Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Doig_Reporter

Re: Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Post by Doig_Reporter »

F**king wankers easy money that for them cut the f**ker off or drive over it 😂😂😂
PauvitzerDigy

Re: Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Post by PauvitzerDigy »

Bill them the equivalent fee for the delay in getting it removed then separate invoice for today's lost load / work
93obrieneson

Post by 93obrieneson »

Imagine being that person going round putting clamps on wagons! Yet they moan about a driver shortage and how it’s affecting shops filling up there shelf’s sad world we live in 😩
KITCHURELL

Post by KITCHURELL »

Is there any street signs saying no parking for hgv
jimenixFan

Post by jimenixFan »

KITCHURELL wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:18 am Is there any street signs saying no parking for hgv
no overnight hgv parking in Kent, been in force since New year or maybe before
Shaun.Chapter

Post by Shaun.Chapter »

KITCHURELL wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:18 am Is there any street signs saying no parking for hgv
if it says hgv it’s not legal as ur known as LGV now
55.keevineran

Post by 55.keevineran »

So how does this work if you are out of driving hours this is utter bull sh*t
joshermidd66

Post by joshermidd66 »

Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (89.95 KiB) Viewed 692 times
RADPEEL

Post by RADPEEL »

Put some Bolt croppers in ya wagon it's a con
chatt_Hatter

Post by chatt_Hatter »

With the revenue there making from this scam they could build a lorry park for every single lorry in the uk
AndrescoKIX

Post by AndrescoKIX »

chatt_Hatter wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:44 am With the revenue there making from this scam they could build a lorry park for every single lorry in the uk
the scheme runs at a loss!
08.wallerdoMo

Post by 08.wallerdoMo »

Only 185, Just peanuts, I also received this award :)
37andressur

Post by 37andressur »

Simple buy a clamp just like this one pictured put a company name on it and park where you like in Kent job done.
Timm.Classy

Post by Timm.Classy »

37andressur wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:49 am Simple buy a clamp just like this one pictured put a company name on it and park where you like in Kent job done.
Best idea so far 👌🏼
Overton+Hi

Post by Overton+Hi »

Timm.Classy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:51 am
37andressur wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:49 am Simple buy a clamp just like this one pictured put a company name on it and park where you like in Kent job done.
Best idea so far 👌🏼
Just use that one save buying one cut the lock off buy new lock cheaper than the clamp lol 😆
benningoBIT

Post by benningoBIT »

Good Idea. 🙂
MattxMatzo

Post by MattxMatzo »

Multiple no parking over 5 ton zones in Kent
baberJiggy

Post by baberJiggy »

Claim for damage caused to the alloy wheels due to the chain being dragged through the holes
benningoBIT

Post by benningoBIT »

baberJiggy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:57 am Claim for damage caused to the alloy wheels due to the chain being dragged through the holes
Yep.
8vassierynx

Post by 8vassierynx »

Get a good pair of bolt cutters it is illegal is some places in uk
bamsengXo

Post by bamsengXo »

8vassierynx wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:00 pm Get a good pair of bolt cutters it is illegal is some places in uk
private clamping is illegal, not council or police though.
WATERIC.Jr

Post by WATERIC.Jr »

Make sure if they have damaged your wheels you claim 😉
8vassierynx

Post by 8vassierynx »

Just seen its kent well stop delivering to Kent then they will be f**ked
ROSS+Press

Post by ROSS+Press »

Simple. Stop all deliveries to the Kent County council area.
Marcupp.WS

Post by Marcupp.WS »

All removed the guy was OK tbh I know he only doing his job but he advised me to appeal on bases it isn't signed so therefore incomplete
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (721.34 KiB) Viewed 666 times
iannPark33

Post by iannPark33 »

Marcupp.WS wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:04 pm All removed the guy was OK tbh I know he only doing his job but he advised me to appeal on bases it isn't signed so therefore incomplete
was going to ask that! No sign, no offence!
76paullopex

Post by 76paullopex »

I hope your company paid the fine
09alinizoun

Post by 09alinizoun »

Incomplete paperwork means the charge isn't valid lmao. This is one to appeal.
COXuseddy

Post by COXuseddy »

09alinizoun wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:19 pm Incomplete paperwork means the charge isn't valid lmao. This is one to appeal.
I came here to say the same thing.
harpeller47

Post by harpeller47 »

09alinizoun wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:19 pm Incomplete paperwork means the charge isn't valid lmao. This is one to appeal.
yep spot 👌
76paullopex

Post by 76paullopex »

Surely if you park on a private estate they can't clamp you
JulieeZierr

Post by JulieeZierr »

76paullopex wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:22 pm Surely if you park on a private estate they can't clamp you
Probably can. Private estate just outside Felixstowe dock where you are photographed in less than a minute waiting to enter your delivery and get fined.
76paullopex

Post by 76paullopex »

JulieeZierr wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:23 pm
76paullopex wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:22 pm Surely if you park on a private estate they can't clamp you
Probably can. Private estate just outside Felixstowe dock where you are photographed in less than a minute waiting to enter your delivery and get fined.
yes but that isn't the council that fine you. I reckon if you parked on a private estate in Kent you would get fined by a private company but I reckon it's less than the 185 council fine
JulieeZierr

Post by JulieeZierr »

76paullopex wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:23 pm
yes but that isn't the council that fine you. I reckon if you parked on a private estate in Kent you would get fined by a private company but I reckon it's less than the 185 council fine
Think the one in Felix is more. Had a pal get one for 52 seconds.
76paullopex

Post by 76paullopex »

JulieeZierr wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:24 pm
76paullopex wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:23 pm

