The topic of conversation at present seems to be the lack of jobs on cx, low prices and cowboys. People have replied

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Simo2Tab

The topic of conversation at present seems to be the lack of jobs on cx, low prices and cowboys. People have replied

Post by Simo2Tab »

The topic of conversation at present seems to be the lack of jobs on cx, low prices and cowboys. People have replied saying get your own clients, yes agreed but not easy. Other people have mentioned different platforms, ok what are they?? No one will tell you! Come on guys help out the honest ones of us who are trying to make money while doing it right and honestly. All advice is welcome but if you’re going to insult or put people down then please don’t comment. PM me if you genuinely know of a decent platform. Cheers.
FoxPhreek

Re: The topic of conversation at present seems to be the lack of jobs on cx, low prices and cowboys. People have replied

Post by FoxPhreek »

75% hard work - 25% blind luck.
Everybody's experience is different, there is no magical route to success. Some work their bollocks off and fail anyway, some just sit on their hands and hope for the best, and some could fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling of roses
One things for sure, nobody's gunna do it for you.
ashnius01

Re: The topic of conversation at present seems to be the lack of jobs on cx, low prices and cowboys. People have replied

Post by ashnius01 »

You're actually asking folk to give you access to their route to their customers. Why do you suppose they're reluctant to do that?
Go build your own business like everyone else.
Simo2Tab

Post by Simo2Tab »

ashnius01 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:23 pm You're actually asking folk to give you access to their route to their customers. Why do you suppose they're reluctant to do that?
if you can’t offer advice in a nice manner don’t bother.
ashnius01

Post by ashnius01 »

Simo2Tab wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:23 pm
ashnius01 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:23 pm You're actually asking folk to give you access to their route to their customers. Why do you suppose they're reluctant to do that?
if you can't develop your own business, get a job.
Simo2Tab

Post by Simo2Tab »

ashnius01 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:23 pm
arsehole
ashnius01

Post by ashnius01 »

Simo2Tab wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:24 pm
ashnius01 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:23 pm

arsehole
and you were the one looking for a " nice manner".
You clearly aren't going to make it in business so best take my advice and get a job.
wilContent

Post by wilContent »

Why would anyone help these days as soon as they tell you what platforms they use to get work they are just going to get undercut.
DecGrand

Post by DecGrand »

Just don’t insult them when they offer suggestions
craCritic8

Post by craCritic8 »

We have a cracking whatts app group with around 280 couriers helping each other with jobs and other things and it's free pm me if you want the link
tomsDarth

Post by tomsDarth »

Research for 6 month is what I did before getting my first van. Now it seems you buy and van and then ask everyone one for help and work and rates. I see a lot of bad and good on cx . Plus silly low and mega high prices. This year is a hard year , customers are looking for different ways to save costs. This is what other don’t see that don’t have there own work. This week I posted on cx 113 mile 60 kg 2 m long pallet for swb had prices from £100 to £270 . How are people so far out ?? Couple of years ago difference would only be £20/50 lowest to highest. I’ve lost customers to cheaper prices then come back because of poor service late deliveries and damaged goods.
Everyone different in how they learn and get customers. But keeping customers is even harder
RobeCobe

Post by RobeCobe »

tomsDarth wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:28 pm Research for 6 month is what I did before getting my first van. Now it seems you buy and van and then ask everyone one for help and work and rates. I see a lot of bad and good on cx . Plus silly low and mega high prices. This year is a hard year , customers are looking for different ways to save costs. This is what other don’t see that don’t have there own work. This week I posted on cx 113 mile 60 kg 2 m long pallet for swb had prices from £100 to £270 . How are people so far out ?? Couple of years ago difference would only be £20/50 lowest to highest. I’ve lost customers to cheaper prices then come back because of poor service late deliveries and damaged goods.
Everyone different in how they learn and get customers. But keeping customers is even harder
Sent you a PM mate.
porrewinp22

