Hi, Just need some guidance if I'm in the right path to gathering my evidence please part i. I'm going to send

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
LiamGot

Hi, Just need some guidance if I'm in the right path to gathering my evidence please part i. I'm going to send

Post by LiamGot »

Hi, Just need some guidance if I'm in the right path to gathering my evidence please
part i. I'm going to send a "blank"? sample PMI safety report + daily vehicle walk around check alongside the maintenance contract with maintenance planner system.
part ii. I will be creating a policy and procedures for the driver licence checks every 6months and sample of the infringement letter to the driver.Do I need to create a download report with missing mileage sample? I will be creating a application form for recruitment of a driver and creating a disciplinary procedure for the driver/manager.
Am I missing anything and what else can I add to to make my case strong please Your help will be highly appreciated and really grateful
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (45.19 KiB) Viewed 428 times
PinAbove

Re: Hi, Just need some guidance if I'm in the right path to gathering my evidence please part i. I'm going to send

Post by PinAbove »

Licence checks are 3 month recommendation from DVSA not 6 month.
Is this for an initial application or an operator currently running?
PinAbove

Re: Hi, Just need some guidance if I'm in the right path to gathering my evidence please part i. I'm going to send

Post by PinAbove »

Sorry answered my own question when I read PROPOSED lol
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:23 pm Sorry answered my own question when I read PROPOSED lol
I will change it for 3 months thank you very much
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

LiamGot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:23 pm
PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:23 pm Sorry answered my own question when I read PROPOSED lol
as for your other question, the TC wants details of the systems you will run so what is the software? Who will download? Who will analyze? How often? How will infringements be communicated? What discipline scale will you have in place? Who checks PMIs for conformity etc.? And so on
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:23 pm
as for your other question, the TC wants details of the systems you will run so what is the software? Who will download? Who will analyze? How often? How will infringements be communicated? What discipline scale will you have in place? Who checks PMIs for conformity etc.? And so on
thank you, will need to start looking for the correct software which makes it easier to communicate with the driver and the transport manager to download the tacho to analyze the data etc.
Thank you so much for the guidance
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

LiamGot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:24 pm

thank you, will need to start looking for the correct software which makes it easier to communicate with the driver and the transport manager to download the tacho to analyze the data etc.
we sell Software for tacho analysis, maintenance and driver walk around checks and automatic licence checking. If Amy of those would be of interest to you please let me know. Good luck.
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 pm

we sell Software for tacho analysis, maintenance and driver walk around checks and automatic licence checking. If Amy of those would be of interest to you please let me know. Good luck.
Okay if you can kindly send me pricing for one vehicle please tacho analysis and walk around checks please
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

LiamGot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 pm

Okay if you can kindly send me pricing for one vehicle please tacho analysis and walk around checks please
can you send me an email address please and I'll send price over this evening when I'm back in the office? Thanks
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

LiamGot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 pm

can you send me an email address please and I'll send price over this evening when I'm back in the office? Thanks
will message you
nicBizarre

Post by nicBizarre »

try smart Analysis they will give you a free trial
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

nicBizarre wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:26 pm try smart Analysis they will give you a free trial
Thank you mate will look into it. Is there anything else you think I will needing that I have missed please?
StrSimmill

Post by StrSimmill »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:22 pm Licence checks are 3 month recommendation from DVSA not 6 month.
Where is this written please? We’re currently 6/3/1 month based on risk, and that matches FORS. If the recommendation is more frequent I’ll have to change our policies and procedures.
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

StrSimmill wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:27 pm
PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:22 pm Licence checks are 3 month recommendation from DVSA not 6 month.
Where is this written please? We’re currently 6/3/1 month based on risk, and that matches FORS. If the recommendation is more frequent I’ll have to change our policies and procedures.
DVSA ER standards are 3 months minimum. I understand your FORS comment as you are correct that is what they require in V6.0
StrSimmill

Post by StrSimmill »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:28 pm
DVSA ER standards are 3 months minimum. I understand your FORS comment as you are correct that is what they require in V6.0
Ah ok, we’re not ER (and no desire to get it). So 6/3/1 months is ok?
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

