whats the going rate for a tramper going Europe ??? I've been tramping uk but I'd like to go Europe any info greatly

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Allomning

whats the going rate for a tramper going Europe ??? I've been tramping uk but I'd like to go Europe any info greatly

Post by Allomning »

Ok lads and lady's whats the going rate for a tramper going Europe ???
I've been tramping uk but I'd like to go Europe any info greatly appreciated
Belon

Re: whats the going rate for a tramper going Europe ??? I've been tramping uk but I'd like to go Europe any info greatly

Post by Belon »

Pretty much the same money as tramping UK
Darickin

Re: whats the going rate for a tramper going Europe ??? I've been tramping uk but I'd like to go Europe any info greatly

Post by Darickin »

Going rate is the same. More for the experience to be fair.
Callster

Post by Callster »

I work all over Europe my boss has 2 drivers me and another and take about 1400 per week back every 2 weeks for a few days then off again
Floardov

Post by Floardov »

Callster wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:11 pm I work all over Europe my boss has 2 drivers me and another and take about 1400 per week back every 2 weeks for a few days then off again
it's worth the lower rate to sleep in relative safety, eat well, see some fantastic sights and generally spend less money.
As opposed to not sleeping due to concern of UK crime, having to sleep in a piss stinking lay-by on the side of the road, and spend a small fortune having no choice but to eat nothing but shit from service stations and truckstops that have dog food boiling on a bamberie all day.
Chimbersi

Post by Chimbersi »

Callster wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:11 pm I work all over Europe my boss has 2 drivers me and another and take about 1400 per week back every 2 weeks for a few days then off again
yeah that's how I read it too. Then someone comes along and says it's a crap rate.
Floardov

Post by Floardov »

Depends who you work for, just like the UK really.
Most folk on continental work don't go for the money, you go as its a far better way of life, more relaxed and far superior amenities and food. As well as being paid to sight see places folk pay a small fortune to go on holiday at.
Arionant

Post by Arionant »

Give Ontime automotive a ring, most of the European work comes out at 40k plus
Dorrist

Post by Dorrist »

Wages may not be very different but the way you are treated will open your eyes,
Freezinglyti

Post by Freezinglyti »

Hell I was on £350 a week before tax and when weekended £35 a day. But I loved the job. And! My motor was a T reg EC11. I did it for the love of the job, and the places I was "paid" to deliver to...... That's why at 68, I'm back doing what I love to do. Driving a truck.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”