Post by porrewinp22 »

tomsDarth wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:28 pm Research for 6 month is what I did before getting my first van. Now it seems you buy and van and then ask everyone one for help and work and rates. I see a lot of bad and good on cx . Plus silly low and mega high prices. This year is a hard year , customers are looking for different ways to save costs. This is what other don’t see that don’t have there own work. This week I posted on cx 113 mile 60 kg 2 m long pallet for swb had prices from £100 to £270 . How are people so far out ?? Couple of years ago difference would only be £20/50 lowest to highest. I’ve lost customers to cheaper prices then come back because of poor service late deliveries and damaged goods.
£20-50 for 113 miles, so you're saying £10-25 a pallet, based on them prices you'd have to deliver 30 pallets a day and would end up all round the UK doing 300-400 miles a day to make any money
LindKino

Post by LindKino »

porrewinp22 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:29 pm
£20-50 for 113 miles, so you're saying £10-25 a pallet, based on them prices you'd have to deliver 30 pallets a day and would end up all round the UK doing 300-400 miles a day to make any money
I think he means the total price difference used to be £20-£50 not the actual price for 113 miles.
tomsDarth

Post by tomsDarth »

no I mean a difference from lowest to highest of £20/50 . Now the difference can be anything over £100 difference prices
porrewinp22

Post by porrewinp22 »

tomsDarth wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:30 pm
no I mean a difference from lowest to highest of £20/50 . Now the difference can be anything over £100 difference prices
ok yes I misunderstood what you meant
tomsDarth

Post by tomsDarth »

porrewinp22 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:31 pm

I just don’t understand people’s pricing at the mo. Fuel is cheap and they pricing higher than before. I’ve had small vans pricing over £2 a mile before now. That’s not even a Friday. I had a job 12 kg a box, 78 miles Friday lunchtime £75 to £300 how can people even think someone will pay £300
Simo2Tab

Post by Simo2Tab »

tomsDarth wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:32 pm

I just don’t understand people’s pricing at the mo. Fuel is cheap and they pricing higher than before. I’ve had small vans pricing over £2 a mile before now. That’s not even a Friday. I had a job 12 kg a box, 78 miles Friday lunchtime £75 to £300 how can people even think someone will pay £300
if i get £1 a mile im happy 😃.
tomsDarth

Post by tomsDarth »

Simo2Tab wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:32 pm

I pay that for a small van most of the time mate, I don’t mind good people for a good service
Simo2Tab

Post by Simo2Tab »

tomsDarth wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:33 pm

I pay that for a small van most of the time mate, I don’t mind good people for a good service
i wish there were more people like you. 👍
tomsDarth

Post by tomsDarth »

Simo2Tab wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:33 pm

Got to be fair in life to normal good people
alanGallon

Post by alanGallon »

Simo2Tab wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:33 pm

Got to be fair in life to normal good people
I did fork lift truck jobs on agencies why saving up money doing research into vans, pricing, trying to get contacts gave out about 100 cards before I even had van on road, been nearly 4years building up reputation and am just starting to see rewards for being hard working and 100% committed
mickMage

Post by mickMage »

Current economic conditions mean less work which drives lower rates as more competition for work ( plus load more vans around looking as many brought vans as an easy way to being a millionaire 🤣🤣 over last few years ) same happened in haulage as many saw that as an easy money maker whilst demand was high up until 6 months ago now demand is low and the easy work trunking has gone many of those looking for work as well
QuicSoft

Post by QuicSoft »

"Not easy" those 2 words tell us all we need to know
if it was easy then any muppet could do it, and they can't
being in business is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. if you want to get rich quick, marry an heiress
on a serious note, get away from your phone and "platforms" they are for lazy people, get off your arse and do some real face to face selling, create your own decent website, get active on social media, sign your vans, wear logo'ed clothing....PROMOTE yourself to real clients, not other couriers.
seanNote

Post by seanNote »

My advice would be to ignore all the YouTube couriers giving you their expert input. In my opinion they are largely responsible for where the industry is at right now,and not in a good way. They’ve had a genuinely negative impact all for the sake of ego and a few likes or followers. Just work hard, then work harder and then work harder again. Things level themselves out. But as said above, luck is a huge factor.
JeffAlpha

