On C4 the now programme "the great British truck up" Would anyone like to owned up ?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
WormanLight

On C4 the now programme "the great British truck up" Would anyone like to owned up ?

Post by WormanLight »

On C4 the now programme "the great British truck up"
Reckons many truckers are on £50,000+.
Would anyone like to owned up ?
Gereelig

Re: On C4 the now programme "the great British truck up" Would anyone like to owned up ?

Post by Gereelig »

Easily on supermarket work, not long hours either. Just get lots and lots of premiums and bonuses (especially during Covid)
Servirg

Re: On C4 the now programme "the great British truck up" Would anyone like to owned up ?

Post by Servirg »

I'm on powder tanks big money BUT health is more important I'm 54 and pretty much f-cked long hours away 4 to 5 nights not worth it boys slow down enjoy life with family life 2 short
BuggyPaper

Post by BuggyPaper »

Servirg wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:47 am I'm on powder tanks big money BUT health is more important I'm 54 and pretty much f-cked long hours away 4 to 5 nights not worth it boys slow down enjoy life with family life 2 short
Thats where i go wrong,i don't have kids or Marriage so in theory i should work Long hours and make good money,but i also like time to myself to rest, eat, relax and go to my own bed at night,hasn't got me anywhere and at 58 i'm starting to worry about my future,i also don't have any pension in place, but my fault and it is what it is
Ellawa

Post by Ellawa »

the getting back for the school run tickled me maybe doin starting at 3 ish in the morning on a set run or factory shunt
Animesa

Post by Animesa »

There's a few jobs round my way advertised at around the 50k mark and not in a high paying area either.
50k is definitely achievable
Colante

Post by Colante »

Wages are mostly wank working more than 35hrs to earn a crust is stupid you will be dead before you know it, used to do the 70h+ weeks wasn't until I realised I had no life and life itself had gone into overdrive, my babys was kids and my kids are finishing school, taxman takes the lot or most of it just no point earning two weeks wages in 1 then only bringing 1 and quarter of it home unless you are in love with your lorry single have no one and no life lorry’s are fucked mugs game
AirBel

Post by AirBel »

Colante wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:25 am Wages are mostly wank working more than 35hrs to earn a crust is stupid you will be dead before you know it, used to do the 70h+ weeks wasn't until I realised I had no life and life itself had gone into overdrive, my babys was kids and my kids are finishing school, taxman takes the lot or most of it just no point earning two weeks wages in 1 then only bringing 1 and quarter of it home unless you are in love with your lorry single have no one and no life lorry’s are fucked mugs game
totally agree, but these new nearly free license holders will do it and wake up in 20-30 years and realise
Colante

Post by Colante »

Colante wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:25 am Wages are mostly wank working more than 35hrs to earn a crust is stupid you will be dead before you know it, used to do the 70h+ weeks wasn't until I realised I had no life and life itself had gone into overdrive, my babys was kids and my kids are finishing school, taxman takes the lot or most of it just no point earning two weeks wages in 1 then only bringing 1 and quarter of it home unless you are in love with your lorry single have no one and no life lorry’s are fucked mugs game
paye mate great money but tax was stupid worked for almost nothing on 5th shift and for free on my 6th don't care now payed my bit and work when I need to
QuickChari

Post by QuickChari »

Short of asking people to post their payslips / invoices, it is perfectly plausible especially those truckers in the London and south east area, heck I know class 2 drivers who earn more than class 1 drivers … of course the work is more and the hours longer but yeah it is perfectly plausible
Tertythe

Post by Tertythe »

When I'm asked about if I drive a porsche... I just say nothing, check the time on my Richard Weil watch and drive off in my bugatti.... The bugatti has custom tassles so the V8 crowd knows
Halible

Post by Halible »

I am on 5 grand a month 50 hrs a week driving a four wheeler. No bull . The jobs are there you just have to find them
Sporket

Post by Sporket »

I have already matched my salary of 36000 from last year and there is still 3 months to go
AirBel

Post by AirBel »

If your just a steering wheel attendant, not really possible, but if you got some smarts then easy done.
Shantro

Post by Shantro »

AirBel wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:12 am If your just a steering wheel attendant, not really possible, but if you got some smarts then easy done.
yes it is possible. I'm in North East lowest wages in England and I'm on 50k only time I leave cab is for a shit
AirBel

Post by AirBel »

AirBel wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:12 am If your just a steering wheel attendant, not really possible, but if you got some smarts then easy done.
I didnt say its not possible. The point i was making was if you use your common sense and know your worth then easily done
MoHeart

Post by MoHeart »

50k for what if they on about a week month or whatever I think they massive wrong but just imagine if it was 50k a week
Crunchek

Post by Crunchek »

Should easily get over 55k this year if I wasn't sacrificing 8% into pension. Last year was crap , about 44k.
Expertru

Post by Expertru »

My last year on trucks in 2018 I did £48k.
But that was starting at 1am most days, max hours and nights away. I almost lived in the bloody lorry.
Iantive

Post by Iantive »

I know a chap that did £78k last year working all hours/nights/Sundays. Already on course to do more this year.
Thesoyas

Post by Thesoyas »

Iantive wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:22 am I know a chap that did £78k last year working all hours/nights/Sundays. Already on course to do more this year.
rubbish that means he pays super
Tax then plus he can only do a certain amount of hours with being a driver
GrinderRoll

Post by GrinderRoll »

Iantive wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:22 am I know a chap that did £78k last year working all hours/nights/Sundays. Already on course to do more this year.
supertax is 150k or more @ 45%.
75k is 40% on anything over £52k and you don’t jump into each band, you get tax free, then 20% then 40% across the year because they look at last years earnings. Then if sensible put some into pension via avc Pre tax. You don’t notice as 60% into pay packet is still a wedge.
GrinderRoll

Post by GrinderRoll »

depends how it’s paid. If Sunday and bank hol are double time . Sat time half. If on fixed mid week off soon mounts up. Yes forget work life balance but some are happy providing for family in other ways
GriffonDav

Post by GriffonDav »

I’m on super tax this year cause I reached the threshold last year and on coarse to do it again as many of my colleagues at the depot will be next year thanks to bonuses and artificial pay increases
Hellori

Post by Hellori »

Am on track for that this year amd made that last year amd who cares about the hours if your tramping. I'd rather drive my hours then be parked up soon as possible.
Strongid

Post by Strongid »

Who actually wants to do 70 hours and sleep in tin box for 5 nights to get a grand a week which puts you in the Rishi finger club for tax anyway ? Work to live not live to work.....
Wonnath

Post by Wonnath »

Strongid wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:30 am Who actually wants to do 70 hours and sleep in tin box for 5 nights to get a grand a week which puts you in the Rishi finger club for tax anyway ? Work to live not live to work.....
for one thing, lots of us earn over that and are home every day, secondly, you do realise that you only pay a higher tax rate on what we earn over abouts£54k up to that point it’s still 20%

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”