Think the one in Felix is more. Had a pal get one for 52 seconds.
it is its £250 to stop there but there is about a million signs and yellow lines
trukkerConn

Post by trukkerConn »

Do not attempt to remove the clamp.......... challenge accepted.
MANNIORCH03

Post by MANNIORCH03 »

Why did you pay? He didn't even sign it!. 😂😂
You could if got away with this.
09alinizoun

Post by 09alinizoun »

MANNIORCH03 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:29 pm Why did you pay? He didn't even sign it!. 😂😂
he can still apply for the appeal. He paid it and can appeal it still as there is incomplete paperwork and they illegally gave the ticket and toom monies on that basis
andosco.Rap

Post by andosco.Rap »

MANNIORCH03 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:29 pm Why did you pay? He didn't even sign it!. 😂😂
but by paying he’s admitted liability
H.Heyyson

Post by H.Heyyson »

Drive off that chain won't last long
vinceRinse

Post by vinceRinse »

Return the drop. And tell the customer why. If they want the stock they better contact who ever is clamping and get it stopped. Otherwise no delivery.
kirboxin.69

Post by kirboxin.69 »

Keep some bolt croppers in waggon
hugh_GREAT

Post by hugh_GREAT »

Destroy the padlock and leave the clamp aside. Don't damage the chain and the clamp as it's those pricks property.
Geoffma.Dj

Post by Geoffma.Dj »

It’s not criminal to remove it , it’s a private invoice from a clamping company. Which is a civil matter.
mon+Martinno

Post by mon+Martinno »

Geoffma.Dj wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:51 pm It’s not criminal to remove it , it’s a private invoice from a clamping company. Which is a civil matter.
but you can't damage it otherwise it's criminal damage
SAMFORM

Post by SAMFORM »

Geoffma.Dj wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:51 pm It’s not criminal to remove it , it’s a private invoice from a clamping company. Which is a civil matter.
it is issued by KCC not a private company
89_cotepee

Post by 89_cotepee »

I’d be tempted to not have noticed the clamp and move forward until you hear a ‘ping’ 😁
GrantGINO

Post by GrantGINO »

Cut it off it’s only a pissy little chain
mauriago61

Post by mauriago61 »

GrantGINO wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:54 pm Cut it off it’s only a pissy little chain
unfortunately that’s classified as criminal damage easier just to remove wheel and put another one on
DAVVEFT25

Post by DAVVEFT25 »

Stop delivering to Kent let the pricks starve
benningoBIT

Post by benningoBIT »

Claim for the damaged wheel aswell. If everyone did this it would VERY quickly STOP!!!
tomosParis

Post by tomosParis »

They are forcing drivers to break the law if your time is up that's it that's the law clamping is not the law it's done by a 3rd party and is a civil matter let them take you to court you will win hands down
KevaxxoLog

Post by KevaxxoLog »

No wonder there is a shortage of drivers when you get this shit in your job all the time.
edwardNard

Post by edwardNard »

Cut it off then weld it back together 💪🤣
GraGlobe_34

Post by GraGlobe_34 »

Isn’t it funny how you can come from France 🇫🇷 in a rubber boat illegally and park it on a beach in Kent and nothing said but go Kent legally in a truck park it anywhere in Kent you become public enemy number one
07.jamellager

Post by 07.jamellager »

Simply drive off then ping!! problem solved.
shaunicon21

Post by shaunicon21 »

Happened to me last Monday night... £185 release fee and didn't get to me till 9:30....Nowhere advertised it takes the piss.... Nothings come out my wages this week and if so would of kicked off mary hell i told then where to go!....
Blue+Ready

Post by Blue+Ready »

No expert so I would get some advice but as it isn't signed you may get off on a technicality. Also if they didn't release within the 2 hours promised you could argue breach of contract and claim back any costs associated with the delay.
walke.draven

Post by walke.draven »

Blue+Ready wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 pm No expert so I would get some advice but as it isn't signed you may get off on a technicality. Also if they didn't release within the 2 hours promised you could argue breach of contract and claim back any costs associated with the delay.
its upbroke its signed upon entry
Blue+Ready

Post by Blue+Ready »

walke.draven wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 pm
Blue+Ready wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 pm No expert so I would get some advice but as it isn't signed you may get off on a technicality. Also if they didn't release within the 2 hours promised you could argue breach of contract and claim back any costs associated with the delay.
its upbroke its signed upon entry
if they've exceeded the two hours to remove the clamp the company is still entitled to claim compensation. At the point the ticket is paid the contract is formed any breach leaves them open to a civil prosecution for costs. I am no expert on the law for parking tickets but being an ex insurance underwriter I do know about contract law and costs for lost revenue for any time over the two hours would stand in court under breach of contract.
walke.draven

Post by walke.draven »

WHAYYYYYY
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (81.69 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Richar_Blond

Post by Richar_Blond »

walke.draven wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 pm WHAYYYYYY
I'd be attacking that with the Moffat!!
walke.draven

Post by walke.draven »

Richar_Blond wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:07 pm
half 1 in the morning, my company appealed it
022vicapell

Post by 022vicapell »

walke.draven wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:07 pm
shame you didnt hear him you could have battered him and claimed you thought he was stealing your load/fuel.
walke.draven

Post by walke.draven »

022vicapell wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:09 pm

shame you didnt hear him you could have battered him and claimed you thought he was stealing your load/fuel.
I swear they must be ninjas mate 🤣 01:32am that clamp went on. Didn't hear a thing. Heard the gay doggers last night though 🤣🤣
walke.draven

Post by walke.draven »

022vicapell wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:09 pm

Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (67.4 KiB) Viewed 602 times

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”