So i work for a company, I'm on their books, I'm zero hour contract, I work average three days most weeks, I can say

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
philipYoung

Re: So i work for a company, I'm on their books, I'm zero hour contract, I work average three days most weeks, I can say

Post by philipYoung »

I am same as you but I get same as regular driver's plus £11.70 per shift holiday pay do tell them you are going, You are actually cheap agency to them so I would be on my way.
HarrGato

Re: So i work for a company, I'm on their books, I'm zero hour contract, I work average three days most weeks, I can say

Post by HarrGato »

F**k them right off agencies are paying ridiculous money at the moment exploit it!
tonyGlossy

Post by tonyGlossy »

Pretty sure employers can't pay different rates to full time employed staff verses part time staff.
Speak to ACAS mate, Google acas and get their phone number, explain the issue and they will advise accordingly 👍
Actually, here's the number 03001231100
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

tonyGlossy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:09 am Pretty sure employers can't pay different rates to full time employed staff verses part time staff.
Speak to ACAS mate, Google acas and get their phone number, explain the issue and they will advise accordingly 👍
Actually, here's the number 03001231100
thanks bud xx
MooneKid

Post by MooneKid »

Time to move on buddy you’re holding all the aces at the moment
whercode74

Post by whercode74 »

Sounds like he dun give a f about his drivers when it happen to me I didn't give a f an left without any notice
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

whercode74 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:13 am Sounds like he dun give a f about his drivers when it happen to me I didn't give a f an left without any notice
lost about 12 drivers last month
whercode74

Post by whercode74 »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:13 am
whercode74 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:13 am Sounds like he dun give a f about his drivers when it happen to me I didn't give a f an left without any notice
lost about 12 drivers last month
respect like an trust is a 2 way thing u dun show it u dun get it 💯
MooneKid

Post by MooneKid »

Always the best way to leave in my book 👍
gordBook

Post by gordBook »

Can't you sign a contract?
Commitment to company gets benefits but being able to work or not obvs doesn't
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

gordBook wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:16 am Can't you sign a contract?
I don't want full time I'm to old for that sh*t
gordBook

Post by gordBook »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:16 am
can't you sign a contract for the hours you do?
gordBook

Post by gordBook »

surely if you can they will pay you same as you are committed to the company. If you don't you are basically freelance?
gordBook

Post by gordBook »

I just mean, if you can pick and choose your not on the same deal as those who can't?
MickFollow

Post by MickFollow »

They have got to pay Holliday pay at the rate you are on also if you work say 50 hrs every week they have to pay Holliday pay at 50 hrs per week by law
AlesPinch

Post by AlesPinch »

MickFollow wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:27 am They have got to pay Holliday pay at the rate you are on also if you work say 50 hrs every week they have to pay Holliday pay at 50 hrs per week by law
holiday pay is done at an average over last 52 weeks
alanKurisu

Post by alanKurisu »

AlesPinch wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:28 am
MickFollow wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:27 am They have got to pay Holliday pay at the rate you are on also if you work say 50 hrs every week they have to pay Holliday pay at 50 hrs per week by law
no it’s not
Average of last 12 weeks
tonyGlossy

Post by tonyGlossy »

alanKurisu wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:31 am
no it’s not
Average of last 12 weeks
thats old practice now m8, my employer tried to stop paying the average 12 week to a fixed 9 hours for a holiday, and of course we all kicked off
I contacted acas and was informed the 12 week average is not done anymore and employers can now calculate holiday pay based on a 52 week average!!
Couldn't believe myself but its true.
This all happened in May this year.
Pfffft
MickFollow

Post by MickFollow »

correct that's why I said if you work 50 hrs per week I should have said 50hrs per week all year as an example
MickFollow

Post by MickFollow »

alanKurisu wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:31 am
no it’s not
Average of last 12 weeks
no it's not
geoffee28

Post by geoffee28 »

Holiday pay clause is not lawful. They would lose in court.
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

geoffee28 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:42 am Holiday pay clause is not lawful. They would lose in court.
noted tyx
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

If you have been with the company for 3 months or more then your entitlement is exactly the same and you should have the same pay and conditions and that’s what acass told a friend of mine yesterday
geoffee28

Post by geoffee28 »

