Would anyone else here be a Drayman/Driver for 35k a year?? HR at my place reckon everyone will be jumping at the

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
CincoIssue

Would anyone else here be a Drayman/Driver for 35k a year?? HR at my place reckon everyone will be jumping at the

Post by CincoIssue »

Would anyone else here be a Drayman/Driver for 35k a year??
HR at my place reckon everyone will be jumping at the chance And they wonder why everyone is leaving…
BlondieFortune

Re: Would anyone else here be a Drayman/Driver for 35k a year?? HR at my place reckon everyone will be jumping at the

Post by BlondieFortune »

Worked at tradeteam shepcot lane for 3 year great set of lads was job and knock never really used to finish late early starts early finishes but what I’ve heard recently lads are getting planned 13-15 hour days no thanks back wouldn’t last 2 year at that rate
EatsBleak

Re: Would anyone else here be a Drayman/Driver for 35k a year?? HR at my place reckon everyone will be jumping at the

Post by EatsBleak »

I did 3.5 years in the game, 2.5 for Carlsberg and final year with TT when they took over the secondary distribution, was a grand job till they came in and upped the work and cut the money! I remember the days when 10 hours was a hard day! Then when TT came, you’d done good to be finished in 10! Weeks would start off 10/11 hours, and ya last two days guarantee would turn into 15’s! Fuck that right off, if the money went up and the hours came back down I’d definitely go back to it as the lads you get to work with are absolutely class! Get a decent mate beside ya and you’ll have a right day! But 35k isn’t worth the hard graft you have to put in to get the job done if you ask me
ParisDiary

Post by ParisDiary »

I did it for 12 years. You sign all the paperwork to say you’ll adhere to the H&S guidelines, then once you’re out on the road, you’ll be expected to flout every single one of those guidelines on a daily basis. A huge percentage of the customers are arseholes, not proper landlords anymore, just tenants! In this current climate, they’ll take the absolute piss out of you, not much product going in each pub, but dozens and dozens of drops. It really has turned into a shite job!
Herscul

Post by Herscul »

ParisDiary wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:47 am I did it for 12 years. You sign all the paperwork to say you’ll adhere to the H&S guidelines, then once you’re out on the road, you’ll be expected to flout every single one of those guidelines on a daily basis. A huge percentage of the customers are arseholes, not proper landlords anymore, just tenants! In this current climate, they’ll take the absolute piss out of you, not much product going in each pub, but dozens and dozens of drops. It really has turned into a shite job!
you left when it was carlsberg's yard at tingley didn't ya ,you never worked for tradeteam
ParisDiary

Post by ParisDiary »

ParisDiary wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:47 am I did it for 12 years. You sign all the paperwork to say you’ll adhere to the H&S guidelines, then once you’re out on the road, you’ll be expected to flout every single one of those guidelines on a daily basis. A huge percentage of the customers are arseholes, not proper landlords anymore, just tenants! In this current climate, they’ll take the absolute piss out of you, not much product going in each pub, but dozens and dozens of drops. It really has turned into a shite job!
I hung it out for 12 month once TT took over, just to get my full money. Devious, deceptive, dishonest people.
Herscul

Post by Herscul »

never a true word said there pal ,I was referring to the 35k a year five years ago, not the 27 tt was paying
CooledTicko

Post by CooledTicko »

did 12 years tradeteam salfords when I left they said grass ain’t always greener. So glad I left the grass is so fucking green and wouldn’t get out of bed for that shit
Herscul

Post by Herscul »

I did both kndl and carlsberg's, tradeteam for 15 years both agy and fill time glad I got out of the job
Eternale

Post by Eternale »

The managers are the arseholes, the tenants are getting royally screwed by the landlords.
ParisDiary

Post by ParisDiary »

From my experiences, some of the tenants are scumbags as well! I’ve delivered to numerous accounts for months on end, copious amounts of stock… turned up one week… everything gone, stock, bandit money, furnishings, the lot, midnight flit!
Eternale

Post by Eternale »

The same from my experience, there’s always a few wrong uns.
The brewery trade was buggered, once the monopolies and mergers committee got involved.
ParisDiary

Post by ParisDiary »

Only interested in property though! Didn’t matter one jot to them if it was a pub, a shop, a brothel… as long as they owned it. If they weren’t concerned about keeping the pubs alive, it was bound to go downhill.
Eternale

