As transport managers, how do you usually action the message on tacho analysing software about power supply interruption

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Prosk8er

As transport managers, how do you usually action the message on tacho analysing software about power supply interruption

Post by Prosk8er »

As transport managers, how do you usually action the message on tacho analysing software about power supply interruption? (one off event)
kulinar

Re: As transport managers, how do you usually action the message on tacho analysing software about power supply interrup

Post by kulinar »

was the vehicle at the maintenance provider
Prosk8er

Re: As transport managers, how do you usually action the message on tacho analysing software about power supply interrup

Post by Prosk8er »

kulinar wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:54 pm was the vehicle at the maintenance provider
no, it was the end of the shift, one of the drivers finished using this vehicle in 15 minutes after the power interruption
kulinar

Post by kulinar »

Prosk8er wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:55 pm no, it was the end of the shift, one of the drivers finished using this vehicle in 15 minutes after the power interruption
only times I have had it is when the batteries have needed replacing or during a PMI.
Mikejj101

Post by Mikejj101 »

Prosk8er wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:55 pm no, it was the end of the shift, one of the drivers finished using this vehicle in 15 minutes after the power interruption
we used to run trucks which were intrinsically safe mean all Electricial items had to be isolated whilst loading / unloading sometimes this effected the tacho though these were not part of that system
mortenmdk

Post by mortenmdk »

It wasn't a Scania by any chance was it? I have one of these on an older Scania about every 5 or 6 months for no reason. I know that because it has happened to me a couple of times. I would also check the tacho is recording right as I had one. I ran for a few days after it corrected and did the usual changing the mode as needed. Then I had to do a printout and found it was locked on driving. So according to the printout I had driven for 3 or 4 days without rest, break or other work. VOR'd it and straight to tacho centre. Disconnection of battery and all checked working fine..
Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

mortenmdk wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:57 pm It wasn't a Scania by any chance was it? I have one of these on an older Scania about every 5 or 6 months for no reason. I know that because it has happened to me a couple of times. I would also check the tacho is recording right as I had one. I ran for a few days after it corrected and did the usual changing the mode as needed. Then I had to do a printout and found it was locked on driving. So according to the printout I had driven for 3 or 4 days without rest, break or other work. VOR'd it and straight to tacho centre. Disconnection of battery and all checked working fine..
It was a scania, not a brand new, 2016. Do you think it might have the same issue? The tacho was calibrated 3 months ago.
mortenmdk

Post by mortenmdk »

Prosk8er wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:57 pm It was a scania, not a brand new, 2016. Do you think it might have the same issue? The tacho was calibrated 3 months ago.
sounds similar to one I had on ours but it was older than 2016. It is very common with ours and happens on various ones regularly. It is just recorded as a glitch which can't be cured. But just look out for the downloads because as I said I had major infringements showing for driving 96 hours solid according to the tacho.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”