Good afternoon Quick question I've got 9points on my license with 3 of them to be taken off this year Will this

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Khanry77

Good afternoon Quick question I've got 9points on my license with 3 of them to be taken off this year Will this

Post by Khanry77 »

Good afternoon
Quick question
I've got 9points on my license with 3 of them to be taken off this year
Will this stop me for doing my HGV license?
McCormall

Re: Good afternoon Quick question I've got 9points on my license with 3 of them to be taken off this year Will this

Post by McCormall »

I’ve seen jobs that have said they’d accept 9pts
But would guess they are few and far between
Davelliw

Re: Good afternoon Quick question I've got 9points on my license with 3 of them to be taken off this year Will this

Post by Davelliw »

McCormall wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:58 pm I’ve seen jobs that have said they’d accept 9pts
and almost definitely only coupled with drivers with years pf experience,
I doubt any company would go anywhere near a new pass driver with anything more than 3 points, and even then they would only consider it if the points were for something as trivial as speeding!!
McCormall

Post by McCormall »

Davelliw wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:58 pm
McCormall wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:58 pm I’ve seen jobs that have said they’d accept 9pts
and almost definitely only coupled with drivers with years pf experience,
I doubt any company would go anywhere near a new pass driver with anything more than 3 points, and even then they would only consider it if the points were for something as trivial as speeding!!
they only wanted 3 months experience
I only remember it because it shocked me
3 months experience
9 pts
How desperate were they
Paueeri82

Post by Paueeri82 »

A lot of firms want 6 or less points and depending what thay are as well can impact u in getting a job
Khanry77

Post by Khanry77 »

Paueeri82 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:59 pm A lot of firms want 6 or less points and depending what thay are as well can impact u in getting a job
it was insurance on my car but the 3points coming off were speeding in a commercial vehicle
Wierzen

Post by Wierzen »

Khanry77 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:00 pm
Paueeri82 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:59 pm A lot of firms want 6 or less points and depending what thay are as well can impact u in getting a job
it was insurance on my car but the 3points coming off were speeding in a commercial vehicle
is it a IN10 on your licence?
Khanry77

Post by Khanry77 »

Wierzen wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:00 pm
Khanry77 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:00 pm
is it a IN10 on your licence?
No mate its an SP10
AAndyXp

Post by AAndyXp »

It shudnt stop u getting your hgv licence
DaveNeo

Post by DaveNeo »

Won't stop you getting the licence but it will almost definitely stop you getting any kind of driving job!!
Richarkk

Post by Richarkk »

All I can say is my boss won't accept more than 6 points
Paddyzer

Post by Paddyzer »

Hi… if you’ve not applied for your LGV provisional licence yet.. you may be asked to send a letter to your local Traffic Commissioner to justify why they should issue you one,
Jammer18

Post by Jammer18 »

Your hgv licence is suspended until your 21 years old if you get 6 points
ODonnext

Post by ODonnext »

No but it will limit who will give you a start
Flettie

Post by Flettie »

Shouldn't stop you doing your tests...May be a problem for certain employers though! Just shop around 'till you find one!
Wierzen

Post by Wierzen »

A lot of companies insist on no more than 6 points. Usually it’s down to their insurance provider.
Anguson

Post by Anguson »

Most companies want 6 or less… you may have a harder time just getting a job.
TrumanJo

Post by TrumanJo »

Does the 6 point 2 year rule apply if you have just past you HGV test? 6 points and you lose your licence and have to do it all over again, or is this just for new drivers?

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”