Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
here’s a scenario for you is this legal
06:00-12:00 work
12:00-12:15 break
12:15-18:15 work
18:15-18:30 break
18:30-20:44 work
20:44-20:59 break
20:59-21:00 work
gra+yckett
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:56 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by gra+yckett »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:37 am You said you worked first 6hrs which included 15min break, then drove 1 HR.....so you are in breach of wtd as you need a total of 30min break before continuing to work over 6 hrs to 9hrs. You should have taken a min of an additional 15min before you did the 1hour drive.
So you did 7hrs total which inc 15min break.
Love it... simplifying the rules around yourself, just what I do... 👍
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:55 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
here’s a scenario for you is this legal
06:00-12:00 work
12:00-12:15 break
12:15-18:15 work
18:15-18:30 break
18:30-20:44 work
20:44-20:59 break
20:59-21:00 work
no your scenario isn't legal you've taken 15min break after 6 hours work ✅, then you work additional 6 hours and take 15min break ❌(break of 15min should have been taken at 15:15-15-30).
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:55 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
here’s a scenario for you is this legal
06:00-12:00 work
12:00-12:15 break
12:15-18:15 work
18:15-18:30 break
18:30-20:44 work
20:44-20:59 break
20:59-21:00 work
You are also only showing overall 30min break for 14.5hrs work ❌. 9hr + you need to show total 45min break.
Attachments
IMAGE.jpg
IMAGE.jpg (228.37 KiB) Viewed 938 times
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:58 am
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:55 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
here’s a scenario for you is this legal
06:00-12:00 work
12:00-12:15 break
12:15-18:15 work
18:15-18:30 break
18:30-20:44 work
20:44-20:59 break
20:59-21:00 work
no your scenario isn't legal you've taken 15min break after 6 hours work ✅, then you work additional 6 hours and take 15min break ❌(break of 15min should have been taken at 15:15-15-30).
god damn it just relooked at my scenario and it’s now re-edited let’s try again 🤦‍♂️
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:58 am
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:55 am

here’s a scenario for you is this legal
06:00-12:00 work
12:00-12:15 break
12:15-18:15 work
18:15-18:30 break
18:30-20:44 work
20:44-20:59 break
20:59-21:00 work
no your scenario isn't legal you've taken 15min break after 6 hours work ✅, then you work additional 6 hours and take 15min break ❌(break of 15min should have been taken at 15:15-15-30).
god damn it just relooked at my scenario and it’s now re-edited let’s try again 🤦‍♂️
your revised scenario is still going to be illegal as you work 12hrs work with 15min break, you need to take second break after 9hrs work of 15min...the break at end of shift you show would cover 45min break for work day 9hr+.
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:58 am

no your scenario isn't legal you've taken 15min break after 6 hours work ✅, then you work additional 6 hours and take 15min break ❌(break of 15min should have been taken at 15:15-15-30).
god damn it just relooked at my scenario and it’s now re-edited let’s try again 🤦‍♂️
your revised scenario is still going to be illegal as you work 12hrs work with 15min break, you need to take second break after 9hrs work of 15min...the break at end of shift you show would cover 45min break for work day 9hr+.
you clearly don’t know the rules.
where is this rule that states I must have a break of 15 mins after 9hrs 🤔
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 am

god damn it just relooked at my scenario and it’s now re-edited let’s try again 🤦‍♂️
your revised scenario is still going to be illegal as you work 12hrs work with 15min break, you need to take second break after 9hrs work of 15min...the break at end of shift you show would cover 45min break for work day 9hr+.
you clearly don’t know the rules.
where is this rule that states I must have a break of 15 mins after 9hrs 🤔
the rules you put up on screen are correct and does clearly point out that I've highlighted, exactly same as the one I've put up shows you with pictures 🤷🏻‍♂️
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (84.33 KiB) Viewed 928 times
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 am

god damn it just relooked at my scenario and it’s now re-edited let’s try again 🤦‍♂️
your revised scenario is still going to be illegal as you work 12hrs work with 15min break, you need to take second break after 9hrs work of 15min...the break at end of shift you show would cover 45min break for work day 9hr+.
you clearly don’t know the rules.
where is this rule that states I must have a break of 15 mins after 9hrs 🤔
you can only work one initial 6hr period with 15min break
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm

