Morelle88 »

I was sent to be a subby for stobarts. Ok they tried to give me a trailer that was crap.. I logged the defect and they didn’t bat an eye while it got sorted.
Every single driving job I’ve had or place I’ve been, always has drivers saying how crap it is. As mark said, find out for yourself while you earn a bit of money
Hartaxis

Post by Hartaxis »

Morelle88 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:01 pm I was sent to be a subby for stobarts. Ok they tried to give me a trailer that was crap.. I logged the defect and they didn’t bat an eye while it got sorted.
Every single driving job I’ve had or place I’ve been, always has drivers saying how crap it is. As mark said, find out for yourself while you earn a bit of money
I think every industry has employees that don’t like it but turn up each day. I’m a 9-5 office worker, wfh 5 days a week on websites but I need a change
Morelle88

Post by Morelle88 »

Hartaxis wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:01 pm
Morelle88 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:01 pm I was sent to be a subby for stobarts. Ok they tried to give me a trailer that was crap.. I logged the defect and they didn’t bat an eye while it got sorted.
I think every industry has employees that don’t like it but turn up each day. I’m a 9-5 office worker, wfh 5 days a week on websites but I need a change
yeah, they’re always going to quit but never do. Then when you’re leaving they expect you go return
Dereeton

Post by Dereeton »

you're dead right pal, especially as a new pass you've gotta get you're foot in the door and while I've heard endless rubbish about stobart, I've heard first hand from someone who works there that's its a good job not too difficult good kit generally and very fair pay. Get paid while you learn mate
JoshNan

Post by JoshNan »

I work for Tesco and we use the mechanics at a stobart place, we are encouraged to find defects and it's a regular occurrence to go over there and waste time to get the overtime 😂
Kohlersi

Post by Kohlersi »

As other have said, try for yourself. A lot say keep away from shop/cage work. But I like it. So each to there own.
Maxtore

Post by Maxtore »

FLX Logistics Carrington take on new drivers
MikeA1

Post by MikeA1 »

I'm currently working for stobarts doing nights its not my favourite work but the pay is alright and the units are looked after, I passed in August last year but you gotta do things that aren't your first choice for the experience
PS you will get good at changing trailers because sometimes you can change a lot it one shift
Hartaxis

Post by Hartaxis »

MikeA1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:05 pm I'm currently working for stobarts doing nights its not my favourite work but the pay is alright and the units are looked after, I passed in August last year but you gotta do things that aren't your first choice for the experience
PS you will get good at changing trailers because sometimes you can change a lot it one shift
out of curiosity what do they pay, hourly or day rate?
MikeA1

Post by MikeA1 »

Hartaxis wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:05 pm
MikeA1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:05 pm I'm currently working for stobarts doing nights its not my favourite work but the pay is alright and the units are looked after, I passed in August last year but you gotta do things that aren't your first choice for the experience
out of curiosity what do they pay, hourly or day rate?
nights can be up to 40k year before tax, you get 15 a day food allowance tax free and I get 25 a week bonus for my location also depends on hours but I'm quite happy at the moment

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”