Hi, if the max height of a truck or trailer is 13'2" and a bridge is 13'2", can you go under it? I'm assuming the

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
ghuHeaven

Hi, if the max height of a truck or trailer is 13'2" and a bridge is 13'2", can you go under it? I'm assuming the

Post by ghuHeaven »

Hi, if the max height of a truck or trailer is 13'2" and a bridge is 13'2", can you go under it? I'm assuming the answer will be the same if both are 14' or 15'?
ciorrow221

Re: Hi, if the max height of a truck or trailer is 13'2" and a bridge is 13'2", can you go under it? I'm assuming the

Post by ciorrow221 »

Yes you can pass under. The height shown on the bridge is the maximum safe clearance - not the actual height of the bridge which will be very slightly higher than what's shown on the sign.
JassFinal

Re: Hi, if the max height of a truck or trailer is 13'2" and a bridge is 13'2", can you go under it? I'm assuming the

Post by JassFinal »

The height shown is the maximum height, or max clearance. We've a 13ft 9 bridge near us that 2 trucks scrapped at 14.3
That said, I wouldn't fly underneath a bridge of exactly the same height unless I'd measured both the bridge and the trailer myself. Hitting a bridge will cost you many many pounds plus a hgv driving ban.
mihaftexpe

Post by mihaftexpe »

JassFinal wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:40 pm The height shown is the maximum height, or max clearance. We've a 13ft 9 bridge near us that 2 trucks scrapped at 14.3
That said, I wouldn't fly underneath a bridge of exactly the same height unless I'd measured both the bridge and the trailer myself. Hitting a bridge will cost you many many pounds plus a hgv driving ban.
they are also measured from the kerb so if your brave enough you could add 4 inches
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

Yes you depending if there is a curb if NO curb don't bother. Bridge heights are measured from top of a curb
SpStocks

Post by SpStocks »

If you have a midlift make sure its down, or else it will be higher
EllerDoom

Post by EllerDoom »

Get an hgv satnav to navigate round it
ghuHeaven

Post by ghuHeaven »

EllerDoom wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:44 pm Get an hgv satnav to navigate round it
i have got one, tomtom go expert 7, its ok but goes wild sometimes and tries to send you down dumb roads to save half a second on the journey.
licament51

Post by licament51 »

I always add 2inches extra for my safety.
KaroDay

Post by KaroDay »

Yeah, if I'm doubt drop the air from the trailer and lower the unit. I went under a 14'9 bridge with a 14'11" trailer yesterday, the yard guy says they've had 15"3 under it
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

Possibly and maybe probably, just be prepared for a driver conduct hearing and probably looking for a new job

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”