Does anyone know how long your renewal hgv license takes to come though. Or a telephone number I can call many thanks

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
CistBal

Does anyone know how long your renewal hgv license takes to come though. Or a telephone number I can call many thanks

Post by CistBal »

Please Does anyone know how long your renewal hgv license takes to come though . Or a telephone number I can call many thanks
Advizonex

Re: Does anyone know how long your renewal hgv license takes to come though. Or a telephone number I can call many thank

Post by Advizonex »

Yeah. I just did mine. D2 Form and send it through the post office. Due to corona online and telephone service doesn’t work. Don’t ask me why
PELP

Re: Does anyone know how long your renewal hgv license takes to come though. Or a telephone number I can call many thank

Post by PELP »

Advizonex wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:49 pm Yeah. I just did mine. D2 Form and send it through the post office. Due to corona online and telephone service doesn’t work. Don’t ask me why
Last edited by PELP on Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CistBal

Post by CistBal »

Advizonex wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:49 pm Yeah. I just did mine. D2 Form and send it through the post office. Due to corona online and telephone service doesn’t work. Don’t ask me why
been there sent by post office myself and phone dvla something needs to be done about this. And there a driver shortages.
Advizonex

Post by Advizonex »

I’ve had worse. Been waiting 2 months and I called them (finally after about 20 ish attempts) and they told that they don’t have me in the system. They’ve lost it. So I’ve sent again and 6 weeks later they’ve returned my application because I’ve filled D1 instead of D2(I’ve asked lady at the post office and she’s said to fill d1 form)
So I went to post office on Saturday again and filled D2 form and on Monday I’ve received my new driving licence
They always had a mess there but now they’re taking the piss
Anaspex

Post by Anaspex »

10 weeks plus, can drive under section 88 if a medical professional deems you fit to drive
Czaris

Post by Czaris »

If they have your medical papers you can drive under section 88 for 28 days then re apply
Reggaero

Post by Reggaero »

DVLA received my forms on the 19th June. Still waiting. Nearly 9 weeks later!
CistBal

Post by CistBal »

Is there any driver still driving hgv waiting for Renewal licence. Say you can't drive with out your licence from Dvla. So if waiting what are you doing at the moment?
Catrs

Post by Catrs »

CistBal wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:31 am Is there any driver still driving hgv waiting for Renewal licence. Say you can't drive with out your licence from Dvla. So if waiting what are you doing at the moment?
The cmpany i work for wont let me drive untill i have the license in my hand regardless of section 88
Thinhr

Post by Thinhr »

CistBal wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:31 am Is there any driver still driving hgv waiting for Renewal licence. Say you can't drive with out your licence from Dvla. So if waiting what are you doing at the moment?
I sent mone in 2 and a bit weeks ago after letting it slide a few years ago. I joined an Agency and just driving a 3.5tonner for a couple of months until I get my License back with my class1 reinstated.
Boysa

Post by Boysa »

I've been told you can still drive under section 80, Providing you have no major medical issues.
CistBal

Post by CistBal »

can I ask where did you get your information from been looking on dvla on line my company not letting me drive any hgv get my licence back first. many thanks to you
CistBal

Post by CistBal »

my company looked into it said cannot drive with out hgv licence so there not taking a chance with it
Boysa

Post by Boysa »

so till DVLA get their act together, we lose even more drivers, very worrying, if that's true, no work for me after the 18th.
Kausti

Post by Kausti »

Mine ran out a month ago driving under section 88 high way code as advised by dvla and vosa you could be waiting a couple of months as massive delays
Glimon

Post by Glimon »

Kausti wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:00 am Mine ran out a month ago driving under section 88 high way code as advised by dvla and vosa you could be waiting a couple of months as massive delays
do I need to do anything to drive under section 88?
Kausti

Post by Kausti »

Kausti wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:00 am Mine ran out a month ago driving under section 88 high way code as advised by dvla and vosa you could be waiting a couple of months as massive delays
nothing if you've sent your documents to dvla thats it
Teksalv

Post by Teksalv »

Mine actually ran out got mine back 5 week later and told cannot drive till renewed......
TwilightShay