Post by Eternale »

Again monopolies and mergers, the loss making pubs were kept afloat by the profit makers, when they were all under the big breweries.
I guess it would’ve happened eventually, when the big boys bought in better accounting practices.
It really went tits up when the big hedge funds started buying into the breweries.
It’s a shame but there you go.
Perfector

Post by Perfector »

Don’t go near it, I was at trade team Knowsley, Liverpool absolutely flogged to death whilst those in the ‘coffee club’ were doing fine.
Ran out of the door in late 05 to then Somerfield also on the DHL contract, loved it, then transferred to the co op, trade team is a shit job with no support, I tell anyone who asks me that I would sooner sweep the streets than go back to that mind numbing job.
CincoIssue

Post by CincoIssue »

Perfector wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:12 am Don’t go near it, I was at trade team Knowsley, Liverpool absolutely flogged to death whilst those in the ‘coffee club’ were doing fine.
Ran out of the door in late 05 to then Somerfield also on the DHL contract, loved it, then transferred to the co op, trade team is a shit job with no support, I tell anyone who asks me that I would sooner sweep the streets than go back to that mind numbing job.
Been doing it for the last 3 years, but slowly getting worse and worse. Day by day
Nwafou

Post by Nwafou »

Been there done that got the bumps and bruises and constant back ache and hernia, the traffic wardens pissing you off the land lords being an absolute wank because you are either early or late or no one at the pub when you arrive then as soon as you think you are done the boss is phoning telling you you must go back because the landlord says he was definitely in and you didn't give him time to open up
CincoIssue

Post by CincoIssue »

Nwafou wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:20 am Been there done that got the bumps and bruises and constant back ache and hernia, the traffic wardens pissing you off the land lords being an absolute wank because you are either early or late or no one at the pub when you arrive then as soon as you think you are done the boss is phoning telling you you must go back because the landlord says he was definitely in and you didn't give him time to open up
Summed it up pretty well
Or you get made to wait for an hour for someone to turn up… that happens one too many times.
BuggyPaper

Post by BuggyPaper »

done agency in the 90s for Courage brewery,guy i worked with for the day was Literally throwing the kegs down the hatch where the Landlord was, he shouted up a few expletives and to slow down,i said "yeah slow down will you,what's up with you" he replied he was an ex soldier and hated the irish which the Landlord was, i thought lets hope the other's are English
Arbilu

Post by Arbilu »

There are still a lot of deluded managers around who actually think the job they are offering is the best job around
Ludwor

Post by Ludwor »

Worked at Tradeteam for a few months bloody hard work my drivers mate was only on £10 less than me a day yet I was driving all the time plus extremely poor management & scheduling !! Class 1 drivers on £33k that was 5 yrs ago.
CincoIssue

Post by CincoIssue »

Ludwor wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:24 am Worked at Tradeteam for a few months bloody hard work my drivers mate was only on £10 less than me a day yet I was driving all the time plus extremely poor management & scheduling !! Class 1 drivers on £33k that was 5 yrs ago.
It’s not much better now, on 40k now down here.
Our ‘mates’ are on 21!
Company won’t change their job title to drayman as they would have to pay for more.
Stlugg

Post by Stlugg »

I worked for Tradeteam for little over 30k I thought that was good as it was the highest paid job I ever had but wasn’t worth putting up with dickhead management!
CincoIssue

Post by CincoIssue »

Stlugg wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:26 am I worked for Tradeteam for little over 30k I thought that was good as it was the highest paid job I ever had but wasn’t worth putting up with dickhead management!
Used to love the job, now it’s become ridiculous. Mentally and physical drained everyday.
20+ drops every day.
Stlugg

Post by Stlugg »

Stlugg wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:26 am I worked for Tradeteam for little over 30k I thought that was good as it was the highest paid job I ever had but wasn’t worth putting up with dickhead management!
you’re joking? That’s mad mate! We only used to get 8-15 a day don’t know what it’s like now I heard they have lost half the workers due to management! people who have been the 20+ years! Look after yourself mate!
CincoIssue

Post by CincoIssue »

Wish I was, had 20 today and had to go back to the first customer because they wasn’t in and informed we was going there today because of the bank holiday…
Yeah, we’re 80% agency at the minute.
You too bro

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”