This training school take 4-5k and then no guarantee you pass practical test, a lot of money specially no passing

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
022vicapell

This training school take 4-5k and then no guarantee you pass practical test, a lot of money specially no passing

Post by 022vicapell »

This training school take 4-5k and then no guarantee you pass practical test, a lot of money specially no passing granted each time you fail practical have to pay more 474£ per test extra top up, one of my Friend paid to school 5k he was passed on first attempt on theory, hazard and cpc same day because computer decide on your knowledge and reversing passed same on first attempt but practical test failed 6 times on Atherton test Center. He is Good hgv driver but test centre won’t pass him. Now he quit hgv license and paying back this 5k to bank every month so think before you spend money where is no guarantee you get but school makes money that’s guarantee. School name is The ABC TEAM NW LTD.
PHIChrome

Re: This training school take 4-5k and then no guarantee you pass practical test, a lot of money specially no passing

Post by PHIChrome »

So?? How do you think school has to guarantee you will pass your test? That's non sense, mate, that's up to you and as well who will spend his time, petrol, lorry for free?? School it's to train you, not to guarantee that you will pass.
ARRONDNESS

Re: This training school take 4-5k and then no guarantee you pass practical test, a lot of money specially no passing

Post by ARRONDNESS »

Can't be that good if they can't pass the test 🤷‍♂️
88jimmarin

Post by 88jimmarin »

Sorry to tell you but if they failed 6 times, they are not a good or safe driver 🤷🏻‍♂️
evansMORE

Post by evansMORE »

Obviously the examiner thinks differently to the “he’s a good driver”
Gaz_Kenji

Post by Gaz_Kenji »

evansMORE wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:00 pm Obviously the examiner thinks differently to the “he’s a good driver”
Different people react differently under the stress of an examination. Some people go to bits when they are being tested.
evansMORE

Post by evansMORE »

Gaz_Kenji wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:00 pm
evansMORE wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:00 pm Obviously the examiner thinks differently to the “he’s a good driver”
Different people react differently under the stress of an examination. Some people go to bits when they are being tested.
completely agree it’s not easy.
12AndClear

Post by 12AndClear »

No school can guarantee a pass
If you are crap then your crap
ARRONDNESS

Post by ARRONDNESS »

12AndClear wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:01 pm No school can guarantee a pass
so glad I got all my licences in the army 👍
12AndClear

Post by 12AndClear »

ARRONDNESS wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:01 pm
nobody fails in the army lol
ARRONDNESS

Post by ARRONDNESS »

12AndClear wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:02 pm
ARRONDNESS wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:01 pm
nobody fails in the army lol
class 1 was done in civvy street, resettlement course 😉
stev.agent

Post by stev.agent »

Take it from me they do. Passed my class 2 3rd attempt and class 1 on my 2nd! This was 26 years ago. DVSA examiners also work from Leconfield, not army ones like the old days.
ARRONDNESS

Post by ARRONDNESS »

stev.agent wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:03 pm
Take it from me they do. Passed my class 2 3rd attempt and class 1 on my 2nd! This was 26 years ago. DVSA examiners also work from Leconfield, not army ones like the old days.
when I sat the old class 3 test, I failed the first 2, but passed the 3rd.
The examiner looked at me and said " the only serious problem is that you didn't offer me a cigarette ".
garymdom.03

Post by garymdom.03 »

Yes you are true driving instructors are useless and scanmers for money you are true, go for something else 😂😂
ARRONDNESS

Post by ARRONDNESS »

garymdom.03 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:04 pm Yes you are true driving instructors are useless and scanmers for money you are true, go for something else 😂😂
so are English teachers, evidently 🤔
garymdom.03

Post by garymdom.03 »

ARRONDNESS wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:04 pm
garymdom.03 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:04 pm Yes you are true driving instructors are useless and scanmers for money you are true, go for something else 😂😂
so are English teachers, evidently 🤔
why did h say that?
Paul+Mister

Post by Paul+Mister »

You won’t be passed on the practical unless your competent, end of. He must not be meeting the criteria for a pass
TamBrace

Post by TamBrace »

🤣🤣🤣🤣 paid about 2k more than I did! If you can't drive, you can't drive 🤣
duncanElite

Post by duncanElite »

His driving ability sounds as good as your grasp of English Language
If his driving isn’t up to the required standard he will fail. The examiner is nothing to do with the driving school. Maybe it’s a good thing he has quit LGV if he can’t pass
garymdom.03

Post by garymdom.03 »

