Is there any way that I can check companies OCRS score before applying for the role of TM/LM just concerned that one

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
WAYcallow

Is there any way that I can check companies OCRS score before applying for the role of TM/LM just concerned that one

Post by WAYcallow »

Is there any way that I can check companies OCRS score before applying for the role of TM/LM just concerned that one of the applications states to improve OCRS score which kind of sounds alarm bells.
BlackPong

Re: Is there any way that I can check companies OCRS score before applying for the role of TM/LM just concerned that one

Post by BlackPong »

Site visit and pre engagement audit prior to signing
haweendo.33

Re: Is there any way that I can check companies OCRS score before applying for the role of TM/LM just concerned that one

Post by haweendo.33 »

BlackPong wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:00 pm Site visit and pre engagement audit prior to signing
do you have a template for your pre engagement audit you would share with me please?
BlackPong

Post by BlackPong »

haweendo.33 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:02 pm
BlackPong wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:00 pm Site visit and pre engagement audit prior to signing
do you have a template for your pre engagement audit you would share with me please?
I haven’t. Prior to visit check applications and decisions, company legal status / finances reported to companies house. On the initial visit I would look at site layout eg pedestrian walkways, reversing / parking areas / access. Infringements, PMIs, RBTs and if they were laden, MOTs, any policies and procedures including how those have been managed and any follow up / retraining / disciplinary. Missing mileage, how they keep a check on DCPC, if they regularly check driving licences, how they manage and check age relating to driving licences / eye tests. Plus anything else you can think of that you would not like to have issues with. A quality outfit will be happy to show what they have done and take advice on what needs more work / strengthening.
BlackPong

Post by BlackPong »

haweendo.33 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:02 pm
daily walk round checks, maintenance provider agreements and any issues around that too.
rogerAuger

Post by rogerAuger »

Don’t think there is anyway to access it other than on their vol portal. Ask them to provide the report and if they won’t steer clear.
WardFour

Post by WardFour »

A question I ask when approached to be an ETM or TM for someone who learns that I can be/have been, is WHY?. If they have an existing TM, or had one, or if they are a new start up, or if they are expanding etc, you'd be surprised how much info you get, plus......how much you dont get. For new starts, the questions on the OL application are a good start, vehicles/financial standing/maintenance blah blah, I had one chap decide not to proceed once he found how involved it is. I also, again for a new company, give them the names of several local companies who will put them through their CPC for less than a grand, so they get control and a lot of knowledge, the answers for not doing that, can be illuminating, but for large concerns, haweendo's answer is about right, you don't want to become anyone's fuse do you!😀
Last edited by WardFour on Fri May 26, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulettena

Post by Paulettena »

an OCRS score has little in the way of value on its own, you need to ask for a full report that covers the last 12/24 months.
There are many operators out there in the green but running in a non-compliant way (just haven't been caught yet) and there are many operators out there in the red because of a couple of PG9's for more minor issues 🤷 but are trying to be compliant.
I have an operator who I've managed for over 6 years and he's been in the green for years but three PG9's in one roadside stop for minor issues in January and now his score on both accounts is R10 🙈 but he's a compliant operator 🤷
Do an operator search and see what actions/if any have been taken by the TC and ask for a copy of the full OCRS report as I said above.
daleBrainy

Post by daleBrainy »

Paulettena wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:05 pm an OCRS score has little in the way of value on its own, you need to ask for a full report that covers the last 12/24 months.
There are many operators out there in the green but running in a non-compliant way (just haven't been caught yet) and there are many operators out there in the red because of a couple of PG9's for more minor issues 🤷 but are trying to be compliant.
I have an operator who I've managed for over 6 years and he's been in the green for years but three PG9's in one roadside stop for minor issues in January and now his score on both accounts is R10 🙈 but he's a compliant operator 🤷
Do an operator search and see what actions/if any have been taken by the TC and ask for a copy of the full OCRS report as I said above.
pmd you
Paulettena

Post by Paulettena »

daleBrainy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:06 pm
Paulettena wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:05 pm an OCRS score has little in the way of value on its own, you need to ask for a full report that covers the last 12/24 months.
pmd you
I've not received anything yet👍

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”