Afternoon all, Anyone in the same boat as me? Starting my application for Operator license.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
61.maqqMC

Afternoon all, Anyone in the same boat as me? Starting my application for Operator license.

Post by 61.maqqMC »

KirbyMan

Re: Afternoon all, Anyone in the same boat as me? Starting my application for Operator license.

Post by KirbyMan »

had ours since january, what do you need to know?
GraemKixx

Re: Afternoon all, Anyone in the same boat as me? Starting my application for Operator license.

Post by GraemKixx »

Congrats, is it necessary to buy a truck before the application?
howUpdate

Post by howUpdate »

GraemKixx wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:38 pm Congrats, is it necessary to buy a truck before the application?
no
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

GraemKixx wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:38 pm Congrats, is it necessary to buy a truck before the application?
No, you can get a O license first and then buy a vehicle.
martellene8

Post by martellene8 »

What do you need, what’s your plan, and how do you want us to help.
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

martellene8 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:39 pm What do you need, what’s your plan, and how do you want us to help.
I want to be a HGV owner operator. Preferably my own transport manager
martellene8

Post by martellene8 »

61.maqqMC wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:40 pm
martellene8 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:39 pm What do you need, what’s your plan, and how do you want us to help.
I want to be a HGV owner operator. Preferably my own transport manager
I’ll pm you.
DavidGett

Post by DavidGett »

Following
In August I booked transport manager with RHA.
In the meantime I can apply for O License??
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

DavidGett wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:40 pm Following
I think we need a transport manager before Operator license application.
I am going through the complete guide posted by the Admin.
CoganTipp

Post by CoganTipp »

61.maqqMC wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:41 pm
I think we need a transport manager before Operator license application.
I am going through the complete guide posted by the Admin.
for restricted O license you won’t need a TM. For a standard national/ international you will need a nominated transport manager on the TM1👍
ogillpugg51

Post by ogillpugg51 »

without transport manager your application is not valid. If you want more details about o licence application you can contact me.
donnymoor4

Post by donnymoor4 »

Best to get the application approved before getting any vehicle
CatterBe

Post by CatterBe »

Just done my hubby's, I passed my cpc to become his transport manager. All up and running now, adding a new vehicle, then getting 2 more. Working well.
martellene8

Post by martellene8 »

CatterBe wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:43 pm Just done my hubby's, I passed my cpc to become his transport manager. All up and running now, adding a new vehicle, then getting 2 more. Working well.
well done 👍
CatterBe

Post by CatterBe »

martellene8 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:44 pm
CatterBe wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:43 pm Just done my hubby's, I passed my cpc to become his transport manager. All up and running now, adding a new vehicle, then getting 2 more. Working well.
well done 👍
thanks hard work but been worth it.
martellene8

Post by martellene8 »

CatterBe wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:44 pm
martellene8 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:44 pm
well done 👍
thanks hard work but been worth it.
all you’ve got to do now is keep the compliance, compliant.
bradJean

Post by bradJean »

that’s awesome. If your looking to make the trucks stand out give us a shout. We provide commercial roof boards, Dutch style boxes, logos, cabin mirrors. Light My Ride UK
NeweGive

Post by NeweGive »

how long did it take you?
NickChee

Post by NickChee »

hi sorry I meant to do your Transport manager cpc
CatterBe

Post by CatterBe »

NickChee wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:47 pm
oh sorry, I passed first time took me 4 months of studying online evenings only. I worked in day.
NickChee

Post by NickChee »

CatterBe wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:47 pm
NickChee wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:47 pm
oh sorry, I passed first time took me 4 months of studying online evenings only. I worked in day.
thanks very much, and good luck with the adventure.
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

What you paid or TM CPC?
CatterBe

Post by CatterBe »

61.maqqMC wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:49 pm
What you paid or TM CPC?
paid £800 for course. Everything included.
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

CatterBe wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:49 pm
What you paid or TM CPC?
Thats a very good price comparing to what i have been quoted so far. Would you mind sharing the details here or in PM.
One more question, can you also be Transport manager for another operator same time as your hubbys?
CatterBe

Post by CatterBe »

61.maqqMC wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:50 pm

What you paid or TM CPC?
Thats a very good price comparing to what i have been quoted so far. Would you mind sharing the details here or in PM.
One more question, can you also be Transport manager for another operator same time as your hubbys?
yes, im on four O licences, I run 19 trucks at the min.
https://www.enterprisetransporttraining.com/
this is who I used.
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

CatterBe wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:50 pm
61.maqqMC wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:50 pm

yes, im on four O licences, I run 19 trucks at the min.
https://www.enterprisetransporttraining.com/
this is who I used.
Are you able to share any study materials? if its allowed
keithDeep

Post by keithDeep »

You would be better off investing all of your money into other things or become a internet star, the haulage industry is f**ked
mageeUpfor

Post by mageeUpfor »

keithDeep wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:52 pm You would be better off investing all of your money into other things or become a internet star, the haulage industry is f**ked
and that’s the truth well said 👍
BanneRed

Post by BanneRed »

No… I’m sensible! 🙄😏
LeeNumero

Post by LeeNumero »

Back out now fella, go on holiday and have a good think!
johnMaid

Post by johnMaid »

More lambs !! 😂
LeeNumero

Post by LeeNumero »

From experience you'll be better off as a couch freight forwarder.. Beer in one hand, crisps in the other raking it in, you'll calculate miles but wont travel any.. Good luck all the same
craInformer

Post by craInformer »

Take your time. Make sure that you 100% have a source of work BEFORE investing any money. Otherwise it's pointless
WardKing

Post by WardKing »

Applied for mine 14th april got interim last week and on the road already, it’s a very simple process just make sure you have everything in place and send correctly first time so you are not going back and forth, my case worker has been absolutely brilliant.
PriceNan

Post by PriceNan »

WardKing wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:55 pm Applied for mine 14th april got interim last week and on the road already, it’s a very simple process just make sure you have everything in place and send correctly first time so you are not going back and forth, my case worker has been absolutely brilliant.
bloody hell you did well
WardKing

Post by WardKing »

PriceNan wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:56 pm
WardKing wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:55 pm Applied for mine 14th april got interim last week and on the road already, it’s a very simple process just make sure you have everything in place and send correctly first time so you are not going back and forth, my case worker has been absolutely brilliant.
bloody hell you did well
that’s exactly what I thought.
newfoss21

Post by newfoss21 »

Trucking Industries almost finished cause Brexit I think UK economy permanently damaged
dayecon11

Post by dayecon11 »

Nice to see some helpful comments
HughPod

Post by HughPod »

All I can say is good luck not easy at the moment well its never been easy only be at 40 years
SteveMans

Post by SteveMans »

I'm about to ditch mine. It's dead unless u work for peanuts to make someone else rich.
philBest

Post by philBest »

Good luck, if you need any information/help with the process of applying I can help you
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

philBest wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:58 pm Good luck, if you need any information/help with the process of applying I can help you
I will PM you now
61.maqqMC

Post by 61.maqqMC »

philBest wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:58 pm Good luck, if you need any information/help with the process of applying I can help you
Well I can't PM you. Contact me please
mahoMarc

Post by mahoMarc »

Hi, can already start to do it, and on your way find a TM. because with out you can’t

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”