The government are considering allowing drivers to train directly for CE and so bypassing the need for passing the C

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
BaseNeko

The government are considering allowing drivers to train directly for CE and so bypassing the need for passing the C

Post by BaseNeko »

So it would seem the government are “considering” allowing drivers to train directly for CE and so bypassing the need for passing the C category first.
I’m sure it’s one of the many strategies that are on the table to alleviate the pressure on the industry.
Last edited by BaseNeko on Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antecut

Re: the government are “considering” allowing drivers to train directly for CE and so bypassing the need for passing the

Post by Antecut »

Which is what it was like for many years, and worked fine. It wouldn't be the 1st time to potentially be relaxed - however last time, the age for Class1 was still 21. It's going to be interesting to see how they roll it out.
IdolSteve

Re: The government are “considering” allowing drivers to train directly for CE and so bypassing the need for passing the

Post by IdolSteve »

How about stopping points for speeding HGV drivers, you just pay double the fine? And keep on trucking...
Awareseat

Re: The government are “considering” allowing drivers to train directly for CE and so bypassing the need for passing the

Post by Awareseat »

You know politics has gone really shit when things can be massively improved by simply reverting all laws to 1974
Advicell

Post by Advicell »

" considering allowing " by HMG really equates to " let's make it faster for them to ignore us " That's what HMG has done for many years: ignore.
2cutePlanet

Post by 2cutePlanet »

There was a reason the direct route to C+E was stopped. The same reason the aquired rights B+E was stopped. But don't let road safety and accident reduction get in the way of an examiner and driver shortage.
Alaxismo

Post by Alaxismo »

2cutePlanet wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:44 pm There was a reason the direct route to C+E was stopped. The same reason the aquired rights B+E was stopped. But don't let road safety and accident reduction get in the way of an examiner and driver shortage.
the same road safety people that let a 17 year old pass in a ford ka. To then have a licence to drive a high hp Subaru.
Bedpond

Post by Bedpond »

Hopefully this happens, I think it’s stupid how I’m able to hold CAT D license and carry 70+ live souls but yet im not also entitled to drive a shorter and sometimes smaller vehicle (compared to what I have driven) carrying bloody pallets or goods I hope they do put it in place as I refuse to do CLASS 2 first
BestShcam

Post by BestShcam »

The government changed it to make things safer the RHA should kick off about that I don't want them to sort out the driver shortage or the wages will go down again, let the good times roll, fuck em,

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”