ConsRpg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:43 am If you have been with the company for 3 months or more then your entitlement is exactly the same and you should have the same pay and conditions and that’s what acass told a friend of mine yesterday
Yes, I think that is correct under the agency workers regulations. I am less familiar with zero hours contracts so cant comment on that aspect.
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

geoffee28 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:44 am
ConsRpg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:43 am If you have been with the company for 3 months or more then your entitlement is exactly the same and you should have the same pay and conditions and that’s what acass told a friend of mine yesterday
Yes, I think that is correct under the agency workers regulations. I am less familiar with zero hours contracts so cant comment on that aspect.
it doesn’t matter with zero hours contracts your still employed and have the same rights
PatMarcs

Post by PatMarcs »

Well said. They will pay or another company will. Get in touch with a few agencies.
simpline74

Post by simpline74 »

Holiday is now paid on an average of the last 12 weeks wages I thought?
ConsRpg

Post by ConsRpg »

simpline74 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 am Holiday is now paid on an average of the last 12 weeks wages I thought?
yes it’s based on the average over a 12 week period
kippVegan

Post by kippVegan »

simpline74 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 am Holiday is now paid on an average of the last 12 weeks wages I thought?
no it changed to 52 weeks average last year
RosaPress

Post by RosaPress »

I'd just keep saying no and go somewhere else.
patCuddly

Post by patCuddly »

Nobody treets me like that. Just leave. They're ridiculing you. Better stuff out there.
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

Sue Billson look at what they say
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

MulMullet wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:54 am £14 lol that’s so 2016
I'd be happier with 14 than 10 lol
warrBorg

Post by warrBorg »

Your company is making it up as they go along
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

warrBorg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:57 am Your company is making it up as they go along
I know
warrBorg

Post by warrBorg »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:57 am
warrBorg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:57 am Your company is making it up as they go along
I know
they are all at it, penny pinchers, suppose they have to screw drivers to get their bonuses
BoyZero

Post by BoyZero »

You should definitely be on the same rate.
maguiRun

Post by maguiRun »

Holiday pay as to accrue as a pro rate of your hourly pay approximately 8% per hour so they can't under pay the holiday rate (basically the same as an agency). The difference in pay is down to how long you have been there - if more than 13 weeks then you should be getting the same rate of pay - you would be similar to a agency worker
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

maguiRun wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:00 pm Holiday pay as to accrue as a pro rate of your hourly pay approximately 8% per hour so they can't under pay the holiday rate (basically the same as an agency). The difference in pay is down to how long you have been there - if more than 13 weeks then you should be getting the same rate of pay - you would be similar to a agency worker
20 months now
maguiRun

Post by maguiRun »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 pm
maguiRun wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:00 pm Holiday pay as to accrue as a pro rate of your hourly pay approximately 8% per hour so they can't under pay the holiday rate (basically the same as an agency). The difference in pay is down to how long you have been there - if more than 13 weeks then you should be getting the same rate of pay - you would be similar to a agency worker
20 months now
still 12/13 weeks
https://www.gov.uk/agency-workers-your- ... ncy-worker
GaryAuthor

Post by GaryAuthor »

Move on to another agency as they sound shit lots about
ModePlace

Post by ModePlace »

There's plenty of other companies that will employ you and pay you better,
Find One and walk away but tell them what you're doing they might improve your pay.
Going for interviews is usually a good way to tell them 3 in one week's good 👍
dimKeeper

Post by dimKeeper »

I would think that would be illegal, can't pay different rates for doing same job especially if employed direct. Be worth contacting ACAS
gordBook

Post by gordBook »

dimKeeper wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:05 pm I would think that would be illegal, can't pay different rates for doing same job especially if employed direct. Be worth contacting ACAS
but it sounds like it's not the same job. She can pick?
dimKeeper

Post by dimKeeper »

gordBook wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:06 pm
dimKeeper wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:05 pm I would think that would be illegal, can't pay different rates for doing same job especially if employed direct. Be worth contacting ACAS
but it sounds like it's not the same job. She can pick?
Due to having a flexible zero hour contract, still doing same job as full time staff.
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

That's bad.. I got this text today
Good morning,
I hope you are well.
XP Recruitment here,
We have on - going 7.5 Tonne Paye work available starting Monday next week.
Start time between 4 am and 6 am start.
Based in wellingborough
Pay is:
£14 an hour PAYE
£165.68 an hour - with holiday rolled up
If you’re interested please text back yes
Thank you
XP Recruitment
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

