Morning all, What's average earnings these days in the trucking game and how many hours to get there?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
scottPurple

Re: Morning all, What's average earnings these days in the trucking game and how many hours to get there?

Post by scottPurple »

JurkieNIP wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:16 am
scottPurple wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:15 am
JurkieNIP wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:14 am Depends what you drive… iveco drivers £6.50 an hour and lucky to have a night heater per night out, Scania V8 drivers £750 an hour and £1000 a night out and £20k a week bonus for polishing someone else’s wheels and tank for 50 hrs a week
what are man drivers on...asking for a friend.....🤔💋💋
no more than a Volvo in pink
Get extra if your trucks pink i hear
Malcoin.Vod

Re: Morning all, What's average earnings these days in the trucking game and how many hours to get there?

Post by Malcoin.Vod »

If you're looking into it because you've heard the money is good then I can tell you now it's not. Don't do it for the money because you'll soon regret it.
JACKIETY2.0

Post by JACKIETY2.0 »

Malcoin.Vod wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:18 am If you're looking into it because you've heard the money is good then I can tell you now it's not. Don't do it for the money because you'll soon regret it.
x driver, toying with returning but not really seriously I don't think
russe+Darth

Post by russe+Darth »

Genuine response here, out of the 3 lorry jobs I’ve had
£700/£750/£700 take home is about what I’ve had, all without O/T to home every night as well
russe+Darth

Post by russe+Darth »

forgot to mention the hours:
the 1st was 11hr days min.
2nd was tramping @ 10hr days,
3rd currently is minimum 9hrs a day but sometimes less (approx 40hrs/week)
petronLand

Post by petronLand »

Around 40-50k down south and 27k a year up north
H.Hanllonpo

Post by H.Hanllonpo »

petronLand wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 am Around 40-50k down south and 27k a year up north
Depends on who you work for “up north”. I’m on 40k (ish) a year for a 40 hour contracted week but it’s annualized hours so some weeks I may only do 30 hours some weeks I can do 50 ish. 7 weeks off a year and sick pay, profit related bonuses and the option to take part in the share scheme if I want to. No nights out.
petronLand

Post by petronLand »

H.Hanllonpo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:24 am
petronLand wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 am Around 40-50k down south and 27k a year up north
Depends on who you work for “up north”. I’m on 40k (ish) a year for a 40 hour contracted week but it’s annualized hours so some weeks I may only do 30 hours some weeks I can do 50 ish. 7 weeks off a year and sick pay, profit related bonuses and the option to take part in the share scheme if I want to. No nights out.
ye lad, I'm clueless on wages it's just something I wrote from top of my head.
What I was intending to communicate was that wages differ from the area you live in. It's like nobody on this group takes it in to consideration.
Somebody like me on 35k a year on class2 and somebody for the same money does abnormal loads for the same money somewhere in Cornwall and scratches he's head and thinks why my puddle jumper work pays more then him doing more 'skillful" work
M.Mattnexu

Post by M.Mattnexu »

define "up north" because if you mean North East I can assure you that earnings easily match the higher number, not tramping, decent hours, home everyday etc etc
vadimer470

Post by vadimer470 »

27k up north? is that part time?
barryness80

Post by barryness80 »

5k a week in a v8. I took the pay cut to work for this firm as I got a jacket and a microwave.
Microwave don’t work.
Currently on strike.
It’s not like there’s thousands of dreamers that believed the BBC and are willing to work for £10 an hour so I reckon it’ll get fixed well quick…
Graam_Tin

Post by Graam_Tin »

Varies from industry and hours
BrendexSell

Post by BrendexSell »

Realistically 40-50k depending on a few things - days, nights, hours, company etc. - and 50k+ tramping
FREDDERVE

Post by FREDDERVE »

How many will say they get 2k a week? 🤣🤣
ZakBigg

Post by ZakBigg »

16.50 a hour 10 hour shift 2pm till 12pm Monday to Friday class 2
mallone.post

Post by mallone.post »

£41k, Monday-Friday, no nights out, current average is 42 hours per week, pick my lad up from school 9 times out of 10. I don't see what people moan about 🤷🏻‍♂️
Matche_Mate

Post by Matche_Mate »

mallone.post wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:36 am £41k, Monday-Friday, no nights out, current average is 42 hours per week, pick my lad up from school 9 times out of 10. I don't see what people moan about 🤷🏻‍♂️
true story
thomoCars

Post by thomoCars »

£50k is average around Essex
tommBlue

Post by tommBlue »

£18.55 PH over 45hr week. O/T @ £27.62 after 9hrs a day.
Mon-Fri no bank holidays on class 2
Joneci+Fizz

Post by Joneci+Fizz »

About 70k for 1 hour a day with a 45 minute break 😂
NigNimbus

Post by NigNimbus »

I pay them £50 a day to drive a V8 Scania but the high heels are killing me 🫣
johnymp.66

Post by johnymp.66 »

2 years of tramping £38000 P.A
KYLLEDraven

Post by KYLLEDraven »

4-4 nights Scotland £16 per hour
I tramp the 3 nights though and I do 13's to 15's on all my days, store deliveries and backloads to the central belt, as I tramp the 3 nights I fully expect to fill my card though, I'm no one of the guys that moan about having to actually put the hours in and work🫡
06.krziquent

Post by 06.krziquent »

How are you lot getting 50 hour weeks? 👀
WagRocker

Post by WagRocker »

Just depends. Aslong as you are happy with your work you'll actually never work another day in your life. Personally I work 55-60 hrs a week with 2 nights out and earn enough to provide my family and myself with a very comfortable standard of living.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”