Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
CorChell

Re: Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes

Post by CorChell »

Put an age limit on it, I'm approaching 60, don’t need to be taught how to s**k eggs, CPC melts me
geonewc99

Re: Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:57 pm Put an age limit on it, I'm approaching 60, don’t need to be taught how to s**k eggs, CPC melts me
why put an age on it?
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:57 pm
CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:57 pm Put an age limit on it, I'm approaching 60, don’t need to be taught how to s**k eggs, CPC melts me
why put an age on it?
fair enough, but would be a starting point to get it done away with
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:58 pm
why put an age on it?
I don’t think it should be done away with tbh. We can all learn something at any age or with any level of experience
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:58 pm

why put an age on it?
I don’t think it should be done away with tbh. We can all learn something at any age or with any level of experience
we shall agree to disagree, cpc was just put upon drivers, I passed my test in 1984 and have been driving ever since, I don’t need some classroom taught person teaching me and I’ll say it again how to s**k eggs
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

we shall agree to disagree, cpc was just put upon drivers, I passed my test in 1984 and have been driving ever since, I don’t need some classroom taught person teaching me and I’ll say it again how to s**k eggs
so I’m guessing you know everything? There’s been a few changes since 1984 and as for those ‘classroom taught people’ lots of them have vast experience in driving too. Then there’s the courses they sit to be approved by dvsa to deliver the cpc course.
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:59 pm

so I’m guessing you know everything? There’s been a few changes since 1984 and as for those ‘classroom taught people’ lots of them have vast experience in driving too. Then there’s the courses they sit to be approved by dvsa to deliver the cpc course.
never said I knew everything, but you can’t buy or pay for experience, obviously you’re a new start who needs all the tuition money can buy
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:59 pm

never said I knew everything, but you can’t buy or pay for experience, obviously you’re a new start who needs all the tuition money can buy
I guess I am then. But if you keep the attitude that you have then you’ll never learn anything. Obviously
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:00 pm

I guess I am then. But if you keep the attitude that you have then you’ll never learn anything. Obviously
what a load of bollocks, keep on doing and paying for the courses lad.
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:00 pm

I pay for none and I get paid for doing them. And delivering them. I hope it stays forever.
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:01 pm

I pay for none and I get paid for doing them. And delivering them. I hope it stays forever.
seems Im in a no win situation here, all I can say is I’ve been driving HGV for 40years now without any serious incident, if you need taught like a primary school pupil, well what can I say
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:01 pm

seems Im in a no win situation here, all I can say is I’ve been driving HGV for 40years now without any serious incident, if you need taught like a primary school pupil, well what can I say
everyone’s a winner through learning. Here’s hoping you have many more. The rules change all of the time and not everyone stays up to date of their own choosing.
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:02 pm

everyone’s a winner through learning. Here’s hoping you have many more. The rules change all of the time and not everyone stays up to date of their own choosing.
that’s what’s wrong in my mind, to many rules, folk with no practical experience making rules, but here lad knock yourself out, some day you’ll be the best qualified man in the cemetery
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:03 pm

that’s what’s wrong in my mind, to many rules, folk with no practical experience making rules, but here lad knock yourself out, some day you’ll be the best qualified man in the cemetery
we’ll all be equal then. Poor. Rich. Thick. Educated. But if I’m wiser for trying before I go then I’ll be happy. In the meantime you just carry on getting by. Good luck.
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:03 pm

we’ll all be equal then. Poor. Rich. Thick. Educated. But if I’m wiser for trying before I go then I’ll be happy. In the meantime you just carry on getting by. Good luck.
you’re what’s wrong lad, need baby sat from you get up in the morning
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:04 pm

and now the cheap insults. There’s your level of intelligence. Good bye.
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:04 pm

good night
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:05 pm

good night
ha ha. Thicker than a castle wall. See ya
CorChell

Post by CorChell »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:05 pm

good night
keep your education up lad, you’ve a way to go
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:06 pm

good night
ya can’t polish a turd mate. Maybe that’s why you struggle
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:06 pm
CorChell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:06 pm

ya can’t polish a turd mate. Maybe that’s why you struggle
your attitude is the problem
EsseEsp

Post by EsseEsp »

The amount of drivers that believe the following example is illegal gives evidence that we need to retain DCPC training;
6 hours work
15 minute break
6 hours work
15 minute break
2h14m work
15 minute break
1 minute work
End Shift.
john4Run

Post by john4Run »

You can do exactly that. Just don’t turn up for work and don’t attend a dcpc course…
You will do it anyway so you’re reminded of how useless you are and that you don’t know much about the driving and working rules. If you take it all in then good enough for you…
Have fun with your 7 hour, Mind numbing, brain dead day 😂😂😂😂
ChrChange

Post by ChrChange »

Should only be for new drivers, and maybe one day every 5 years, or half a day every year or two, just to go over new legislation, hours etc, just the basics, not what frixxin fire extinguisher puts out various fires, 😀
bootLink

Post by bootLink »

There’s no way the tosser in government are going to scrap c p c it’s another form of tax and it keeps quiet a few lazy bastards sat on their arses as we have to put up with the sh*t
EmbEmery

Post by EmbEmery »

There are changes being put forward but processes need checking first. For now though, 5x 7 hour classroom time is required.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”