YordJide wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:08 pm That's bad.. I got this text today
Good morning,
I hope you are well.
XP Recruitment here,
Based in wellingborough
Pay is:
£14 an hour PAYE
Thank you
XP Recruitment
too far away everything else ok
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:09 pm
Good morning,
I hope you are well.
XP Recruitment here,
Based in wellingborough
Pay is:
£14 an hour PAYE
Thank you
XP Recruitment
you can earn a lot more than that mate, I'd ask around, I was showing you this to show its out there
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

YordJide wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:09 pm
Good morning,
I hope you are well.
XP Recruitment here,
Based in wellingborough
Pay is:
£14 an hour PAYE
Thank you
XP Recruitment
you can earn a lot more than that mate, I'd ask around, I was showing you this to show its out there
need this nearer to me x
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:10 pm
YordJide wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:09 pm

need this nearer to me x
sent you a PM which might be of interest for you mate 👍
iwnard23

Post by iwnard23 »

Good morning,
I hope you are well.
XP Recruitment here,
Based in wellingborough
Pay is:
£14 an hour PAYE
Thank you
XP Recruitment
For £165.68 an hour I'll travel! 😉😁
iwnard23

Post by iwnard23 »

Good morning,
I hope you are well.
XP Recruitment here,
Based in wellingborough
Pay is:
£14 an hour PAYE
Thank you
XP Recruitment
That's what the man said 😉😁
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (16.07 KiB) Viewed 734 times
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

iwnard23 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:11 pm
Good morning,
I hope you are well.
XP Recruitment here,
Based in wellingborough
Pay is:
£14 an hour PAYE
Thank you
XP Recruitment
That's what the man said 😉😁
I think that bit may be a typo, agency gals 😂😂
boanKing

Post by boanKing »

Jesus for gods sake tell them to shove there job where a monkey shoves his 🥜 holiday pay is a average over the past 12 weeks worked by law
ChrisBob

Post by ChrisBob »

Go somewhere else that needs drivers.
CameSell

Post by CameSell »

If it’s what you agree when started why would they change it
Re negotiate contract
nikoffeezi55

Post by nikoffeezi55 »

Why would you work on a zero hours contract
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

nikoffeezi55 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:17 pm Why would you work on a zero hours contract
I choose a zero hours contract it suits me I can say no if I want
nikoffeezi55

Post by nikoffeezi55 »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:17 pm
nikoffeezi55 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:17 pm Why would you work on a zero hours contract
true but do you get holiday pay and there's no notice period for binning you off
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

nikoffeezi55 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:18 pm
true but do you get holiday pay and there's no notice period for binning you off
I get hp in my weekly wage as the law requires and I can walk too, they need me more than I need them
nikoffeezi55

Post by nikoffeezi55 »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:18 pm

I get hp in my weekly wage as the law requires and I can walk too, they need me more than I need them
true i know what you mean but u should speak to them about a rise as your doing the same job as the others
dysonVamp

Post by dysonVamp »

SwarHiro wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:18 pm

don’t look like it…
TimSpunky

Post by TimSpunky »

You should be on the same rate as full time driver's. As you are employed as causal drivers it should not make a difference. Its illegal to pay less for holiday entitlement should reflect your wage as if working! Who do these f**king companies think they are? Do they wish less drivers? I would call their bluff and walk, surely there are better employers out there?
philipYoung

Post by philipYoung »

TimSpunky wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:22 pm
You should be on the same rate as full time driver's. As you are employed as causal drivers it should not make a difference. Its illegal to pay less for holiday entitlement should reflect your wage as if working! Who do these f**king companies think they are? Do they wish less drivers? I would call their bluff and walk, surely there are better employers out there?
A zero hours suit's me too at 74😁 and before you say it yes I am crackers 😁
clemeHann

Post by clemeHann »

All holidays are paid on p60 average earnings, became law a couple years ago
commKino

Post by commKino »

Park their truck up Chuck their keys through the hatch, and move on, there’s tons more on more than £14.50 an hour
GeoffPrep

Post by GeoffPrep »

If you’re on the same work all the time you should be payed the same rate on unless you agreed the rate your on then you must go back and negotiate a new pay rate
ManoQuant

Post by ManoQuant »

Time to say goodbye to them me thinks.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”