your revised scenario is still going to be illegal as you work 12hrs work with 15min break, you need to take second break after 9hrs work of 15min...the break at end of shift you show would cover 45min break for work day 9hr+.
you clearly don’t know the rules.
where is this rule that states I must have a break of 15 mins after 9hrs 🤔
you can only work one initial 6hr period with 15min break
notice the word ‘TOTAL’ so if my shift ended before 9 hrs had passed yes breaks totaling 30 mins but if my shift ended after 9 hrs I would not need the break you suggest
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:00 pm

you clearly don’t know the rules.
where is this rule that states I must have a break of 15 mins after 9hrs 🤔
you can only work one initial 6hr period with 15min break
notice the word ‘TOTAL’ so if my shift ended before 9 hrs had passed yes breaks totaling 30 mins but if my shift ended after 9 hrs I would not need the break you suggest
your revised scenario has 2 of 6hr shift with 15min break after each, your scenario is still illegal as you need to take second 15min break after you have completed "total" 9 hrs...
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:03 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm

you can only work one initial 6hr period with 15min break
notice the word ‘TOTAL’ so if my shift ended before 9 hrs had passed yes breaks totaling 30 mins but if my shift ended after 9 hrs I would not need the break you suggest
your revised scenario has 2 of 6hr shift with 15min break after each, your scenario is still illegal as you need to take second 15min break after you have completed "total" 9 hrs...
nope my scenario is correct this scenario I got from a DVSA employee who said it was extreme and rare but is legal
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:03 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:03 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm

notice the word ‘TOTAL’ so if my shift ended before 9 hrs had passed yes breaks totaling 30 mins but if my shift ended after 9 hrs I would not need the break you suggest
your revised scenario has 2 of 6hr shift with 15min break after each, your scenario is still illegal as you need to take second 15min break after you have completed "total" 9 hrs...
nope my scenario is correct this scenario I got from a DVSA employee who said it was extreme and rare but is legal
well I personally wouldn't follow those instructions as I would be the one that would get the infringement, not the TM... Most might follow instructions blindly, but I am responsible for my own license and I choose my own interpretation that covers all aspects.
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:03 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:03 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm

notice the word ‘TOTAL’ so if my shift ended before 9 hrs had passed yes breaks totaling 30 mins but if my shift ended after 9 hrs I would not need the break you suggest
your revised scenario has 2 of 6hr shift with 15min break after each, your scenario is still illegal as you need to take second 15min break after you have completed "total" 9 hrs...
nope my scenario is correct this scenario I got from a DVSA employee who said it was extreme and rare but is legal
The DVSA employees are not always correct in their opinions either, have come across several situations where they tried to implement a rule which out of scope of what rule actually meant. Problem with all the rules, they keep adding more without adjusting previous rules and then you have one rule contradictory of the other and they cannot enforce them 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bo_Barrum
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:40 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Bo_Barrum »

AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:50 am
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:46 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
sorry but that's a load of tosh there's no 9hr rule or 3 hrs rule
there is a 9 hour rule and he never said anything about a 3 hour rule
no 9 hr rule
AndheeWs
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AndheeWs »

Bo_Barrum wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 pm
AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:50 am
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:46 am

sorry but that's a load of tosh there's no 9hr rule or 3 hrs rule
there is a 9 hour rule and he never said anything about a 3 hour rule
no 9 hr rule
the rule is if you are likely to work between 6 and 9 hours you need to show a 30 min break
Bo_Barrum
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:40 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Bo_Barrum »

AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:07 pm
Bo_Barrum wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 pm
AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:50 am

there is a 9 hour rule and he never said anything about a 3 hour rule
no 9 hr rule
the rule is if you are likely to work between 6 and 9 hours you need to show a 30 min break
no it’s not. The rule is if you work between 6-9 TOTAL then 30 mins required. That’s not a 9 hr rule is it?
Bo_Barrum
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:40 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Bo_Barrum »

AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:07 pm
Bo_Barrum wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 pm
AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:50 am

