Hi everyone new class 2 driver. Only been in my first lorry job for a week Looking for a satnav app to download that

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Daviiday

Re: Hi everyone new class 2 driver. Only been in my first lorry job for a week Looking for a satnav app to download that

Post by Daviiday »

I use Copilot, download it onto your phone for around £8.99 a month, it's pretty good, not perfect so you need to learn how to use it, I check the route its giving me on Google maps, worth having though.
Robellst

Re: Hi everyone new class 2 driver. Only been in my first lorry job for a week Looking for a satnav app to download that

Post by Robellst »

Also some retailers yes klarna and clearpay. The new garmin range is best on the market. They have just updated their range a few months back.
Jasson18

Post by Jasson18 »

I was recommended an app called road Lords.
Marream

Post by Marream »

Try copilot ive used it for 1 year and had no serious issues 2 years ago wasnt the best but now believe is more good and updated
Chrismic5

Post by Chrismic5 »

I use Copilot truck on my phone
Garynx

Post by Garynx »

mate
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (69.05 KiB) Viewed 655 times
Chalkin

Post by Chalkin »

Got a Garmin 580.
Don't rely on them completely though.
This one time it sent me into country roads because of a diversion and it took me 1h45 instead of the 50 minutes it should have taken 🤦‍♂️
Matterix

Post by Matterix »

Been using Sygic for nearly a year now. Nothing else is needed.
Danitte

Post by Danitte »

Let me know when you found decent truck 🛻 app as I need download one as well please pal
DrDriven

Post by DrDriven »

Road lords works just as good as any sat nav. Free download to your phone. Just never trust any satnav to plan your route. Get the Phillips truckers map book and plan a route into your app/device. Don't need to spend out on expensive systems.
Morristo

Post by Morristo »

I'm using an app called road Lords on android
Warrench

Post by Warrench »

Don't recommend Sygic, takes you down some troublesome spots. Road lords is better
Daniews

Post by Daniews »

Road lords, put in height, weight and if hazardous goods etc. It’s free and found it brilliant and I’ve been driving round the country for 3 months
Markky63

Post by Markky63 »

Apkdone dot com. Can download the premium sygic truck for nowt. Also has Spotify premium on there too.. Plenty of pop ups to work round but worth it for free versions of premium apps
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (101.83 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Garvango

Post by Garvango »

You can use Tom Tom go and my drive together and you can enter the dimensions of the vehicle which is great
Vladdie

Post by Vladdie »

Garmin Dzl 700…class 1 driver, I have it by 4 months.precusly
Knighter

Post by Knighter »

EBay Co pilot truck
£9.99 goes on your phone
I been using mine for 2 years now
Georgell

Post by Georgell »

I used co pilot for my first year of driving never let me down. Apart from the odd sharp turning 🤷🏼‍♂️
Gordions

Post by Gordions »

Sygic did good for me, I will recommend it, keep using it
Haulatto

Post by Haulatto »

All right… I can see that there are different options and opinions. But, which one is the best GPS ????
Johnetto

Post by Johnetto »

If you’re looking at using apps, I used copilot, was £8.99 a month or I think £80 for the year, worked very well whenever I needed it
Kevienn

Post by Kevienn »

I'm new as well but have found you'll need a mixture of both. Sat nav and Google maps. I use Garmin truck nav and google maps. Whatever you use just make sure you use common sense
Liamco

Post by Liamco »

I use truck lords and it's excellent. There's a premium version but I've not needed it yet
Castertz

Post by Castertz »

Truck lords never done me wrong
Abznati88

Post by Abznati88 »

Garmin dezl 700 used it for about 6 months now
Bossie

Post by Bossie »

Sygic I think not working with postcode it's a only for europe
Kozamb

Post by Kozamb »

Don’t listen to some of these comments absolutely useless… Sygic truck is powered by TomTom, and yes you can use it for free (iPhone) if you have an android then download Roadlords, Other than that your in the right app probably the best one for an iPhone, If your thinking of getting a sat nav I strongly recommend you get a Garmin Dezl and connect it to your phone for live maps
Moyntec

Post by Moyntec »

Get a proper Tom Tom, had mine maybe 7 years and it’s not failed me
Davester

Post by Davester »

Completely free if charge hight and weight restrictions incuded, been theough central london with it, hasn't skipped a beat
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Daviddin

Post by Daviddin »

Sygic is what I used until me first pay check. Then on class 2 and 1 use a combo of Google map, a HGV satnav and common sense.
Class 2 ain’t to bad as it’s soon like driving a car and you can get yourself out of anything. Class 1 different story haha requires a little more preparation and forward planning I would say
Casefinz

Post by Casefinz »

Used snooper sat nav and it’s never let me down in 15 yrs
D1Dannyy

Post by D1Dannyy »

Road Lords has been the best I've used soo far. It's free and is powered by Tom Tom. Live traffic updates and can input all the info about your truck.
Jennish

Post by Jennish »

D1Dannyy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm Road Lords has been the best I've used soo far. It's free and is powered by Tom Tom. Live traffic updates and can input all the info about your truck.
second this, its ace to say its free
D1Dannyy

Post by D1Dannyy »