Post by JeffAlpha »

seanNote wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:39 pm My advice would be to ignore all the YouTube couriers giving you their expert input. In my opinion they are largely responsible for where the industry is at right now,and not in a good way. They’ve had a genuinely negative impact all for the sake of ego and a few likes or followers. Just work hard, then work harder and then work harder again. Things level themselves out. But as said above, luck is a huge factor.
Tbh everyone is responsible for the state we found ourselves into right now.. and that applies to all industries.. everyone sells you dreams, because that’s everyone’s dream, to get rich easy or just dreaming! If they sell you the truth mostly can’t deal with it..
Simo2Tab

Post by Simo2Tab »

Ffs I’m not asking for your contacts I’m asking if there are other platforms like CX if thats to much to ask and it bothers then keep your comments to yourself.
FoxPhreek

Post by FoxPhreek »

Simo2Tab wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:40 pm Ffs I’m not asking for your contacts I’m asking if there are other platforms like CX if thats to much to ask and it bothers then keep your comments to yourself.
in that case the simple answer is you cant build a business based in CX alone, ( from your question my guess is your finding that out first hand)..
CX is however the best platform, in fact its currently the only platform of any real worth. Some people like SCDN, I dont rate it.
There is no magic formula. No platform is a "just add water" solution, and even if somebody was willing to tell you exactly how they built their business ( which they wont) it doesn't mean replicating that would assure you of the same result. In all business as in life generally, good or bad, luck is a massive factor. You have to work hard true, but without at least a little luck hard work alone will never be enough.
Time is also another factor. I have gone from one van to two vans and ten trucks. Great eh? Here's the bad news, it took me 28 years.
Simo2Tab

Post by Simo2Tab »

FoxPhreek wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:42 pm
Simo2Tab wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:40 pm Ffs I’m not asking for your contacts I’m asking if there are other platforms like CX if thats to much to ask and it bothers then keep your comments to yourself.
in that case the simple answer is you cant build a business based in CX alone, ( from your question my guess is your finding that out first hand)..
CX is however the best platform, in fact its currently the only platform of any real worth. Some people like SCDN, I dont rate it.
There is no magic formula. No platform is a "just add water" solution, and even if somebody was willing to tell you exactly how they built their business ( which they wont) it doesn't mean replicating that would assure you of the same result. In all business as in life generally, good or bad, luck is a massive factor. You have to work hard true, but without at least a little luck hard work alone will never be enough.
Time is also another factor. I have gone from one van to two vans and ten trucks. Great eh? Here's the bad news, it took me 28 years.
well we will crack on and try and get a client base. We did have a few but guess what we were undercut. Cheers tho 👍
eadieNeddy

Post by eadieNeddy »

Get yourself registered with a local courier company and see if they will give you regular work in the morning and get yourself back with cx it's what I do and it works well
HanYour

Post by HanYour »

I had the same problem, I offered my services to a shipper, and I got some regular local work a little bit lower than the rate i would like to charge but still acceptable, and I managed to seal an agreement with a private customer who is quite big and he gives me 2 to 3 drops every morning with a good rate... that 2 makes me a little bit more than I used to make as a paye after I deduct the expenses . Above that I hope to get another 100 to 150 a day from cx . Atm I achieve that the 65% of the time... this is what I did and it seems to work a bit.
flinBerlin

Post by flinBerlin »

I definitely wouldn’t recommend hoping to make a living from CX if you have a mortgage and/or family to support.
You need to have your own customers and use CX to get a small payment to help cover costs to return back to base, ready for your next outbound load.
JeffAlpha

Post by JeffAlpha »

There’s alot of information on this group or any transport group regardless .. have to do your own diligence ..Cx covers alot of the market but I suggest partner with someone and test, and go on if you enjoy it..
NelGood

Post by NelGood »

I have had work off there every week day for the past 14 days 17 days in total. I did t get my first job this month until the 6th as my van was off the road having a nox sensor changed £685.
It is what you make it
Ianphally70

Post by Ianphally70 »

You are basically asking your opposition how to do your own job, I'm not being rude, maybe negative but they ain't gonna tell you 🤣
dannEasy

Post by dannEasy »

Guys, If you offer transport to Europe you can check CargoRadar.eu . It is very suitable for vehicles up to 3.5 and 7.5 t for express deliveries
GarryFree

Post by GarryFree »

Hi
Courier expert
SDCN
Delivery app
Then the furniture and ebay ones
Shipley
Bark
Shift
That's what I know of anyway.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”