They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
istediant45

Re: They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver

Post by istediant45 »

Malcoin.Vod wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:32 am
StevenyZap wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:31 am
Malcoin.Vod wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:30 am

Who said anything about using a phone while driving? That can be established after a crash by using phone records - no camera required.
But yes, some of my colleagues smoke, some don’t like wearing seatbelts - their choice, they’re adults.
And I’ll grab a sandwich or a drink from the fridge next to me on a straight bit of motorway.
Like I say - we’re treated like adults here.
🤣😂 how many times have you had a small bump and had your phone confiscated by the police or insurers to see if you’ve been sat on facebook?
So your company has people constantly breaking the law including yourself whilst in charge of their vehicles…. And we finally see why you dont want cameras. Thank you for your input today, you have proved my point perfectly
WoW - so now we’re down to “small bumps”?
It gets more ridiculous as you dig that hole deeper.
all the time there are drivers like this "meek" driver, there will be driver facing cameras
glennBreeze

Re: They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver

Post by glennBreeze »

StevenyZap wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:32 am
Malcoin.Vod wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:32 am
StevenyZap wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:31 am

🤣😂 how many times have you had a small bump and had your phone confiscated by the police or insurers to see if you’ve been sat on facebook?
So your company has people constantly breaking the law including yourself whilst in charge of their vehicles…. And we finally see why you dont want cameras. Thank you for your input today, you have proved my point perfectly
WoW - so now we’re down to “small bumps”?
It gets more ridiculous as you dig that hole deeper.
sorry? Where did i state only fatal incidents? Im on ground level fella, you’re digging that hole deeper by proving you're just another dangerous driver that shouldnt be on the road
why would he have been charged with any wrong doing if there are outward facing cameras?? The inward facing camera is nothing more than a spy cam that yes if some driver is on the phone when they shouldn’t be that collars them other than that no use and it is not a legal requirement as there is no law that says it is. It’s a bit like security cams they are not a legal requirement but they do help in the event of an incident.
Damattone_Fix

Post by Damattone_Fix »

Got the exact same set up in mine mate. Don't see much sense in having it but I haven't got anything to hide, so no need to worry if you're the same man.
BOBEXCI88

Post by BOBEXCI88 »

Damattone_Fix wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:45 am Got the exact same set up in mine mate. Don't see much sense in having it but I haven't got anything to hide, so no need to worry if you're the same man.
they have to warn you they are installing them and put it into your contract
PaulaniBug

Post by PaulaniBug »

BOBEXCI88 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:46 am
Damattone_Fix wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:45 am Got the exact same set up in mine mate. Don't see much sense in having it but I haven't got anything to hide, so no need to worry if you're the same man.
they have to warn you they are installing them and put it into your contract
where did you read this? It’s there vehicles they can do what they like
leigham_one

Post by leigham_one »

Although I do feel that this is an invasion of privacy (especially if you're a tramper). At the same time, nothing to hide, then nothing to loose.
downeCinco

Post by downeCinco »

All these rules and regulations with this new digit card you’re accelerating to hard you’re breaking too hard you’re cornering too hard you’re not going fast enough why have you stopped you’ve taken too many two minutes to long for your break Now inside cameras I don’t want them looking to see when I’m picking my nose they sent me my renewal for my license I wrote right across middle of it after 40 years of class one driving you can stick your HGV license up your bum fold it up and send it back to them my license returned minus the HGV
Doig_Reporter

Post by Doig_Reporter »

downeCinco wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:48 am All these rules and regulations with this new digit card you’re accelerating to hard you’re breaking too hard you’re cornering too hard you’re not going fast enough why have you stopped you’ve taken too many two minutes to long for your break Now inside cameras I don’t want them looking to see when I’m picking my nose they sent me my renewal for my license I wrote right across middle of it after 40 years of class one driving you can stick your HGV license up your bum fold it up and send it back to them my license returned minus the HGV
fair play 👍
downeCinco

Post by downeCinco »

Doig_Reporter wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:49 am
downeCinco wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:48 am All these rules and regulations with this new digit card you’re accelerating to hard you’re breaking too hard you’re cornering too hard you’re not going fast enough why have you stopped you’ve taken too many two minutes to long for your break Now inside cameras I don’t want them looking to see when I’m picking my nose they sent me my renewal for my license I wrote right across middle of it after 40 years of class one driving you can stick your HGV license up your bum fold it up and send it back to them my license returned minus the HGV
fair play 👍
👍
93obrieneson

Post by 93obrieneson »

Its legal to have but they must not be able to watch you live as that invades privacy. It will probably be recording on a 5 minute loop and stop recording when you have a shunt. We had them at our old place. Nothing to worry about.
KITCHURELL

Post by KITCHURELL »

It's legal only because their own drivers agreed to it in writing. If you did not sign that agreement, cover it up and then uncover it at the end of your shift.
jimenixFan

