Any thoughts on what this is, so I can explain to driver if necessary Thank you

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
rogerix

Any thoughts on what this is, so I can explain to driver if necessary Thank you

Post by rogerix »

Just run a card download and have got an item" event motion data error" lasting about 16 mins. Not seen it before or on further entries
Any thoughts on what this is, so I can explain to driver if necessary
Thank you
Georgerm

Re: Any thoughts on what this is, so I can explain to driver if necessary Thank you

Post by Georgerm »

It is reporting a hidden defect in the unit. I believe you have 7 days to repair it from becoming aware of problem. Generally they do not show up in normal operation by driver only when downloading at base. Hope this helps you.
AndreWave

Re: Any thoughts on what this is, so I can explain to driver if necessary Thank you

Post by AndreWave »

Sounds like a motion sensor fault, needs checking at the workshop ASAP
roberao

Post by roberao »

We've had this several times on our truck... Took it back to the installer.. was told its due to the canbuss co flicting with the pickup sensor / wiring.. was told that sometimes happens... We get it normally on very hot days, hasnr happened for a while now..
roberao

Post by roberao »

And the wierd thing is.. in Tachomaster there isnt an option to "account" for this fault like a driven with no card warning etc.. got told thats how the head sometimes conflicts with motion sensor.. and to basically carry on..
rogerix

Post by rogerix »

Thanks for replies,very helpful and much appreciated
peterdiani

Post by peterdiani »

Recently had this on one of our mercs. Needed a new gearbox sensor

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”