Hello guys. One of my clients wants to remove his only vehicle from his license, need some advice pls thanks.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
stevenping

Hello guys. One of my clients wants to remove his only vehicle from his license, need some advice pls thanks.

Post by stevenping »

Hello guys. One of my clients wants to remove his only vehicle from his license, and replace it with another at a later date. If he does it how will the situation change? Will he still need a transport manager on the license to keep it active? What about me as his transport manager, will one of the 4 slots that I have for operators still be occupied by his license?
peteratu

Re: Hello guys. One of my clients wants to remove his only vehicle from his license, need some advice pls thanks.

Post by peteratu »

As above. You’re on the license for however many discs. Not actual vehicles run. And yes he will still need a tm, even with no vehicles.
stevenping

Re: Hello guys. One of my clients wants to remove his only vehicle from his license, need some advice pls thanks.

Post by stevenping »

peteratu wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:38 pm As above. You’re on the license for however many discs. Not actual vehicles run. And yes he will still need a tm, even with no vehicles.
so does that mean that he will still need to pay the basic salary to me even without the vehicle on the license because he has taken up the operator slot?
martinfe

Post by martinfe »

stevenping wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:42 pm
peteratu wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:38 pm As above. You’re on the license for however many discs. Not actual vehicles run. And yes he will still need a tm, even with no vehicles.
so does that mean that he will still need to pay the basic salary to me even without the vehicle on the license because he has taken up the operator slot?
Stevenping, Yes
Palpingn

Post by Palpingn »

martinfe wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:46 pm
stevenping wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:42 pm
Stevenping, Yes
Yes stevenping..
clydevi

Post by clydevi »

You cant get a licence without having a TM so doesn’t matter if you have or not a vehicle, you need a TM.
As a ETM you can be on 4 licences with a maximum of 50 vehicles
plantio

Post by plantio »

4 operators not 4 licences, I worked with a company a while back that had 5 licences across 5 different Traffic Areas, so at one point I was on 8 licences as ETM and 3 restricted as Transport Consultant.
stevenping

Post by stevenping »

Thank you guys for the answers. :)
markpro

Post by markpro »

They took my o licence off me because I had no vehicles on it
alangist

Post by alangist »

You can’t have a standard licence without at least one vehicle on it.
Coreyer

Post by Coreyer »

He needs a hire agreement for rentals if he has no trucks on his licence
krislou

Post by krislou »

ok, so if he contacts the TC they could give him a concession of 6 months without a transport manager as long as he explained the situation. following this he will either need to add a TM or surrender the license. Best to speak to his caseworker and work it out directly

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”