Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
craigRANTT

Re: Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Post by craigRANTT »

Your on yellow lines to start with mate
IEUANCYPR

Re: Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Post by IEUANCYPR »

craigRANTT wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:12 pm Your on yellow lines to start with mate
yellow line finishes before the car
craigRANTT

Post by craigRANTT »

IEUANCYPR wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:12 pm
craigRANTT wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:12 pm Your on yellow lines to start with mate
yellow line finishes before the car
i parked in a proper off the road layby in Romney marsh woke up clamped £185 it was put on at 03.05am there sneaky bastards mate
10micheridd

Post by 10micheridd »

Tell them you weren't asleep just having a sneaky tug
Lee+Hemp

Post by Lee+Hemp »

Cut it off, Kent is one big scam
gary.stoop

Post by gary.stoop »

Its all of kent cant park anywhere other then services of truckstop
Skinnex_Jr

Post by Skinnex_Jr »

Cut it off that’s what I done last week in Kent
08karlphreek

Post by 08karlphreek »

Overnight Parking in the whole of Kent is not permitted! Don’t accept deliveries into Kent, nastiest people in the country
MAROBAL99

Post by MAROBAL99 »

Tell the f**kers they own u a new wheel for damaging it lol
domanGenn

Post by domanGenn »

I thought clamping was made illegal?
ANDYEasy

Post by ANDYEasy »

domanGenn wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:17 pm I thought clamping was made illegal?
clamping by private parking companies was made illegal....
en_elliss

Post by en_elliss »

Only a chain 2 seconds with bolt cutters chop it off and weight it in
Colin+Haro

Post by Colin+Haro »

Think of it like having your own personal security guard in the night, It’s cheaper than having your diesel nicked.
parkwayParkin

Post by parkwayParkin »

I think I’ll start carrying an air jack and a nice heavy buzz gun, take the wheel nuts off, change wheel job sorted
Ward.Major

Post by Ward.Major »

Someone at my company had this issue they paid the fine and were still sat there for over 2 hours once you’ve paid it should be removed not make you wait even longer. Safe to say they contested it and got refunded for the inconvenience. If I was you I’d contest it mate.
rymillon22

Post by rymillon22 »

Cut the f**ker off and take it with you. If they cant find it they can't prosecute for damage to their property. 💪💪💪
jimegioMud

Post by jimegioMud »

rymillon22 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:21 pm Cut the f**ker off and take it with you. If they cant find it they can't prosecute for damage to their property. 💪💪💪
won’t exactly be hard to find him will it?
rymillon22

Post by rymillon22 »

jimegioMud wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:22 pm
rymillon22 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:21 pm Cut the f**ker off and take it with you. If they cant find it they can't prosecute for damage to their property. 💪💪💪
Who can say you cut it off.
DarrenCZAR

Post by DarrenCZAR »

rymillon22 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 pm
jimegioMud wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:22 pm
Who can say you cut it off.
exactly. Didnt notice it on walk around checks so someone must have been trying to steal the truck but got disturbed!
91.valemaca

Post by 91.valemaca »

F**k Kent. We should all boycott it. Then watch them squirm
TREVORMZZ

Post by TREVORMZZ »

You can't park up in any area of Kent. If you read the posts properly then you know you will get wheel clamped. Even parking in laybays they will clamp you. Its wrong I know but its council policy know to clamp hgvs.
PickupMax

Post by PickupMax »

What’s the odds on those clamps being delivered by a lorry? F**k robbing c**ts.
Viney_Riney

Post by Viney_Riney »

Welcome to the truck hating county KENT !!!
rogersGree

Post by rogersGree »

Viney_Riney wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:28 pm Welcome to the truck hating county KENT !!!
are you sure you spelt the county's name correctly? I thought these days it was called Cu#t
Viney_Riney

Post by Viney_Riney »

rogersGree wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:29 pm
Viney_Riney wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:28 pm Welcome to the truck hating county KENT !!!
are you sure you spelt the county's name correctly? I thought these days it was called Cu#t
I don't want a ban !!!
rogersGree

Post by rogersGree »

Viney_Riney wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:29 pm
rogersGree wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:29 pm
I don't want a ban !!!
got to get your spurs sometime lol
Tina+Mans

Post by Tina+Mans »

Any signs around stating no over night hgv parking ?
rogersGree

Post by rogersGree »

Notify them that as you've paid, you will charge them demurrage for loss of earnings, say £100 an hour, bet that gets a response.
44amyouseys

Post by 44amyouseys »

Cut it off mate it's a scam trust me !!!!!
KINGSTAFFO

Post by KINGSTAFFO »

We as drivers should all go down and park in Kent overnight then not bother to pay the fee. Then the place would come to a standstill cars would not be able to park or get through to the workplaces then bring in more trucks to bring the place to gridlock. Then say you cannot park.
blox.Prime

Post by blox.Prime »

Get a grinder delivered and cut the f**ka off
JodieGrody

Post by JodieGrody »

Well if that's their game then restrict deliveries to Kent. Or charge accordingly in the event of this happening. Its completely one sided. And their getting away it.
seann+Faith

Post by seann+Faith »

I'm guessing legally you stand f**ked, because you parked in Kent like a mug when everyone knows not
Phoenix_Peter

