Just a tacho question? The scenario is - Work starts at 6:30 I arrive at 6:20 and discuss run with manager before

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
LongRpg

Re: Just a tacho question? The scenario is - Work starts at 6:30 I arrive at 6:20 and discuss run with manager before

Post by LongRpg »

Your tacho has to show what you have done 24/7 either work or rest
Ianphally70

Re: Just a tacho question? The scenario is - Work starts at 6:30 I arrive at 6:20 and discuss run with manager before

Post by Ianphally70 »

Do you use clock cards or time sheets they need to match
dannEasy

Post by dannEasy »

Technically that’s other work mate, I’d be booking every second your there! Don’t work for free
HanYour

Post by HanYour »

I hope this helps. It’s based on fact. I am going back to the previous shift also.
Tuesday remove card eh 1700. Debrief at 1700 to 1710.
Rest until 0620 as you were discussing work. You need to do the following.
On Wednesday you insert card and when asked if u want to do a manual entry you select yes.
you roll back to Tuesday 1700 and record other work until tuesday at 1710. Then
Record rest until Wednesday 0620.
Then
Record other work Wednesday 0620-0630.
Your card records Wednesday activities.
Remove card on Wednesday.
On Thursday morning select manual entry yes.
Roll back to Wednesday 1600 and record other work to 1615. Followed by your rest between Wednesday 1615 to Thursday morning.
The vdu will automatically roll back to last recorded activity.
If you have any doubt of your entries then when it asks to confirm them select no. The vdu will then go back to the beginning and show you your entries.
It is a legal requirement.
It is a level 4 offence if you fail to do so.
Each offence carries a fine of £300.
You can be fined for five offences roadside which total £1500.
Anything more than that and it’s a court case.
You must be able to produce records for the previous 28 days.
You can also leave your card in the vdu if it is accurately recording your activities.
DecGrand

Post by DecGrand »

The company I'm with now require my timesheet to emulate my Tacho. Get a diary and record every stop, break, load, it'll keep you straight. And Manual entry for this is a must.
flinBerlin

Post by flinBerlin »

Imagine working for a company that made you do this and docked your wages the 10 mins if you didn’t put it down.
I wouldn’t make the end of the week 👋
GarryFree

Post by GarryFree »

Supposing i was rostered for 04.00.I would get in at say 03.50.Get paperwork and dip my card. I would get to the truck and put manual entry back to 04.00 scheduled start time. And when i took card out at end of shift would do manual entry next morning for debrief which was 15 mins.
JeffAlpha

Post by JeffAlpha »

GarryFree wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:57 am Supposing i was rostered for 04.00.I would get in at say 03.50.Get paperwork and dip my card. I would get to the truck and put manual entry back to 04.00 scheduled start time. And when i took card out at end of shift would do manual entry next morning for debrief which was 15 mins.
If your dipping your card at 3.50.
You should be making a manual entry for that.
If pulled, it would show you was working. But you haven't put it on your card.
adyggeens33

Post by adyggeens33 »

Its very much a legal requirement. I often have to wait for a lorry at the start of a shift, so I do a manual entry. other work from when I start for 5 or 6 minutes then poa until the lorry gets back, which as its on a tracker, the office is pretty accurate with. Then a manual entry at the end of shift as I have to handover and debrief. As has already been said, every minute has to be accounted for.
tomsDarth

Post by tomsDarth »

As it stands now with M E if you booked to start and finish at the times (ie) getting paid from them times then YES
RobeCobe

Post by RobeCobe »

It's a legal requirement. You have to account for all 24 hours.
LongRpg

Post by LongRpg »

RobeCobe wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:08 am It's a legal requirement. You have to account for all 24 hours.
I've just retired after almost 50 years in the industry and I have never done a manual entry ?????
Been stopped by vosa/dvds whoever, never had a problem.
Put it in when you start, take it out when you finish,
RobeCobe

Post by RobeCobe »

LongRpg wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:08 am
RobeCobe wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:08 am It's a legal requirement. You have to account for all 24 hours.
I've just retired after almost 50 years in the industry and I have never done a manual entry ?????
Been stopped by vosa/dvds whoever, never had a problem.
Put it in when you start, take it out when you finish,
They have got alot stricter recently. A new rule change made it a legal requirement to account for all your time if you are driving a HGV as your primary vocation. They will be looking for manual entries at the beginning and end of your duty. People are free to ignore my advice if they want but I prefer if people are fully informed then they can make their own choice!
dannEasy

Post by dannEasy »

It it’s paid time then yeah legal requirement to do the manual entry
ChBrilliant

Post by ChBrilliant »

Yes, it's a legal requirement.
BrianMade

Post by BrianMade »

I hope none of you are on daily rest now, cos if you are, you're now talking about work....🫣
adyggeens33

Post by adyggeens33 »

BrianMade wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:27 am I hope none of you are on daily rest now, cos if you are, you're now talking about work....🫣
talking about work doesn’t constitute working time if you are doing it of you own free will!!!
BrianMade

Post by BrianMade »

adyggeens33 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:28 am
BrianMade wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:27 am I hope none of you are on daily rest now, cos if you are, you're now talking about work....🫣
talking about work doesn’t constitute working time if you are doing it of you own free will!!!
🫣😂😂😂
seanNote

Post by seanNote »

Remember to do a manual entry if your take a shit before starting work
edfmantion67

Post by edfmantion67 »

seanNote wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:29 am Remember to do a manual entry if your take a shit before starting work
love that 😂
WoodRazu

Post by WoodRazu »

Never done a manual entry in my life
andyMingro

Post by andyMingro »

It's a legal requirement that you do a manual entry every start of shift and you must record debriefing from the day before
BlackPong

Post by BlackPong »

It is a legal requirement but what happens it the end of the month is at weekend?
DecGrand

Post by DecGrand »

BlackPong wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:36 am It is a legal requirement but what happens it the end of the month is at weekend?
When doing your manual entry, OK for the day first, then change the month to the present one, press back key to change back to the day flashing, then change the day. Hope that makes sense. Same if at the end of the year, just press ok twice to get to the year flashing, change the year to the previous one, then press back key to change the month, then press back key to change the day, then press ok twice to make your next manual entry for the current year.
rogerAuger

Post by rogerAuger »

Simple way for me my tacho time matches my clock in and clock out times, which involves one manual entry at the beginning of each shift.
Paulettena

Post by Paulettena »

How many cpcs have you been on
gregSeen

Post by gregSeen »

What happens if you mess your manual entry up and your company operates a system that you get infringements?
StyxStepp

Post by StyxStepp »

If you are getting paid for your time you must enter it has other work.
kozywest55

Post by kozywest55 »

Leave this job for yours and other safety
procHaro

Post by procHaro »

It’s a legal requirement all work must be logged
JackSincere

Post by JackSincere »

how do you go about this problem?
gaviTeenz

Post by gaviTeenz »

JackSincere wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:49 am how do you go about this problem?
it is very important to do the manual entry every day...if you are stopped by the dvsa and you haven't done manual entry, they will get armed police asap and put you in the crowbar hotel and throw the key away!!!!!

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”