StrSimmill wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:28 pm

I would take that as the standards DVSA expect. Most (non-ER audits) I've had have expected 3 month frequency. I'll see if I can find where it states it on an official document and share it.
StrSimmill

Post by StrSimmill »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:29 pm

I would take that as the standards DVSA expect. Most (non-ER audits) I've had have expected 3 month frequency. I'll see if I can find where it states it on an official document and share it.
Cheers, would be helpful
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

StrSimmill wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:29 pm

Cheers, would be helpful
Traffic Commissioner Statutory Document 3 - Transport Manager in section under general responsibilities mate.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (210.38 KiB) Viewed 398 times
StrSimmill

Post by StrSimmill »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:30 pm

Cheers, would be helpful
Traffic Commissioner Statutory Document 3 - Transport Manager in section under general responsibilities mate.
Cheers
caystarcu01

Post by caystarcu01 »

StrSimmill wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:31 pm
PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:30 pm

Cheers, would be helpful
Cheers
it’s not 6/3/1. It’s 3/2/1. Based on risk of points.
caystarcu01

Post by caystarcu01 »

Driving Licence checks are on risk based system. 0 points = 3 monthly. 3 -6 points = 2 monthly and >6 = monthly.
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

caystarcu01 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:31 pm Driving Licence checks are on risk based system. 0 points = 3 monthly. 3 -6 points = 2 monthly and >6 = monthly.
thank you for that will be adding it on the policy and procedures
caystarcu01

Post by caystarcu01 »

LiamGot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:32 pm
caystarcu01 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:31 pm Driving Licence checks are on risk based system. 0 points = 3 monthly. 3 -6 points = 2 monthly and >6 = monthly.
you seem to be getting advice on being called for Public Inquiry. I’ve done a large number of PI’s both on DVSA side and as a consultant, my advice is to read throughly through the call-up file and pay particular attention to the request for information by the OTC. You must provide this. It’s also advisable to get the operator to add a potted history of how the business began, what has been accomplished, and the impact on any penalty that may be imposed like curtailment, suspension or revocation. Add how many people would be affected by any revocation as well. If you can book the operator on a operator refresher course OLAT. Include any improvements the operator has made, especially since any DVSA visit where DVSA asked for a response from the operator to any short comings. Financial information also needs to be provided in the company name. I would strongly advise that if you believe or you have a call up notice from the Office of the Traffic Commissioner you get some really good advice, be that by a really good consultant or a transport solicitor. Hope all turns out well.
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

caystarcu01 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:32 pm
LiamGot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:32 pm
you seem to be getting advice on being called for Public Inquiry. I’ve done a large number of PI’s both on DVSA side and as a consultant, my advice is to read throughly through the call-up file and pay particular attention to the request for information by the OTC. You must provide this. It’s also advisable to get the operator to add a potted history of how the business began, what has been accomplished, and the impact on any penalty that may be imposed like curtailment, suspension or revocation. Add how many people would be affected by any revocation as well. If you can book the operator on a operator refresher course OLAT. Include any improvements the operator has made, especially since any DVSA visit where DVSA asked for a response from the operator to any short comings. Financial information also needs to be provided in the company name. I would strongly advise that if you believe or you have a call up notice from the Office of the Traffic Commissioner you get some really good advice, be that by a really good consultant or a transport solicitor. Hope all turns out well.
thank you for the advice and guidance appreciate it
NichThug

Post by NichThug »

it looks like you or the operator have been called to a public inquiry....correct me if I'm wrong??
Putting systems in place now is fine, but the evidence they want is records of your systems that are already in place.
Whatever the "identified failings" are, should be focussed on, but don't leave anything to be assumed, or questioned on the day.
1. If you haven't already, get legal representation. Your operator licence and good repute are at risk.
2. If you need assistance with gathering the evidence and preparing for this, there are people on this group that I'm sure will be offer services to help.
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

NichThug wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:33 pm it looks like you or the operator have been called to a public inquiry....correct me if I'm wrong??
Putting systems in place now is fine, but the evidence they want is records of your systems that are already in place.
Whatever the "identified failings" are, should be focussed on, but don't leave anything to be assumed, or questioned on the day.
1. If you haven't already, get legal representation. Your operator licence and good repute are at risk.
2. If you need assistance with gathering the evidence and preparing for this, there are people on this group that I'm sure will be offer services to help.
I think it's a new application as it states what proposed systems for .....
Thats my take on it anyway
NichThug