there is a 9 hour rule and he never said anything about a 3 hour rule
no 9 hr rule
the rule is if you are likely to work between 6 and 9 hours you need to show a 30 min break
Wtd
Work 6
Break 20
Work 6
Break 25
Work 2.15
Legal for wrd
JRILLANDS
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JRILLANDS »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:55 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
here’s a scenario for you is this legal
06:00-12:00 work
12:00-12:15 break
12:15-18:15 work
18:15-18:30 break
18:30-20:44 work
20:44-20:59 break
20:59-21:00 work
Pau9licex's scenario is absolutely legal, I promise you.
The key is knowing how to read and understand a legal document.
The word "total" being the key word in the legislation.
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:52 am
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:46 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
sorry but that's a load of tosh there's no 9hr rule or 3 hrs rule
Following the official rule if you took 15 min break in 6hrs you have met the official wtd rule, then you drive for 4hrs, although you wouldn't be driving rest rule, but you'd be 10hrs on shift with 15min break, this is why so many get caught out.
you are still talking rubbish mate
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:51 am
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:46 am
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
sorry but that's a load of tosh there's no 9hr rule or 3 hrs rule
That's official rules. What I said was if you remember 15min break for every 3hrs then you'd never go wrong...it's not the "official' rule, but following that you wouldn't mess up...and as you see there is a 6-9hr as well as 9hr+.
What Pau9licex is saying is perfectly legal
Wtd says you can't work more than 6hrs at any point without taking a 15min break
The bit about 6 to 9 hrs only determines how much break is required for the entire shift it does not determine when the breaks should be taken
The pictogram you've posted is wrong because the words " in total " are missing
JRILLANDS
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JRILLANDS »

NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:10 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:51 am
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:46 am

sorry but that's a load of tosh there's no 9hr rule or 3 hrs rule
That's official rules. What I said was if you remember 15min break for every 3hrs then you'd never go wrong...it's not the "official' rule, but following that you wouldn't mess up...and as you see there is a 6-9hr as well as 9hr+.
What Pau9licex is saying is perfectly legal
Wtd says you can't work more than 6hrs at any point without taking a 15min break
The bit about 6 to 9 hrs only determines how much break is required for the entire shift it does not determine when the breaks should be taken
The pictogram you've posted is wrong because the words " in total " are missing
which is why that particular graphic never gets used in any training I'm conducting (although it is commonly used 🙁)
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:11 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:10 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:51 am

That's official rules. What I said was if you remember 15min break for every 3hrs then you'd never go wrong...it's not the "official' rule, but following that you wouldn't mess up...and as you see there is a 6-9hr as well as 9hr+.
What Pau9licex is saying is perfectly legal
Wtd says you can't work more than 6hrs at any point without taking a 15min break
The bit about 6 to 9 hrs only determines how much break is required for the entire shift it does not determine when the breaks should be taken
The pictogram you've posted is wrong because the words " in total " are missing
which is why that particular graphic never gets used in any training I'm conducting (although it is commonly used 🙁)
it's used all over here by the intellectually challenged
JRILLANDS
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JRILLANDS »

NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:14 pm
JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:11 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:10 pm

What Pau9licex is saying is perfectly legal
Wtd says you can't work more than 6hrs at any point without taking a 15min break
The bit about 6 to 9 hrs only determines how much break is required for the entire shift it does not determine when the breaks should be taken
The pictogram you've posted is wrong because the words " in total " are missing
which is why that particular graphic never gets used in any training I'm conducting (although it is commonly used 🙁)
it's used all over here by the intellectually challenged
sadly it also forms part of many Drivers' Hours courses too...
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:19 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:14 pm
JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:11 pm

which is why that particular graphic never gets used in any training I'm conducting (although it is commonly used 🙁)
it's used all over here by the intellectually challenged
sadly it also forms part of many Drivers' Hours courses too...
I got threatened with being thrown out of a dcpc class for being disruptive when I pointed it out lol
JRILLANDS
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JRILLANDS »

NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:20 pm
JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:19 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:14 pm

it's used all over here by the intellectually challenged
sadly it also forms part of many Drivers' Hours courses too...
I got threatened with being thrown out of a dcpc class for being disruptive when I pointed it out lol
you rebel!
AndheeWs
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AndheeWs »

Bo_Barrum wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:07 pm
AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:07 pm
Bo_Barrum wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 pm

no 9 hr rule
the rule is if you are likely to work between 6 and 9 hours you need to show a 30 min break
Wtd
Work 6
Break 20
Work 6
Break 25
Work 2.15
Legal for wrd
that's what I just said
Bo_Barrum
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:40 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Bo_Barrum »

AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:21 pm
Bo_Barrum wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:07 pm
AndheeWs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:07 pm

the rule is if you are likely to work between 6 and 9 hours you need to show a 30 min break
Wtd
Work 6
Break 20
Work 6
Break 25
Work 2.15
Legal for wrd
that's what I just said
missed out the word Total 🙄
Pheter.Guy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:14 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Pheter.Guy »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:37 am You said you worked first 6hrs which included 15min break, then drove 1 HR.....so you are in breach of wtd as you need a total of 30min break before continuing to work over 6 hrs to 9hrs. You should have taken a min of an additional 15min before you did the 1hour drive.
So you did 7hrs total which inc 15min break.
what a load of shit you've just written!!!!!
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