Jennish wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm
D1Dannyy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm Road Lords has been the best I've used soo far. It's free and is powered by Tom Tom. Live traffic updates and can input all the info about your truck.
Its worth gettin a android. Even keep your apple phone and buy a cheap tablet and use your hotspot to your tablet.
Julinate

Post by Julinate »

D1Dannyy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm
Its worth gettin a android. Even keep your apple phone and buy a cheap tablet and use your hotspot to your tablet.
Actually Roadlords uses Sygic mapping software
D1Dannyy

Post by D1Dannyy »

Julinate wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:22 pm
D1Dannyy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 pm

Actually Roadlords uses Sygic mapping software
this pal..
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 618 times
Turness

Post by Turness »

Just get one on PayPal interest free monthly. Tom tom do it.
TeTerry

Post by TeTerry »

Copilot is a good app to use
Ninanc21

Post by Ninanc21 »

If you have Android go for Roadlords had it about a year now, never let me down.
Clauderr

Post by Clauderr »

Tom Tom do a truck downloadable app
Garysm

Post by Garysm »

Wouldn’t worry to much about sat nav it’s a daf so doubt it will make it to irs destination without breaking down
GazWzy

Post by GazWzy »

Sat nav, road lords, Google maps, what3words, use them all together, and a truckers road atlas for bridge heights, don’t just rely on one thing, sat navs or apps are not fool proof, they can all make mistakes if your not careful, common sense is your best tool, Stay safe
Dynoah

Post by Dynoah »

Roadlords is what I've been using hasn't let me down yet
NickMon

Post by NickMon »

If you have an Android phone Tom Tom now have a updated section of their app for HGV drivers, my mate Stephen Bellamy currently uses it while driving his class 1 and rates it.
Personally I use this but each to their own.

https://cmnav.co.uk/collections/hgv-lor ... ium-pois-1
Stoppie

Post by Stoppie »

NickMon wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:29 pm If you have an Android phone Tom Tom now have a updated section of their app for HGV drivers, my mate Stephen Bellamy currently uses it while driving his class 1 and rates it.
Personally I use this but each to their own.

https://cmnav.co.uk/collections/hgv-lor ... ium-pois-1
they charging £50 a year for it. Usually £99. But as I was a beta I can get it for that
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (104.27 KiB) Viewed 607 times
Tomass09

Post by Tomass09 »

I've been using the road Lords app ,you can put in all your truck dimensions in . Used it in central London Cardiff and Yorkshire and its been great so far 👍
Gethinix

Post by Gethinix »

Road Lords. Not on app store, you'll need to Google it
Allexam

Post by Allexam »

I use garmin truck nav never sent me wrong
Stoppie

Post by Stoppie »

Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (104.27 KiB) Viewed 599 times
Michalfo

Post by Michalfo »

Road Lords app been using it for few months great sofar
Andrawiz53

Post by Andrawiz53 »

You can pik a good cheap hgv sat nav ...£50 its never let me down...
Andyyou

Post by Andyyou »

Road Kings is a good one. Never had any issues.
Nixonco

Post by Nixonco »

Roadlords all day long, best trucknav app ive used, plus its free if you are good with online maps (always need a data connection) otherwise there is subscription options for offline maps, it also has speed camera updates, crashes and incident updates, dvsa updates and you can save up to 3 different vehicle dimensions (i think its 3 could be more) etc. Great app all round, no brainer really
TeTerry

Post by TeTerry »

Nixonco wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:37 pm Roadlords all day long, best trucknav app ive used, plus its free if you are good with online maps (always need a data connection) otherwise there is subscription options for offline maps, it also has speed camera updates, crashes and incident updates, dvsa updates and you can save up to 3 different vehicle dimensions (i think its 3 could be more) etc. Great app all round, no brainer really
android only unfortunately
LesMaxi

Post by LesMaxi »

Nixonco wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:37 pm Roadlords all day long, best trucknav app ive used, plus its free if you are good with online maps (always need a data connection) otherwise there is subscription options for offline maps, it also has speed camera updates, crashes and incident updates, dvsa updates and you can save up to 3 different vehicle dimensions (i think its 3 could be more) etc. Great app all round, no brainer really
use this as my backup, good app..
Winterm

Post by Winterm »

Road Lords its free and I've never had an issue With it
Gavinney

Post by Gavinney »

I use a gaming got it on sale at argos for £199 well worth it
Ziallam

Post by Ziallam »

Use a proper satnav Garmin or TomTom mate.
Don't look for apps or shortcut .
This propor satnav will last u for good few years and will save u lot of headche.
Darriab22

Post by Darriab22 »

TomTom truck sat nav. Brilliant bit of kit and it connects to your phone via Bluetooth so you get live updates about traffic, road closures etc. Very important.
Azeemo

Post by Azeemo »

Road Lords is the best. Gets me out of situations my scania built in nav gets me into 😑
Plannec

Post by Plannec »

Been using sygic truck for years now & to be honest cant fault it even since I become class 1 last year
Enchevzo

Post by Enchevzo »

I use road hunter. You just have to put up with the daft Americanisms and lady but it’s never steered me wrong.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”