Post by NichThug »

PinAbove wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:34 pm
NichThug wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:33 pm it looks like you or the operator have been called to a public inquiry....correct me if I'm wrong??
it's odd though as it says there are identified failings....maybe precious licence or repute issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
Either way....they need to deal with this carefully...and quickly!
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

NichThug wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:34 pm
it's odd though as it says there are identified failings....maybe precious licence or repute issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
it's a new application and didn't think legal advice would be required but may look into it , Thank you
NichThug

Post by NichThug »

LiamGot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:35 pm
NichThug wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:34 pm

it's a new application and didn't think legal advice would be required but may look into it , Thank you
it is a public inquiry though isn't it? Sorry, a bit of guess work here, but public inquiry is no joke. Legal representation, or at least the assistant of a good consultant. Plenty on here willing to assist, I would recommend it 👌🏻
HollRida

Post by HollRida »

Much of the evidence of “systems” being requested can be answered & evidenced by using a SaaS Analysis tool such as TruTac. It is not enough to show that you have what the commissioner is asking for, but to show how you, the TM will effectively & continuously manage these systems & how your operator has effective quality monitoring systems in place. Also try to show that both yourself & the operator communicate well together and work as a team. Good luck if you’re in front of who I think you’re in front of… “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, I do like to be beside the sea…” 😜
olunicte67

Post by olunicte67 »

HollRida wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:36 pm Much of the evidence of “systems” being requested can be answered & evidenced by using a SaaS Analysis tool such as TruTac. It is not enough to show that you have what the commissioner is asking for, but to show how you, the TM will effectively & continuously manage these systems & how your operator has effective quality monitoring systems in place. Also try to show that both yourself & the operator communicate well together and work as a team. Good luck if you’re in front of who I think you’re in front of… “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, I do like to be beside the sea…” 😜
How does the old seaside tune relate to any of these names? Gerallt Evans, Kevin Rooney, Sarah Bell, Richard Turfitt Tim Blackmore, Miles Dorrington, Claire Gilmore, Victoria Davies
HollRida

Post by HollRida »

olunicte67 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:37 pm
HollRida wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:36 pm Much of the evidence of “systems” being requested can be answered & evidenced by using a SaaS Analysis tool such as TruTac. It is not enough to show that you have what the commissioner is asking for, but to show how you, the TM will effectively & continuously manage these systems & how your operator has effective quality monitoring systems in place. Also try to show that both yourself & the operator communicate well together and work as a team. Good luck if you’re in front of who I think you’re in front of… “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, I do like to be beside the sea…” 😜
How does the old seaside tune relate to any of these names? Gerallt Evans, Kevin Rooney, Sarah Bell, Richard Turfitt Tim Blackmore, Miles Dorrington, Claire Gilmore, Victoria Davies
There’s only one office in a popular seaside resort so far as I know… 👍
Keaterrame

Post by Keaterrame »

The “calling” letter is very specific in what docs to send and for what date range.
The TC wont be interested in new procedures, they will be looking at what was in place around the time if the reason for the calling.
By all means, include procedures that have been implemented as a result of the reason for the calling, but dont try to dress them up as always been in use or you will have to explain why they failed.
Good luck, and PM me if you need help (foc)
PinAbove

Post by PinAbove »

Keaterrame wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:38 pm The “calling” letter is very specific in what docs to send and for what date range.
The TC wont be interested in new procedures, they will be looking at what was in place around the time if the reason for the calling.
By all means, include procedures that have been implemented as a result of the reason for the calling, but dont try to dress them up as always been in use or you will have to explain why they failed.
it does state proposed systems so this maybe a new application that has been referred to PI?
LiamGot

Post by LiamGot »

Keaterrame wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:38 pm The “calling” letter is very specific in what docs to send and for what date range.
thank you but it's a new application therefore nothing in place beforehand I'm assuming they want to check if everything is in place to start the business
lesPower

Post by lesPower »

Looks like you’ve had a compliance intervention. If you need help I’m a very experienced consultant (degree qualified) specializing in this type of problem. Feel free to give me a shout on pm.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”