Pheter.Guy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:22 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:37 am You said you worked first 6hrs which included 15min break, then drove 1 HR.....so you are in breach of wtd as you need a total of 30min break before continuing to work over 6 hrs to 9hrs. You should have taken a min of an additional 15min before you did the 1hour drive.
So you did 7hrs total which inc 15min break.
what a load of shit you've just written!!!!!
your welcome to your opinion, but you wouldn't get any infringements with my "load of sh*t" would you!!!
karlxon_gong
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:41 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by karlxon_gong »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
karlxon_gong
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:41 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by karlxon_gong »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
each to their own dude!
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
read rules you need a minimum 15 min break for the 6 hr rule yes you take 30 mins but that’s not the rules that’s your choice he was asking about the rules not about your choice
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:30 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
read rules you need a minimum 15 min break for the 6 hr rule yes you take 30 mins but that’s not the rules that’s your choice he was asking about the rules not about your choice
I know how they worded the rules, but I know of drivers get infringements for original post question, had 15 min break in first 6 hrs then drove for a couple of hours...then get pulled by dvsa, shows 8 hrs overall with only 15 min registered break,
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:30 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
read rules you need a minimum 15 min break for the 6 hr rule yes you take 30 mins but that’s not the rules that’s your choice he was asking about the rules not about your choice
and in rules says you need to show 30min break 6-9hr which they didn't 🤷🏻‍♂️, at least the way I explained you would never get caught out and always have enough break accrued to cover wtd. I'll stick to my way as never had infringement in 34yrs driving.
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:47 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:30 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
read rules you need a minimum 15 min break for the 6 hr rule yes you take 30 mins but that’s not the rules that’s your choice he was asking about the rules not about your choice
and in rules says you need to show 30min break 6-9hr which they didn't 🤷🏻‍♂️, at least the way I explained you would never get caught out and always have enough break accrued to cover wtd. I'll stick to my way as never had infringement in 34yrs driving.
in that scenario showing 8 hrs over all the DVSA can not give them any infringement nor fine because they still have that hour to take the extra 15 mins BUT only if their shift ends before 9 hrs has passed.
pau9licex
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by pau9licex »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:38 pm
pau9licex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:30 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
read rules you need a minimum 15 min break for the 6 hr rule yes you take 30 mins but that’s not the rules that’s your choice he was asking about the rules not about your choice
I know how they worded the rules, but I know of drivers get infringements for original post question, had 15 min break in first 6 hrs then drove for a couple of hours...then get pulled by dvsa, shows 8 hrs overall with only 15 min registered break,
As long as those drivers have not broken the 6 hr rule all is still fine
karlxon_gong
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:41 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by karlxon_gong »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
30 min total in shift 6-9 hr not by
karlxon_gong
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:41 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by karlxon_gong »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 am You need 15min break for every 3hrs work is the easiest and best way to remember, but personally I would have taken a 30min break at the 6 hrs total(Inc 15min break) to make up a 45min break before driving, then covers all scenarios and no grey areas if stopped and another persons interpretation of rules ends up with them issuing you with a fine.
bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
30 min rule is gone bro you must have 45 min before the 11th hour shift breaks
Carwosto831
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Carwosto831 »

karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:49 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

bet your boss doesn’t like the way you do it!!! Too many breaks!!! Not enough work 😂 lol
my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
30 min rule is gone bro you must have 45 min before the 11th hour shift breaks
I know rules are made to confuse people, I just prefer to implement an easier solution that covers all bases and never opens you up for infringement and fines 😁
karlxon_gong
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:41 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by karlxon_gong »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:50 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:49 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
30 min rule is gone bro you must have 45 min before the 11th hour shift breaks
I know rules are made to confuse people, I just prefer to implement an easier solution that covers all bases and never opens you up for infringement and fines 😁
class 1 very different to class 2 with when breaks are needed. Not as much driving with class 2. Most days anyway!!
BounDDay
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:52 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by BounDDay »

Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:50 pm
karlxon_gong wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:49 pm
Carwosto831 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 pm

my license my choice, never had an issue with anyone I've worked for and never been pulled up on infringements internally or dvsa..
30 min rule is gone bro you must have 45 min before the 11th hour shift breaks
I know rules are made to confuse people, I just prefer to implement an easier solution that covers all bases and never opens you up for infringement and fines 😁
No, you are making it up!😂
liampter821
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by liampter821 »

