Hgv medical question time! My medical is approaching next year. No all I do is go on to Google and search 'hgv

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
arMedium78

Re: Hgv medical question time! My medical is approaching next year. No all I do is go on to Google and search 'hgv

Post by arMedium78 »

This is the 2023, everything is on line pmsl
Vekonix.Vert

Re: Hgv medical question time! My medical is approaching next year. No all I do is go on to Google and search 'hgv

Post by Vekonix.Vert »

I used 'D4 drivers' who completely made a mess of the questionnaire so then had to wait for my regular doctor to fill in the forms again. It took me nearly six months to get my licence back. Never again will I use the likes of things these..
inteJournal

Post by inteJournal »

That would be ok if you could actually see a doctor. Mine don’t do face to face without a phone call first
lind2Pinned

Post by lind2Pinned »

I’ve always used my gp but last year was a back log and couldn’t get in for 3 months so had to use one of these places there like a production line one in one out and the amount of drivers in there I’ve worked with over the years it was like a reunion party 😂🤣
33_Leigidde

Post by 33_Leigidde »

Hi All, I must disagree with the standards of HGV Medicals, last year i had to go for my 65th medical and went to one that you have spoken about which was £50.00, i had almost finished when he took my blood pressure and found it to be very high, so he refused to sign me off and sent me direct to my GP, who checked me over and sent me direct to hospital were i spent the next 12hours been scanned, x-rayed and tested, i was eventually released to go home and given 2 different types of tablets which i am still on now, the problem is i did not feel bad in any way and so had not been to see my GP for quite a while, but was told i was about 1hr from death, so as far as i can say anything the standard of these doctors is no better or worse that any other GP out there, and it is coming back to the time of my next licence renewal and i will be looking for the cheapest again.
FerguMint

Post by FerguMint »

33_Leigidde wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm Hi All, I must disagree with the standards of HGV Medicals, last year i had to go for my 65th medical and went to one that you have spoken about which was £50.00, i had almost finished when he took my blood pressure and found it to be very high, so he refused to sign me off and sent me direct to my GP, who checked me over and sent me direct to hospital were i spent the next 12hours been scanned, x-rayed and tested, i was eventually released to go home and given 2 different types of tablets which i am still on now, the problem is i did not feel bad in any way and so had not been to see my GP for quite a while, but was told i was about 1hr from death, so as far as i can say anything the standard of these doctors is no better or worse that any other GP out there, and it is coming back to the time of my next licence renewal and i will be looking for the cheapest again.
everybody knows they take your blood pressure it’s the guys who tell porkies like medication they’ve been prescribed by the doctor or had dizzy spells / passed out etc.
ARRONDNESS

Post by ARRONDNESS »

Go your own doctor I always do he knows your medical history
evansMORE

Post by evansMORE »

Can't really blame drivers for going to the private ones. Most GP's charge a fortune compared to booking it yourself. I was told number of years ago that it would be changing to force drivers see their own GP due to things like the Glasgow bin wagon crash but there were discussions about a national fixed price for a medical first.
MAROBAL99

Post by MAROBAL99 »

evansMORE wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:21 pm Can't really blame drivers for going to the private ones. Most GP's charge a fortune compared to booking it yourself. I was told number of years ago that it would be changing to force drivers see their own GP due to things like the Glasgow bin wagon crash but there were discussions about a national fixed price for a medical first.
I completely understand why drivers do, the cost being the main thing. I just feel like it's a 'false medical'. If you went to the GP, they may test drivers for diabetes and wire them to an ecg monitor to check their cardiac output etc...compared to these private ones, which is only a box ticking exercise. Many men, haven't seen their GP for years, I know I haven't, yet I know that diabetes runs in my family history and there is also a family history of a genetic hereditary heart condition.
12AndClear

Post by 12AndClear »

I’d happily go to my Gp for my medical if they didn’t want £140 for it.
MAROBAL99

Post by MAROBAL99 »

garymdom.03 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:23 pm Shut up you tart.......😎😳😂😂😂
prick mate :lol:

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”