Heya, wondering if anyone had this situation before: I am currently doing class 2 training, I have to change my

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
ConsRpg

Heya, wondering if anyone had this situation before: I am currently doing class 2 training, I have to change my

Post by ConsRpg »

Heya, wondering if anyone had this situation before: I am currently doing class 2 training, I have to change my driving licence for a provisional. Before this I booked my holiday and I will need my driving licence to drive my car through Europe. Anyone knows if that is still possible with the provisional licence?
YordJide

Re: Heya, wondering if anyone had this situation before: I am currently doing class 2 training, I have to change my

Post by YordJide »

It's not a provisional licence as such, like the green one you get for provisional car, it's still a normal pink card, with the provisional lorry entitlements..
Mine didn't even show the provisional entitlements on the pink card, it only showed online.
Just have to make sure it's back in time for you travelling as the DVLA can be deathly slow 🙈
ConsRpg

Re: Heya, wondering if anyone had this situation before: I am currently doing class 2 training, I have to change my

Post by ConsRpg »

YordJide wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:33 pm It's not a provisional licence as such, like the green one you get for provisional car, it's still a normal pink card, with the provisional lorry entitlements..
Mine didn't even show the provisional entitlements on the pink card, it only showed online.
Just have to make sure it's back in time for you travelling as the DVLA can be deathly slow 🙈
thank you so much. I was a bit worried.
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

ConsRpg wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:33 pm
YordJide wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:33 pm It's not a provisional licence as such, like the green one you get for provisional car, it's still a normal pink card, with the provisional lorry entitlements..
no problems! It can take DVLA a long time to process the application sometimes 🙈 see when you get a new photo card licence, I always hold onto the last one too.
I know it says u must sent old one back, but I've never ever been fined yet, & have never went it back. That way, when you send card away for whatever reason, you still have one to produce if required.
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

YordJide wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:34 pm
no problems! It can take DVLA a long time to process the application sometimes 🙈 see when you get a new photo card licence, I always hold onto the last one too.
I know it says u must sent old one back, but I've never ever been fined yet, & have never went it back. That way, when you send card away for whatever reason, you still have one to produce if required.
thanks for the advice, I will keep that in mind, but I think I need to send it now. Might keep it after, when I get the final licence.
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

ConsRpg wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:35 pm

thanks for the advice, I will keep that in mind, but I think I need to send it now. Might keep it after, when I get the final licence.
yes. I think you have to send it with your application, but remember for future. Good luck
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

YordJide wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:35 pm
ConsRpg wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:35 pm

yes. I think you have to send it with your application, but remember for future. Good luck
thank you
iwnard23

Post by iwnard23 »

Ask the DVLA for a ‘certificate of entitlement’ if your licence isnt back before you need to travel to Europe.
They’re a pain in the arse though.
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

iwnard23 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:37 pm Ask the DVLA for a ‘certificate of entitlement’ if your licence isnt back before you need to travel to Europe.
They’re a pain in the arse though.
thanks, I will give them a call
CameSell

Post by CameSell »

They just send you your licence back. You only get a new one when you pass, you need to check the provisional status online.
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

CameSell wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:38 pm They just send you your licence back. You only get a new one when you pass, you need to check the provisional status online.
great, I was worried i can't drive my car anymore outside the country
nikoffeezi55

Post by nikoffeezi55 »

Only shows provisional lorry license online does not show on card
RaluRaider

Post by RaluRaider »

I applied for it but didn’t return my license the one that comes is exactly the same only shows online that you have provisional entitlement
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

RaluRaider wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:40 pm I applied for it but didn’t return my license the one that comes is exactly the same only shows online that you have provisional entitlement
wish I would have done this 🤦‍♂️. Just sent my licence this morning, hopefully i will get it back in time.
commKino

Post by commKino »

Can we apply or should we apply for an international licence? No idea if that's still a thing but I thought with brexit and all the changes????????

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”