I’ve got a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for. I hope you maybe able to help. I haven’t put my

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
warrBorg

I’ve got a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for. I hope you maybe able to help. I haven’t put my

Post by warrBorg »

I’ve got a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for. I hope you maybe able to help. I haven’t put my card in since November and have been working under domestic hours since driving a van. I’m hoping to get back on the lorries in the near future. When I put my card back in what do I have to put down in terms of manual entries?
BoyZero

Re: I’ve got a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for. I hope you maybe able to help. I haven’t put my

Post by BoyZero »

Card will may not work if been out of use thst long.
warrBorg

Re: I’ve got a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for. I hope you maybe able to help. I haven’t put my

Post by warrBorg »

BoyZero wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:08 pm Card will may not work if been out of use thst long.
I hope it does 😬
AlexCalyx

Post by AlexCalyx »

BoyZero wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:08 pm Card will may not work if been out of use thst long.
not true.
grangShun

Post by grangShun »

why ?
BoyZero

Post by BoyZero »

grangShun wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:12 pm
why ?
just known it happens a few times..
grangShun

Post by grangShun »

BoyZero wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:12 pm
why ?
I don’t think that’s correct. There’s no reason it won’t work even if it hasn’t been used for a while.
BoyZero

Post by BoyZero »

grangShun wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:15 pm
BoyZero wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:12 pm

why ?
I don’t think that’s correct. There’s no reason it won’t work even if it hasn’t been used for a while.
I've said may not, not for definite as have known it happen to a few lads who've not used card for months.
FuncNate

Post by FuncNate »

From what I understand if you’ve got your paper copies of your timesheets for the domestic hrs then you don’t need to do a manual entry.
helRocket

Post by helRocket »

FuncNate wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:17 pm From what I understand if you’ve got your paper copies of your timesheets for the domestic hrs then you don’t need to do a manual entry.
changed i believe, only manual entries or analogue tachos. i could be wrong tho
warrBorg

Post by warrBorg »

FuncNate wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:17 pm From what I understand if you’ve got your paper copies of your timesheets for the domestic hrs then you don’t need to do a manual entry.
I have copies of my time sheets for everyday for the last year. Thank you.
GrahabMy

Post by GrahabMy »

Manual entry as usual. Finish off the last day you worked in November then put everything from then until the day you insert your card as a question mark. Make sure you have 28 days of timesheets with you though until you’ve got 28 days built up on your card.
warrBorg

Post by warrBorg »

GrahabMy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:19 pm Manual entry as usual. Finish off the last day you worked in November then put everything from then until the day you insert your card as a question mark. Make sure you have 28 days of timesheets with you though until you’ve got 28 days built up on your card.
thank you very much that makes plenty of sense. I thought I may have to enter the 28 days previous to putting my card in.
GrahabMy

Post by GrahabMy »

warrBorg wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:19 pm
GrahabMy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:19 pm Manual entry as usual. Finish off the last day you worked in November then put everything from then until the day you insert your card as a question mark. Make sure you have 28 days of timesheets with you though until you’ve got 28 days built up on your card.
thank you very much that makes plenty of sense. I thought I may have to enter the 28 days previous to putting my card in.
you can do that if it’s straightforward, such as Mon-Fri, 8-4 with an hour for dinner. Anything else would be a nightmare for 28 days. The tacho times out after about 20 minutes of manual entries as well.
warrBorg

Post by warrBorg »

GrahabMy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:20 pm
warrBorg wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:19 pm
you can do that if it’s straightforward, such as Mon-Fri, 8-4 with an hour for dinner. Anything else would be a nightmare for 28 days. The tacho times out after about 20 minutes of manual entries as well.
It’s pretty straightforward but I’m not sure I’d make the 20 minute mark. That’s got to be some fast fingers.
shaneCist

Post by shaneCist »

what do you mean by time sheets ?
GrahabMy

Post by GrahabMy »

shaneCist wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 pm
signed timesheets from his current job. Showing the hours and days worked to prove daily and weekly rest has been complied with.
shaneCist

Post by shaneCist »

GrahabMy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:23 pm
signed timesheets from his current job. Showing the hours and days worked to prove daily and weekly rest has been complied with.
I'm pretty sure you can only use tacho print outs but I could be wrong. I'm also a shovel driver and I have to do manual entries.
craigNumber1

Post by craigNumber1 »

shaneCist wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:24 pm

I'm pretty sure you can only use tacho print outs but I could be wrong. I'm also a shovel driver and I have to do manual entries.
I thought with a van not having tacho rules this would of been set as a rest or break. On the tacho card.
shaneCist

Post by shaneCist »

craigNumber1 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:26 pm
shaneCist wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:24 pm

I thought with a van not having tacho rules this would of been set as a rest or break. On the tacho card.
it's other work, my shovel doesn't have a tacho I still have to record my hours.
LeeBrainy

Post by LeeBrainy »

I’d put it in and when it asks rest until now I’d say yes then go from there 👍
macDouse

Post by macDouse »

LeeBrainy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:28 pm I’d put it in and when it asks rest until now I’d say yes then go from there 👍
less chance to make mistake doing manual entry and get on with Infringement for next 28 days I guess 😁
KinsWeb

Post by KinsWeb »

As a few have said???? From last use to the day. If it was a day or a week then manual entries. Time sheets are not acceptable however neither is sitting there doing 28 days worth of manual entries.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”