Post by jimenixFan »

It’s legal, but it’s your license, tell them you will A- drive it with it covered. B- drive it as is for your own backup an safety C refuse to drive it, it’s your choice.
berginte99

Post by berginte99 »

Why do drivers moan about cameras… go into any shop, supermarket, bank or forecourt petrol station and you are constantly monitored… you don’t bay an eyelid then.. no different to cab cams… only thing that should be stipulated is that they are deactivated when keys are out and driver is on daily rest
StevenyZap

Post by StevenyZap »

berginte99 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:54 am Why do drivers moan about cameras… go into any shop, supermarket, bank or forecourt petrol station and you are constantly monitored… you don’t bay an eyelid then.. no different to cab cams… only thing that should be stipulated is that they are deactivated when keys are out and driver is on daily rest
be careful mate, you’ll get the karens attacking you with this sensible response
berginte99

Post by berginte99 »

StevenyZap wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:54 am
berginte99 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:54 am Why do drivers moan about cameras… go into any shop, supermarket, bank or forecourt petrol station and you are constantly monitored… you don’t bay an eyelid then.. no different to cab cams… only thing that should be stipulated is that they are deactivated when keys are out and driver is on daily rest
be careful mate, you’ll get the karens attacking you with this sensible response
too many about nowadays
StevenyZap

Post by StevenyZap »

berginte99 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:55 am
too many about nowadays
I've found a couple so far. Pathetic, stay safe buddy.
Edited as i strangely put a kiss on the end 🤣😂🤣😂
berginte99

Post by berginte99 »

StevenyZap wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:55 am
berginte99 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:55 am

too many about nowadays
I've found a couple so far. Pathetic, stay safe buddy.
Edited as i strangely put a kiss on the end 🤣😂🤣😂
hahaha…
Shaun.Chapter

Post by Shaun.Chapter »

do they sleep,eat,make private phone calls in front for said cameras in the shop? Nah thought not, hardly the same is it.
chatt_Hatter

Post by chatt_Hatter »

Camera no bother just make sure ignition off and curtains closed they also only view it if you fuck up don't think it's naturally live streamed they would need thousands of screens
StevenyZap

Post by StevenyZap »

chatt_Hatter wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:57 am Camera no bother just make sure ignition off and curtains closed they also only view it if you fuck up don't think it's naturally live streamed they would need thousands of screens
dont waste your time mate, people are convinced their traffic office are sat doing nothing other than watching them drive up the m1 singing badly to celine dion, farting and trying to sniff their own farts
AndrescoKIX

Post by AndrescoKIX »

Go home then you melt! I'd rather have a camera pointing at me than having no evidence to prove otherwise if someone makes a false claim against me.
StevenyZap

Post by StevenyZap »

AndrescoKIX wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:59 am Go home then you melt! I'd rather have a camera pointing at me than having no evidence to prove otherwise if someone makes a false claim against me.
too sensible!!! Come back with something a bit more towards this forum or halfwits, something like “see if the transport manager wants a camera on his desk” or “this is why people are leaving the industry” or the classic “they're spying on me” fir added effect tell us how they have provided you with uniform that has a 5g chip in it that reads all your thoughts and sends it in an email to the bosses
AndrescoKIX

Post by AndrescoKIX »

StevenyZap wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:59 am
AndrescoKIX wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:59 am Go home then you melt! I'd rather have a camera pointing at me than having no evidence to prove otherwise if someone makes a false claim against me.
too sensible!!! Come back with something a bit more towards this forum or halfwits, something like “see if the transport manager wants a camera on his desk” or “this is why people are leaving the industry” or the classic “they're spying on me” fir added effect tell us how they have provided you with uniform that has a 5g chip in it that reads all your thoughts and sends it in an email to the bosses
I currently drive town buses, cameras all over the place.. I'm at work and paid to do a job. My last hgv job also had driver facing camera. Not bothered in the slightest..
Yeng.Peng

Post by Yeng.Peng »

I would go home. Wouldn’t be happy with that, total deal breaker and disgusting intrusion of privacy. Especially if tramping!
berginte99

Post by berginte99 »

Yeng.Peng wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 am I would go home. Wouldn’t be happy with that, total deal breaker and disgusting intrusion of privacy. Especially if tramping!
why is it different for trampers.. keys out should be camera off no matter if a tramper or day to day driver
Yeng.Peng

Post by Yeng.Peng »

berginte99 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 am
Yeng.Peng wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 am I would go home. Wouldn’t be happy with that, total deal breaker and disgusting intrusion of privacy. Especially if tramping!
why is it different for trampers.. keys out should be camera off no matter if a tramper or day to day driver
I wasn’t sure it turned off with keys out. Still wouldn’t put up with it.
MOONIXELL

Post by MOONIXELL »

Let's face it big brother is always watching us everywhere we go but when it's time to have rest that's your time just cover the camera up.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”