So i work for a company, I'm on their books, I'm zero hour contract, I work average three days most weeks, I can say

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
jameTeenz

Re: So i work for a company, I'm on their books, I'm zero hour contract, I work average three days most weeks, I can say

Post by jameTeenz »

That holiday pay is illegal...
LeatHear

Re: So i work for a company, I'm on their books, I'm zero hour contract, I work average three days most weeks, I can say

Post by LeatHear »

Holiday pay in haulage I believe is supposed to be an average of your previous 12 weeks pay…
HensTrends

Post by HensTrends »

LeatHear wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:31 pm Holiday pay in haulage I believe is supposed to be an average of your previous 12 weeks pay…
it changed April 6th 2020. Its now average of 52 worked weeks and can be taken back to 104 weeks if necessary
LeatHear

Post by LeatHear »

HensTrends wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:33 pm
LeatHear wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:31 pm Holiday pay in haulage I believe is supposed to be an average of your previous 12 weeks pay…
it changed April 6th 2020. Its now average of 52 worked weeks and can be taken back to 104 weeks if necessary
anything to lower it lol
jameTeenz

Post by jameTeenz »

Holiday pay is a average of previous years earnings... That's why my holiday pay is better for a week than being at work.. Accounts for rest days and overtime.
brownMegs

Post by brownMegs »

Go and work for an agency. You will get to choose your hours and days and be paid twice as much!
Pauzinell

Post by Pauzinell »

But law you have to be paid the same as the fte, cannot be treat differently, as for holiday pay its again law to be paid an average pay, i believe for zero hours contract its calculated over the last year average
christHeist

Post by christHeist »

Move buddy. Average wage 13.50 + don't stay if your not happy just look round wages are on the up.
slaterGrey

Post by slaterGrey »

Get out of there and drive agency.
timreso98

Post by timreso98 »

And why are you still working there?
MarcoBug

Post by MarcoBug »

That is a clear sign that is time to move on.
SkelRaw

Post by SkelRaw »

the choice of work and pay rate has never been in the hands of the driver as much as it is now....get your things together, walk away and find employment that will satisfy your employments requirements
JimmPure

Post by JimmPure »

Quit your job, go sign up with the agency that supplies them drivers, be back in your truck on Monday doing the same job for much more money.
"It seems now that they have added a clause, 14.50 paid only on the days you actually work, holidays paid at old rate of 10.72?"
Not legal. Has to be average of the last 52 weeks including any overtime and bonuses.
karlPassion

Post by karlPassion »

JimmPure wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:17 pm Quit your job, go sign up with the agency that supplies them drivers, be back in your truck on Monday doing the same job for much more money.
"It seems now that they have added a clause, 14.50 paid only on the days you actually work, holidays paid at old rate of 10.72?"
Not legal. Has to be average of the last 52 weeks including any overtime and bonuses.
it’s average over the last 12 weeks, so agree with you it’s not legal wat there doing
HodChrome

Post by HodChrome »

Couldn't agree more. Now is not the time to be loyal to a company that has its workers-rights handbook drawn up from the middle ages! There's plenty of agencies that are flexible enough to work as long or as short hours as you can, and they'll never deduct money from you just because you want a week or two off.
dagRended

Post by dagRended »

from some of the comments i'm seeing here i'd def get some kind of legal advice and see if you can sue them in court for the holiday pay and the differing in pay between you and full time staff issues. i don't know anything really about employment law but i know when a friend got unfairly dismissed and they had to pay them backdated from the day they unfairly dismissed them till the day the tribuneral ruled in their favour, so def look into your options you could, and this is a very big could, be due backdated pay if they broke the law. not legal advice.
JimmPure

Post by JimmPure »

dagRended wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:19 pm from some of the comments i'm seeing here i'd def get some kind of legal advice and see if you can sue them in court for the holiday pay and the differing in pay between you and full time staff issues. i don't know anything really about employment law but i know when a friend got unfairly dismissed and they had to pay them backdated from the day they unfairly dismissed them till the day the tribuneral ruled in their favour, so def look into your options you could, and this is a very big could, be due backdated pay if they broke the law. not legal advice.
There is no legal right to the same pay as someone else as long as the reason for that difference isn't one of the protected attributes such as race or gender.
SwarHiro

Post by SwarHiro »

DaniRoyal wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:22 pm 14 quid an hour 😂🤣😂🤣 feels bad for u
far better than 10

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”