Post by Phoenix_Peter »

Buy a grinder. Rip it n get to f##k.
Kent is Michel Gove’s cash cow.
Not a wise move to park on the street in that county fella.
griffinorMS

Post by griffinorMS »

Portal able grinder or bolt croppers
WaynezerKing

Post by WaynezerKing »

Thought it's illegal for clamping now unless it's the council.
nicklin_Kylin

Post by nicklin_Kylin »

WaynezerKing wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:36 pm Thought it's illegal for clamping now unless it's the council.
yeah it is and that is a council ticket
ChurchLead

Post by ChurchLead »

Sometimes wonder why you bother. Should of packed up gone home and had a cup of tea
martSlayer66

Post by martSlayer66 »

Need to start to refuse to deliver to that part of Kent then see what they need
STEWAR.ROLL

Post by STEWAR.ROLL »

Clamping has been outlawed in the high court. clamping is illegal you should of called the police to remove it.
34_huntecoon

Post by 34_huntecoon »

STEWAR.ROLL wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:43 pm Clamping has been outlawed in the high court. clamping is illegal you should of called the police to remove it.
it’s the Kent restriction they brought on a couple of months ago x
JOHNSinfo

Post by JOHNSinfo »

Clamping is only illegal for private companies the government and councils are still aloud to clamp you.
75bevTruck

Post by 75bevTruck »

Looks fake paperwork total scam.
Allen+Press

Post by Allen+Press »

I'd be cutting and denying any knowledge, what they doing would fall apart in court anyway.. They fall quite well in rivers
Allen+Press

Post by Allen+Press »

Also all this Kent restriction stuff was only brought in cos all the euro trucks, since bresxit that problem has decreased.
craiggCray

Post by craiggCray »

Bolt croppers and angle grinder.
RobinnQU

Post by RobinnQU »

I’d have cut it off and been on my way home now with my money still on my bank
leemena67

Post by leemena67 »

Yet these same councils EXPECT to have deliveries made to business's in the area, by HGV's, so as to keep them going and pay rates..... It's ALL a vicious circle of money raking schemes, but, they are the ones that affect the most people directly and indirectly..... On a second note, it's also another reason for the 'shortage' of drivers and hauliers servicing said business's as well as the general populous... including those of Kent.!!
NormanBlaze

Post by NormanBlaze »

No hgv overnight parking in kent
NormanBlaze

Post by NormanBlaze »

Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (71.82 KiB) Viewed 805 times
kestu_Park

Post by kestu_Park »

Cut the f##king thing off with angle grinder then throw it in the hedge f##king c##ts kent council.
jeffMade10

Post by jeffMade10 »

Not aloud park in most of Kent i hear unless in truck stop, id have cut it off took it with me
92Finneeno

Post by 92Finneeno »

jeffMade10 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:50 pm Not aloud park in most of Kent i hear unless in truck stop, id have cut it off took it with me
just don't deliver to Kent they'll soon let you park again
evawModda

Post by evawModda »

Don't deliver to them, then when the twat who put the system in place wants a fence panel or something that he needs for a D I Y project and he can't get what he wants then that will teach him.
YanniTeenie

Post by YanniTeenie »

cut it off keep it so if you ever have the misfortune to go there again you can just put it on yourself plus what a great security device
croninXoanon

Post by croninXoanon »

Poxy f**king kentonians 😂😂
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (51.22 KiB) Viewed 797 times
Oscar_Zero

Post by Oscar_Zero »

I mean u paid for it just cut it
martin.Blink

Post by martin.Blink »

Sh@t you must be a heavy sleeper not to hear that being attached
daviiDamar

Post by daviiDamar »

What happens if neighbouring counties do the same?
Vekonix.Vert

Post by Vekonix.Vert »

This is another reason for driver shortages the RHA needs to have a word with DFT or whoever sanctioned the use of clsmps round Kent, what driver wants to wake up in morning and find himself clamped for doing his job and his hard earned weekly/daily wage gone on releasing the pesky thing
inteJournal

Post by inteJournal »

Vekonix.Vert wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:57 pm This is another reason for driver shortages the RHA needs to have a word with DFT or whoever sanctioned the use of clsmps round Kent, what driver wants to wake up in morning and find himself clamped for doing his job and his hard earned weekly/daily wage gone on releasing the pesky thing
who wants to go to work for this shit, 30+ year ive been at it ,and the way things have gone, I wouldn't do it again
lind2Pinned

Post by lind2Pinned »

Ryancz+Web wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:58 pm No parking in Kent full stop
not unless it’s covid and the m20 becomes a lorry park I’d have tried to drive off t see if the wheels would snap that chain looks to flimsy
ARRONDNESS

Post by ARRONDNESS »

it’s to do with the parking ban for trucks in kent
evansMORE

Post by evansMORE »

Kent is a no parking zone if u park overnight ur getting clamped
12AndClear

Post by 12AndClear »

If you can’t get into Kent to deliver without needing to stop for night, just don’t deliver to the twats! They’ll soon learn
garymdom.03

Post by garymdom.03 »

And they wonder why there's a driver shortage when they do stupid sh*t like this 😒
duncanElite

Post by duncanElite »

Ban deliveries to Kent when the shop’s are M T and nothing to put on the shelves the bastards will change their mind

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”