By the way i was trying to teach an ape in zoo to speak. so much effort ape didn't say a word, so ye the ape was stupid 😂😂😂 that's your example
wallCONFIDENT

Post by wallCONFIDENT »

garymdom.03 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:07 pm By the way i was trying to teach an ape in zoo to speak. so much effort ape didn't say a word, so ye the ape was stupid 😂😂😂 that's your example
So are English teachers, evidently 🤔
Walkerr_Ten

Post by Walkerr_Ten »

My original start was with one of these companies, and they prioritize test dates for people on the 10 day course for exam dates. Means if you are one of the 50% who fail you are on the slag heap for a Re-Test Date. I found a free - to - one instructor who was so much better and passed with him....
NealGreen

Post by NealGreen »

What was the feedback on all 6 failures?
Be interesting to know if your friend worked on what they kept failing on, the attitude that they’ve spent money and deserve to then pass won’t get them anywhere.
To fail 6 times tells me it’s more to do with the driver/driver attitude rather than the training school itself.
evansMORE

Post by evansMORE »

NealGreen wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:09 pm What was the feedback on all 6 failures?
Be interesting to know if your friend worked on what they kept failing on, the attitude that they’ve spent money and deserve to then pass won’t get them anywhere.
To fail 6 times tells me it’s more to do with the driver/driver attitude rather than the training school itself.
agree
cookeHonda

Post by cookeHonda »

No1 can guarantee a pass. Better of finding a firm that believes in your driving history and offering to upgrade your licence with a class 1 ce job at the end. I Upgraded from 14 years driving a 7.5t in some on the most congested areas of the country.
Took 4 1/2 days training spread over 2 weeks. Passed both parts 1st time..now driving a 44t Arctic. 18 months in and earning £50k in last tax year. An instructor can teach you to drive.to the standards required. Some just need to give candidates more proactive and tuition to avoid getting flustered and making mistakes that count as serious & then failing test.
evansMORE

Post by evansMORE »

I see autocorrect is not activated on your phone either
12.phbettisme

Post by 12.phbettisme »

Six times Failed!
Did they not learn from the mistakes they made!
Should have shopped around for a cheaper price, down south £1500 from car to HGV,
John.Network

Post by John.Network »

Lol, I got two attempts to pass my test and didn't pay a penny for the whole thing.
FFERRISON

Post by FFERRISON »

Obviously not such a good driver he couldn’t pass test!! It’s not that hard!! 😂😂😂
34seanchet

Post by 34seanchet »

So what did the DVSA (nothing to do with instructors/school) fail him on? Don't forget they are strict for HGV (no majors and up to 15 minor, but take note something that may be a minor during car test is a major for C and C+E
ChrisSmug

Post by ChrisSmug »

One thing I would agree on is there’s no guarantee of a job if/when you pass. My advice is don’t put all eggs in one basket.
ANDREWNess

Post by ANDREWNess »

At least he can reverse i spose maybe ask to do test in reverse lol 😆
dann_mega

Post by dann_mega »

I failed first time because of a mistake. 6 weeks later I took it again having spent the time doing extra learning and extra lessons and being focused. I passed. It’s the person taking the test’s responsibility to be as prepared as they can. 6 times is a lot.
cassVampp

Post by cassVampp »

Test is hard, but multiple fails is not really the schools fault as the examiner is a 3rd party neutral. Maybe your friend wasn't up to the standard? The reverse is the easiest reverse I've ever had to do so not a great example of diving skill. Hard luck to your friend but it sounds to me more like they didn't reach the standard required rather than a bad driving school. Good theory results don't make you a good driver, lorry driving isn't done on paper.
KHANLinkin

Post by KHANLinkin »

How can they guarantee you pass... lol
Pricemerr44

Post by Pricemerr44 »

KHANLinkin wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:15 pm How can they guarantee you pass... lol
he gave the money to the wrong person :). Should give it to the examiner not to school :)
JepWave

Post by JepWave »

If he can’t mange class1 tell them to go class2… it’s just a big van 🤣🤣🎣🎣
08.jasonerio

Post by 08.jasonerio »

How can you complain about not passing the test , there’s obviously reasons beyond the training company that’s causing the failures , unless they have a zero % pass rate, in which case why go with them ?
GaryPower

Post by GaryPower »

No school gives a guarantee you will pass if so they will not make any money. You can not be very good if you can not pass.
GaryPower

Post by GaryPower »

There a business and there to make money.
MARKDODDER

Post by MARKDODDER »

Is this a serious post just because you pay however much doesn’t mean a pass you have to have the ability.
Which even tho you think his a good drive clearly isn’t up to the grade to the people that matter an they dont care what you have paid its what you do on that one drive.
tinsTinman

