Hi, I’m wondering if someone can forward me the relevant guidance from the TC stating how often an ETM should do,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AlesPinch

Hi, I’m wondering if someone can forward me the relevant guidance from the TC stating how often an ETM should do,

Post by AlesPinch »

Hi, I’m wondering if someone can forward me the relevant guidance from the TC stating how often an ETM should do site visits, as I can’t seem to find it.
Thank you!
EllerDoom

Re: Hi, I’m wondering if someone can forward me the relevant guidance from the TC stating how often an ETM should do,

Post by EllerDoom »

As often as you maintain effective control
AlesPinch

Re: Hi, I’m wondering if someone can forward me the relevant guidance from the TC stating how often an ETM should do,

Post by AlesPinch »

EllerDoom wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:17 pm As often as you maintain effective control
this is exactly what I thought too - but I am in the process of setting up a new O licence and they have stated that how often I visit site is not correct as it “does not line up with relevant guidance from the traffic commissioner”
I have never been able to find said guidance and always believed it to be as often as needed to maintain effective control.
EllerDoom

Post by EllerDoom »

AlesPinch wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:18 pm
EllerDoom wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:17 pm As often as you maintain effective control
this is exactly what I thought too - but I am in the process of setting up a new O licence and they have stated that how often I visit site is not correct as it “does not line up with relevant guidance from the traffic commissioner”
I have never been able to find said guidance and always believed it to be as often as needed to maintain effective control.
stat doc 3 only suggest "minimum" hours per week required based on amount of vehicles.
EllerDoom

Post by EllerDoom »

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-managers
AlesPinch

Post by AlesPinch »

EllerDoom wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:20 pm
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-managers
thank you. I have this document and the hours I have provided are well within what is required.
I think I will be making a phone call to them to get some more info
licament51

Post by licament51 »

You spend sufficient time on Site to maintain continuous and effective control / management of the Licence Undertakings!
KaroDay

Post by KaroDay »

Attachments
Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg (123.49 KiB) Viewed 323 times
AlesPinch

Post by AlesPinch »

KaroDay wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:23 pm...
thank you. I have the hours covered, it is the site visits they are querying
geospee23

Post by geospee23 »

AlesPinch wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:24 pm
thank you. I have the hours covered, it is the site visits they are querying
given it's broken down by week, I would anticipate the TC to expect you to be onsite weekly
licament51

Post by licament51 »

Who is questioning them?
PeterGlitz

Post by PeterGlitz »

Watching with interest but as said above, more details required. Number of vehicles, distance from OC etc?
edgaTins

Post by edgaTins »

I look after 2 licences, 14 trucks on one but its construction/plant hire so takes a lot to keep them in line, I'm there 4 or 5 days a week, the other licence is one truck owner/driver, I visit him every other weekend, go as often as you need and charge by the hour, that encourages them to keep things right
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

How often were you planning a visit? What gets done remotely.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”