Evening all, looking for a little advice. We had a PSV operators licence granted, brand new to the industry and just

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
MarkBandit

Evening all, looking for a little advice. We had a PSV operators licence granted, brand new to the industry and just

Post by MarkBandit »

Evening all, looking for a little advice.
We had a PSV operators licence granted, brand new to the industry, and just 3 months after, our transport manager decided to leave.
I applied for a period of grace, of which was granted for six months in total.
However recently DVSA have decided to do a check on our paperwork, and have found two discrepancies from the time of us being without a TM.
1. break testing recorded as 15% as a pass, when obviously 16% is minimum. This was carried out by a maintenance provider
2. Discrepancy in the mileage on a six weekly check (lower mileage recorded to the previous) this was most certainly a mistake.
As a business we have stopped using the maintenance provider.
My argument being, we’re the owner of the business and not qualified for maintenance, but have taken the responsible steps to appoint a new TM, and new maintenance provider.
I’m just wondering what the possible outcome could be or if anyone has been in this position previously.
Please be advised as of now I’ve not received anything formal, just a DVSA officer checked our vehicle at the depot and our paperwork, and said we may need to answer questions based on those two things.
Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
StuBlacken

Re: Evening all, looking for a little advice. We had a PSV operators licence granted, brand new to the industry and just

Post by StuBlacken »

If you want to send me a direct message I can help and advise you on this. I’ve recently helped a fellow operator at a public inquiry.
austProst

Re: Evening all, looking for a little advice. We had a PSV operators licence granted, brand new to the industry and just

Post by austProst »

Did the Brakes lock? Usually an “L” next the braking effort.
If they locked then this would override the percentage and would be considered as a pass.
johnyXinn

Post by johnyXinn »

Does the Brake Test Report show that the Parking Brake Locked on Test?
johnyXinn

Post by johnyXinn »

Reference the mileage discrepancy, the previous reading may have been logged on the PMI sheet in Kilometers and the most recent sheet as miles, common mistake unfortunately. You can also contact me privately if you wish to have a confidential chat about this!
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

Where are you based? I may be able to help.
YordJide

Post by YordJide »

DM me, I’m more than happy to help. I have help a previous operator over issue like this.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”