Hello, Any suggestions for reliable unit hire. I know there is nothing about now but just looking for recommendations,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Iankonsys

Hello, Any suggestions for reliable unit hire. I know there is nothing about now but just looking for recommendations,

Post by Iankonsys »

Hello,
Any suggestions for reliable unit hire. I know there is nothing about now but just looking for recommendations of good companies who don't charge the earth.
Thanks
Iankonsys
AllyTai

Re: Hello, Any suggestions for reliable unit hire. I know there is nothing about now but just looking for recommendation

Post by AllyTai »

I can t help but we are new to this how is it feasible to rent as the costs are so high. Ty.
Antisonte

Re: Hello, Any suggestions for reliable unit hire. I know there is nothing about now but just looking for recommendation

Post by Antisonte »

AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:57 pm I can t help but we are new to this how is it feasible to rent as the costs are so high. Ty.
it all depends on what's included in the rental fees as some include maintenance whereas buying a unit doesn't include maintenance
AllyTai

Post by AllyTai »

Antisonte wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:58 pm
AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:57 pm I can t help but we are new to this how is it feasible to rent as the costs are so high. Ty.
it all depends on what's included in the rental fees as some include maintenance whereas buying a unit doesn't include maintenance
im with you. Ty.
Wuzinvi

Post by Wuzinvi »

AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:59 pm
im with you. Ty.
Antisonte, Weve bought 3/4 year olds. Inspections are £75 ish. 2 major services. Big difference between £1100 to buy and £1900 to lease
Antisonte

Post by Antisonte »

Wuzinvi wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:00 pm

im with you. Ty.
Antisonte, Weve bought 3/4 year olds. Inspections are £75 ish. 2 major services. Big difference between £1100 to buy and £1900 to lease
I wasn't saying either is better than the other it just depends on what you want if you want fixed costs then rent but if you don't mind taking the gamble on anything major going wrong once out of warranty then buy it.
Wuzinvi

Post by Wuzinvi »

Antisonte wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:00 pm
Wuzinvi wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:00 pm

im with you. Ty.
I wasn't saying either is better than the other it just depends on what you want if you want fixed costs then rent but if you don't mind taking the gamble on anything major going wrong once out of warranty then buy it.
No it's horses for courses. MAN will give you a gold warranty for £5k per year
Leegolex

Post by Leegolex »

Ours are fully maintained fully equipped And ideal tramping trucks. £450/week and 2000miles/wk which is really good. If you need a reliable company we are here.
abdicent

Post by abdicent »

it's fixed costs especially when your starting out.
Plus deposit for renting is far cheaper than buying a new one
AllyTai

Post by AllyTai »

abdicent wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:03 pm
im with you it is just going back to basics for me i know how much money we pumped in rents before our own house. I was just trying to see the pros of renting trucks.
abdicent

Post by abdicent »

AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:04 pm
im with you it is just going back to basics for me i know how much money we pumped in rents before our own house. I was just trying to see the pros of renting trucks.
all depends on your situation really. I'd recommend anyone starting out on there own always to rent. It's fixed costs etc and you know exactly how much every think will cost you compared to buying a 20k potential money pit.
But at the same time it's not yours.
It also comes down to your accountant and how your business is setup. You can put every penny of the rental against your tax Hill whereas buying you get 1 off hits etc.
We have a couple of each and works for us but we're all in different situations
AllyTai

Post by AllyTai »

abdicent wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:05 pm
AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:04 pm

all depends on your situation really. I'd recommend anyone starting out on there own always to rent. It's fixed costs etc and you know exactly how much every think will cost you compared to buying a 20k potential money pit.
But at the same time it's not yours.
It also comes down to your accountant and how your business is setup. You can put every penny of the rental against your tax Hill whereas buying you get 1 off hits etc.
We have a couple of each and works for us but we're all in different situations
i am with you lucky enough to have a good accountant with other big haulage firms and he knows one or two things and that we are tiny.
WillCert

Post by WillCert »

Market price for a Euro 6 is anything from £450 pw to £500 dependent on where you go. No cheapies. If they're cheap there's a reason
AllyTai

Post by AllyTai »

WillCert wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:06 pm Market price for a Euro 6 is anything from £450 pw to £500 dependent on where you go. No cheapies. If they're cheap there's a reason
is that to buy or hire?
WillCert

Post by WillCert »

AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:06 pm
WillCert wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:06 pm Market price for a Euro 6 is anything from £450 pw to £500 dependent on where you go. No cheapies. If they're cheap there's a reason
is that to buy or hire?
Thats to hire
You'll pick up stuff. What are you looking for?
AllyTai

Post by AllyTai »

WillCert wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:07 pm
is that to buy or hire?
Thats to hire
im looking to buy Scania s if we can find some from a dealer so warranty and all that
WillCert

Post by WillCert »

AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:08 pm

is that to buy or hire?
Thats to hire
im looking to buy Scania s if we can find some from a dealer so warranty and all that
Big money. Look at Keltruck etc if you want a warranty. I'd look at something else. Scania parts and labour are shocking. Renault T cab or MAN will earn you the same money
AllyTai

Post by AllyTai »

WillCert wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:08 pm

Thats to hire
Big money. Look at Keltruck etc if you want a warranty. I'd look at something else. Scania parts and labour are shocking. Renault T cab or MAN will earn you the same money
awaiting olicence and i will take this onboard tyvm
WillCert

Post by WillCert »

AllyTai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:09 pm
WillCert wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:08 pm

awaiting olicence and i will take this onboard tyvm
lease for first 2 years then look to buy.
Nicklepi

Post by Nicklepi »

Where are you based ? Try BRS, usually they’re on Renault Truck dealers. On a year term contract they have decent price. Beginning of this year, on a year contract was around £365 + vat/week and on the short them just over £400
WillCert

Post by WillCert »

Nicklepi wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:11 pm Where are you based ? Try BRS, usually they’re on Renault Truck dealers. On a year term contract they have decent price. Beginning of this year, on a year contract was around £365 + vat/week and on the short them just over £400
I'd guess they'll not be that now.
Garryolog

Post by Garryolog »

speak to Peter Liddle man Gateshead always done us ok
AllyTai

Post by AllyTai »

Much appreciated gents.
Sorry for hijacking the post.
Johnach

Post by Johnach »

The very best hire company is the Dawson Group or try Hireco

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”