Post by TwilightShay »

And they moan about a shortage of drivers. Yet the countless drivers who can’t do their job through no fault of their own is ridiculous
Urnoti

Post by Urnoti »

It takes longer then you expect, even if you expect it to take a long time it will take longer.
CistBal

Post by CistBal »

Urnoti wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 am It takes longer then you expect, even if you expect it to take a long time it will take longer.
it a joke and there a driver shortages
Urnoti

Post by Urnoti »

Urnoti wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 am It takes longer then you expect, even if you expect it to take a long time it will take longer.
I had to use up most of my holidays for this year waiting for mine.
TwilightShay

Post by TwilightShay »

About 11 weeks if it’s expired I know this as fact as my double man partner is still waiting and she can’t even get an exemption certificate
Spotta

Post by Spotta »

TwilightShay wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:21 am About 11 weeks if it’s expired I know this as fact as my double man partner is still waiting and she can’t even get an exemption certificate
tell her to keep calling dvla help line, if thry have it, thry can confirm by letter and sect88 applies
Catrs

Post by Catrs »

Sent mine of june the 30th not got it back yet. Have'nt work since the 21st july cos the company i work for wont let you work without a license. You call the dvla and all you get is busy call back later, no joy email either
CistBal

Post by CistBal »

Catrs wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:25 am Sent mine of june the 30th not got it back yet. Have'nt work since the 21st july cos the company i work for wont let you work without a license. You call the dvla and all you get is busy call back later, no joy email either
I know been calling dvla myself there a driver shortages dvla needs get it sorted fast been waiting 3 weeks myself hope you get it back soon
Catliti

Post by Catliti »

Good luck with that my mate is into week 8/9 with no return of his licence
Logabel

Post by Logabel »

Had mine since 15th June, expired 17th June. Been 8 weeks now. My mate got his back in 6 weeks
Couchts

Post by Couchts »

WH SMITH ARE DOING PHOTO UPDATES took a week!!
Apparently Swansea have been on strike and can’t Catch up
Delighter

Post by Delighter »

I've been trying to get a form to renew mine which expires in Oct but all I get is the delay will send you a form automatically nearer the time
Radioti

Post by Radioti »

Delighter wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:38 am I've been trying to get a form to renew mine which expires in Oct but all I get is the delay will send you a form automatically nearer the time
you should be able to get all the forms from a post office. Do it now and you may be in with a chance of getting it sorted before you retire!
Radioti

Post by Radioti »

I got through to the DVLA yesterday after about 6 weeks of trying. My medical and other paperwork was delivered 2nd June but they still can't give me any idea when I will get my new licence back. Apparently the medical review section is where the main hold up is.
Brevide

Post by Brevide »

Sent my D4 in on 2nd June got my licence today going onto weeks and I had to get my MP involved last week and now got it but it started 8 days ago should have got it by the 1st of july
Brikre

Post by Brikre »

Around 12 weeks at the moment for the drivers I do Medicals for
Cubill

Post by Cubill »

its been taking between 8 and 12 weeks they have had mine since june
Aziona

Post by Aziona »

Before COVID, normally a couple of week. Now… I heard it can take up to 6weeks
Adherrobb

Post by Adherrobb »

At the moment it’s taking months, one of the guys at our place has been waiting 13 weeks so far.
Kalanet

Post by Kalanet »

My m8 has been waiting since April because of strikes ect. He had to get proof of section 88 from dvla for his employer, and had to keep phoning constantly till he finally got an answer. Good luck.
Spotta

Post by Spotta »

If its renewal of vocational licence 6-12 weeks from when they acknowledge receipt! Not when it arrives! I sent my father in laws in for him, they had it 4 weeks b4 they confirmed receipt now saying 6-12 weeks, but sent a letter out saying they have it, and if he feels OK he can use section 88, but its his choice..
TipsBright

Post by TipsBright »

Could take months but you’re still ok to drive while it’s being sorted
Thinhr

Post by Thinhr »

Checking my entitlement list on the Government License Checker on a daily basis to see if my class1 has been reinstated yet

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”