Post by tinsTinman »

5k for school after star work for 10.50£hour🙈
beatzMADD

Post by beatzMADD »

That’s bloody expensive I wouldn’t bother it never use to cost that much
KERROccur

Post by KERROccur »

There's no guarantee 🤣 no one promises you that you will pass. Practical's are hit n miss.
greggenet_23

Post by greggenet_23 »

No pass guarantee 😂. Well yeah coz if ya shit at driving you shouldn’t be passed
77brianPlanet

Post by 77brianPlanet »

I failed first time my C category on reversing with manual gearbox and really old shit truck .. Then I decided pay more but choose better school with recommendations and I passed c+E for first time. Sometimes its important to change teacher or truck or what ever
TaffSpyder

Post by TaffSpyder »

The time has come - they now know there is tooooo many drivers so now they fail people
Neil+Rider

Post by Neil+Rider »

I paid £3.5k and I knew it wasn’t a guaranteed pass. Thankfully I had great instructors and passed both Cat C and CE first time… Although great instructors or not, you have to be competent to pass…
MarKiddo

Post by MarKiddo »

I once heard someone telling a guy that had failed his test multiple times that “ if you can’t swim then you don’t go swimming” ……
kevin_evan

Post by kevin_evan »

Down to you dude, listen and learn take every criticism and learn by it 👌
HELENON10

Post by HELENON10 »

Obviously its not guaranteed its a test and if your not good enough then you wont pass simple as that!! And rightly so
Maxi.Mckay

Post by Maxi.Mckay »

What do you want it to include? An examiner bribe?
LayGazette

Post by LayGazette »

I work at a training school and believe me if he has failed that many times he obviously has an issue, what's he failing on? And we prefer you to pass first time, 6 tests is a lot tho
50coryonecti

Post by 50coryonecti »

No one on the right mind would give you a guaranteed pass, if your shite you shouldn’t be behind the wheel
kevinPONG

Post by kevinPONG »

I cant believe what iv just read. Driving a hgv isn't like riding a bike. That hgv can be a weapon in the wrong hands. Examiners aren't going to pass someone if they are shit. Your paying the money for the driving schools time, use of their equipment and their expenses etc. Your not paying them to guarantee a license..
JACKY_RENE

Post by JACKY_RENE »

Borrow another 5k and have another 10 attempts
DeerinQuick

Post by DeerinQuick »

Sh*t job anyway. Poor pay and long hours. Get treated like shit Best off not wasting your money
killFamous

Post by killFamous »

DeerinQuick wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:35 pm Sh*t job anyway. Poor pay and long hours. Get treated like shit Best off not wasting your money
it’s not long hours it normal hours .You not working in mc Donald’s or a office it manual labour it’s normal for a lorry driver.
DeerinQuick

Post by DeerinQuick »

killFamous wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:36 pm
DeerinQuick wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:35 pm Sh*t job anyway. Poor pay and long hours. Get treated like shit Best off not wasting your money
it’s not long hours it normal hours .You not working in mc Donald’s or a office it manual labour it’s normal for a lorry driver.
13s15s. Away 5 days. Long hours. The job is shit
4nickeybest

Post by 4nickeybest »

DeerinQuick wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:36 pm
killFamous wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:36 pm
13s15s. Away 5 days. Long hours. The job is shit
Longest shift I do is 12 hours and I'm home every night and get £18 / hour mon-fri £24 / hour on weekends 🤷
Tudrthbox

Post by Tudrthbox »

you think investing £5000 in yourself is too much for a job that will bring you at least £3000 x month. and you want a warranty pass no matter if you able to drive or not? 🤣. Jesús thanks fu!k to the government and the boot camp programmed, there was a time when you need it to earn someone trust to drive a truck and give you the opportunity. now everyone thinks that is entitled to do so.
ruttKeeperz

Post by ruttKeeperz »

How is it the driving schools fault he has failed his test, its your friend in the driving seat taking the test
gittoThug

Post by gittoThug »

Diamond driver training newark 👍👍is the best.
PatChapter

Post by PatChapter »

If he failed 6 six he is a long way from being a good hgv driver
nugentMell

Post by nugentMell »

You pay to be trained! It’s down to the driver to be Good Enough to pass, there’s Never a guarantee on Any test, you want to pass do the work to drive in a safe manner without killing anyone Then you’ll get your pass!
Folk think this job is desk jockey on wheels!! Damn they’re in for a rude awakening!!

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”