I got a question, say you get flashed from a speed camera or accidentally go through a red light driving the company

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Addminr

I got a question, say you get flashed from a speed camera or accidentally go through a red light driving the company

Post by Addminr »

I got a question, say you get flashed from a speed camera or accidentally go through a red light driving the company vehicle what's the process? does the office ask you into the office to 'sign' something?
I got asked to come in and 'sign' something.. no idea what. wondering what it could be don't think it's a taco thing. Any ideas?
TIA
BoaShin

Re: I got a question, say you get flashed from a speed camera or accidentally go through a red light driving the company

Post by BoaShin »

I had that while at nisa..the truck was a rental...so the long winded process was..PNC check on reg..hire co..then nisa who rented it..then after checking tachos & job sheets ..I got it through the post...giving 28 days ..3 points & £100 fine...
MansDemon

Re: I got a question, say you get flashed from a speed camera or accidentally go through a red light driving the company

Post by MansDemon »

Company I used to work for had an obvious policy .
All fines awarded by the traffic commissioner for traffic infringements with the the exception of Tax,Insurance & MOT ,must be paid by the driver commiting said offence.You had to sign each time and this went on your records.
RawFrog

Post by RawFrog »

Notice of intended prosecution is sent asking for details of driver to registered vehicle owner. They in turn send the notice onto the company using the vehicle who, in turn, pass it into the driver
Summerma

Post by Summerma »

RawFrog wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:04 am Notice of intended prosecution is sent asking for details of driver to registered vehicle owner. They in turn send the notice onto the company using the vehicle who, in turn, pass it into the driver
The company only provides your details. After that, the notice is sent by police (not by the company) straight to your home address.
ShardApenguin

Post by ShardApenguin »

The first notice of intended prosecution will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle, in other words, your employers address. It will not be sent to your home address as at that point the police have no idea who was driving with it being a company vehicle. Once the employer receives the letter, he has to send the paperwork back, filled in with the drivers personal details, and another letter will then be sent out to the drivers home address when they know who was actually behind the wheel when the offence occurred. What he will have signed is a declaration that he was driving that company vehicle at the time of the alleged offence, not an acknowledgment of any tacho infringements. This also needs signing as personal data is shared when the employer submits the drivers details
Teamet

Post by Teamet »

Where I am it seems, a speeding fine, you either pay or do Awareness course if applicable, if you get points, you get an automatic Written Warning.
knightonic

Post by knightonic »

owner of a vehicle gets letter asking for details of a driver. Then driver gets his letter directly
Toneysic

Post by Toneysic »

Police usually ask who was driving said vehicle the company send them your details you get fine throu post no reason for company to ask you to sign anything so don't till you get summons throu post ect not sure of your company policy ect but nothing to sign unless they issuing you a warning which would require a investigation proof statements questions asked answered all taken down in writing ect ..
Micspo

Post by Micspo »

If your signing for any thing always ask what it’s for . You may be on nights for the rest of your time there or driving in the yard never sign for anything unless you know what it’s for
Silenla

Post by Silenla »

Only a fool signs something without reading and understanding what they are signing for!
Thesoyas

Post by Thesoyas »

How about asking the firm you work for how an earth does anyone on Facebook know what its about some people make you wonder at times
BloomKaven

Post by BloomKaven »

Nope not for us... No signing no questions asked just handed the notification and told we have to pay it no matter what the circumstances
Summerma

Post by Summerma »

The company is asking you to sign tacho infringements. Nothing to do with cameras. The camera notice will be sent to your home address by the police.
IdolSteve

Post by IdolSteve »

They dob you in and return to the rozzers who send it to you. Yes I got done for 34mph on the dual carriageway ring road in Nottingham, at 2am
Apparently it's 30
RiseIon

Post by RiseIon »

Depends how your boss responds to the first letter. He may get you in & deal with it there. Or he might name you as driver & the law write to you.
Inesix

Post by Inesix »

Likely be 2 months before you get a letter,your boss is asked not to tell you as he can be done aswell,1st offence you may be offered a driver awareness course,dont believe the shite its done with afterwards its not,see trafficlight on back of licence,police keep evidance,i was in a situation had i not continued thru the lights a coach will have run into back of me...
Epanaglet

Post by Epanaglet »

We’ll you must be daft to sign something you didn’t read or see Don’t ever sign something till you understand it
Foursequ

Post by Foursequ »

Any decent transport office or haulage firm should check to see if you incur infringements, and help you understand how you’re getting them if it keeps happening. All this paranoia about signing something to say they’ve spoken to you about it is nonsense, no one is out to get you…
Weapoband

Post by Weapoband »

They get a request asking who was driving that vehicle, if its a good company they'll tell you about it if not you'll but get in the post a week or two later and you have to deal with it anyway.
Harole

Post by Harole »

Do you often sign things you’ve no idea about?
Here, I’ve got something for you to sign, nothing you need to worry about, just let me take care of it.
Superdioc

Post by Superdioc »

Harole wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:46 am Do you often sign things you’ve no idea about?
Here, I’ve got something for you to sign, nothing you need to worry about, just let me take care of it.
his gaffer has already got the house car and caravan he was just after his inheritance money this time
Parker

Post by Parker »

Do ya not read things and maybe asked questions before signing things
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

I wonder how it is that the majority of the posts are new members who joined and posted within minutes of doing so? IS this really a post for click bait and a dubious management system?

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”