You're not correct and misinterpreting the rules
Your 15 minute break resets your 6 hour timer. From FINISHING your break, you can then work 6 hours (including up to 4.5 hrs drive)
liampter821
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by liampter821 »

So you've taken your 15 min break after 3 hours work. That means you can work up to the 9th hour of work before needing to take another (3+6)
But you're over simplifying it at thus making a mistake.
There's no such thing as a 6-9 hour rule, unless you're working a total of between 6-9 hours.
liampter821
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by liampter821 »

All that means is what total of breaks you need to take in your whole shift.
So if you work a 6h00 shift and then go home
No break needed whatsoever
If your shift is something between 6h00-9h00 you need to show a 30 minute break at some point in your shift, before you go home or finish. This can be as a single 30, or 2 x 15s.
liampter821
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by liampter821 »

Still remembering at the same time, you can't work more than 6hrs at any point without taking a break
Finally, if your total shift involves more than 9hrs work, you need a total of 45 mins
This is where it gets fun
liampter821
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by liampter821 »

For most drivers, who will exceed 4hr30 driving time, means most drivers can "double up" their breaks by having a 15 min WTD break and then later in the shift having a 30min break which acts as both another break for WTD AND resets drive time by completing a 45 minute break.
Some super truckers need another 45 (or 15/30) later on cause they drove another 4hr30 and want to keep going.
liampter821
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by liampter821 »

Also, for those of you who DON'T exceed 4h30 driving, you can split your WTD into 3 x15 breaks, or, you can do any which way to add to 45, so long as each break is at least 15 mins
For example 2 separate breaks of 22 and 23 mins would suffice WTD but would NOT reset your 4h30 drive time
craib6rone
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:12 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by craib6rone »

liampter821 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:55 pm You're not correct and misinterpreting the rules
Your 15 minute break resets your 6 hour timer. From FINISHING your break, you can then work 6 hours (including up to 4.5 hrs drive)
you've just blown a lot of brains by giving the totally correct information.
JuliusOnline
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:43 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JuliusOnline »

Well that was clear then, yes it's correct, no it's not correct, Maybe, maybe not, I think so, my mate said no, my Mum says it's right, ffs my head hurts 🤣
LesFFortune
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:30 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by LesFFortune »

JuliusOnline wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:57 pm Well that was clear then, yes it's correct, no it's not correct, Maybe, maybe not, I think so, my mate said no, my Mum says it's right, ffs my head hurts 🤣
😉
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (89.58 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Iconex-BP
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:01 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Iconex-BP »

I think working for 15 mins and 6 hour paid break sounds better
AlanQWalker
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AlanQWalker »

It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
AlanQWalker
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AlanQWalker »

So Julius to answer your question, yes you are correct and legal.
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
totally incorrect
You only need 30mins before 9 hrs if you're working less than 9hrs
AlanQWalker
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AlanQWalker »

NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
totally incorrect
You only need 30mins before 9 hrs if you're working less than 9hrs
sorry. I’ve edited that to say more than 9 hours.
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:00 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
totally incorrect
You only need 30mins before 9 hrs if you're working less than 9hrs
sorry. I’ve edited that to say more than 9 hours.
but you don't need breaks every 3hrs if you did it would be 1hr for a full shift not 45mins
AlanQWalker
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AlanQWalker »

NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:00 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:00 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm

totally incorrect
You only need 30mins before 9 hrs if you're working less than 9hrs
sorry. I’ve edited that to say more than 9 hours.
but you don't need breaks every 3hrs if you did it would be 1hr for a full shift not 45mins
that’s not what I said Nheil. It’s every 3 hours AFTER the first 6 hours. So 15 minutes for 6 hours, a further 15 minutes for 6-9 and then a further 15 if you do more than 9 hours.
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:01 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:00 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:00 pm

sorry. I’ve edited that to say more than 9 hours.
but you don't need breaks every 3hrs if you did it would be 1hr for a full shift not 45mins
that’s not what I said Nheil. It’s every 3 hours AFTER the first 6 hours. So 15 minutes for 6 hours, a further 15 minutes for 6-9 and then a further 15 if you do more than 9 hours.
if you are working over 9hrs you don't need another 15mins before 9hrs
AlanQWalker
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AlanQWalker »

NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:01 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:01 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:00 pm

but you don't need breaks every 3hrs if you did it would be 1hr for a full shift not 45mins
that’s not what I said Nheil. It’s every 3 hours AFTER the first 6 hours. So 15 minutes for 6 hours, a further 15 minutes for 6-9 and then a further 15 if you do more than 9 hours.
if you are working over 9hrs you don't need another 15mins before 9hrs
so how much total working time breaks do you need for over 9 hours then?
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:01 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:01 pm

that’s not what I said Nheil. It’s every 3 hours AFTER the first 6 hours. So 15 minutes for 6 hours, a further 15 minutes for 6-9 and then a further 15 if you do more than 9 hours.
if you are working over 9hrs you don't need another 15mins before 9hrs
so how much total working time breaks do you need for over 9 hours then?
you would need a total of 45mins split into segments of at least 15mins with no more than 6hrs between them
You could have 20mins at 6hrs and 25mins at 12hrs if you wanted to
AlanQWalker
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AlanQWalker »

NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:01 pm

if you are working over 9hrs you don't need another 15mins before 9hrs
so how much total working time breaks do you need for over 9 hours then?
you would need a total of 45mins split into segments of at least 15mins with no more than 6hrs between them
You could have 20mins at 6hrs and 25mins at 12hrs if you wanted to
I’m afraid you are wrong. That is for the normal working time directive not the drivers and mobile workers one.
NheilGeneral
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by NheilGeneral »

AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:03 pm
NheilGeneral wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 pm

so how much total working time breaks do you need for over 9 hours then?
you would need a total of 45mins split into segments of at least 15mins with no more than 6hrs between them
You could have 20mins at 6hrs and 25mins at 12hrs if you wanted to
I’m afraid you are wrong. That is for the normal working time directive not the drivers and mobile workers one.
I can assure you that is correct for RT/WTR2005
JRILLANDS
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JRILLANDS »

AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
Finerwin830
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:57 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Finerwin830 »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
There's 2 parts to the wtd breaks.
Finerwin830
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:57 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Finerwin830 »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
1. The 6 hour rule
you can't work more than 6 hours at any point without a 15 min break, a break of 15 or more allows you to work upto another 6 hours before needing another 15 min break. This works the same as driving 4.5 hours and a 45. (Only driving and other work count as working time)

2. The total break
This is dependent on the total amount of working time in the shift, only driving and other work count as working time for the wtd.
Finerwin830
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:57 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Finerwin830 »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
0-6 hours of working time = 0 break required
Over 6 but not over 9 = 30 mins of break/s
Over 9 = 45 mins of break/s required.
A shift can only be have 1 of the 3 apply, so ignore the other 2

Breaks can be taken anywhere in the shift to count towards the total required, except the very beginning or end of the shift, so each break must have at least 1 min of work either side of it and they must be at least 15 mins long to count.
Finerwin830
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:57 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Finerwin830 »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
The 6 - 9 and 9+ are purely used to determine how much break is required in total and are nothing to do with when any breaks are required.

So anyone who drives over 4.5 hours in a shift will have a 45 for that and tick the total break box for any shift, so all they'll need to worry about is the 6 hour rule.
Finerwin830
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:57 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by Finerwin830 »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
These are extreme examples
of what is legal

Work 6
Break 15
Work 6
Break 15
Work 2:14
Break 15
Work 1 min

Work 6
Break 25
Work 6
Break 20
Work 2:15

Work 2
Poa 11
Work 2
JRILLANDS
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JRILLANDS »

Finerwin830 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:05 pm
JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
There's 2 parts to the wtd breaks.
thanks 🙂
AlanQWalker
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by AlanQWalker »

JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
can to expand on what I am not understanding? Feel free to message me privately if you don’t think continued discussion here is productive
JRILLANDS
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 am

Re: Good Morning. No it's not another newbie post not remembering his CPC re WTD, I am in a bit of an argument the above

Post by JRILLANDS »

AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:07 pm
JRILLANDS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:04 pm
AlanQWalker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm It’s easily remembered like this. In the first 6 hours working time you need a 15 minute break. For every subsequent 3 hours on top of the 6 you need a 15 minute break. So if you work more than 9 hours you need 45 minutes total split into 3x15 minutes.
unfortunately you are not understanding the legislation either.
Finerwin, if you haven't already, could you post your "two parts to the wtd" explanation please?
can to expand on what I am not understanding? Feel free to message me privately if you don’t think continued discussion here is productive
I'll answer in here as it could be of use to others.
Post Reply

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest